"Truck Driver" Is The First Trucking Simulator For PS4 & Xbox One

I would honestly rather have American Truck Simulator be released on consoles but this is ok too 👍
I don't understand SCS Software. They could easily release ETS2 and ATS on consoles, instead of making paintjob DLCs. They could earn so much money with it.

Perhaps not so powerful Hardwares?

Okay, this may sound a bit stupid. But that Prism 3D engine is one of the most unpolished what I've ever seen. even my 1050Ti can't run it on 60FPS in the bigger cities. And that's the old part of the map!

I don't understand SCS Software. They could easily release ETS2 and ATS on consoles, instead of making paintjob DLCs. They could earn so much money with it.

Okay, this may sound a bit stupid. But that Prism 3D engine is one of the most unpolished what I've ever seen. even my 1050Ti can't run it on 60FPS in the bigger cities. And that's the old part of the map!

https://redd.it/8ubhtl

From a business POV, SCS would like the games to be on consoles as it will be more profitable. This is something they are keeping in their minds. They don't want to hire a separate company to port the game as it may not be an exact version of the game that they will be pushing on PC. Instead, they would like to do it internally so that the console version can be developed in parallel to the PC version. In terms of a mobile version, the control scheme would have to be altered and graphics lowered so that it can operate on a mobile system. You can watch Squirrel's interview with Pavel for some more information on this (and a clearer explanation of why they don't want another company to port the game).

Finally! A true ETS2 competitor! Hopefully it won't have such huge issues like ETS2.
Saying it’s a true competitor is a bit over the top. It looks like a mod for ETS1 at best. But what do I know, first I hear about this game now.

Remember how long it took for ETS2 to come to Mac? Don’t hold your breath. :lol: Wasn’t there like one guy working on that port?

Ill get it, if it has wheel support. We have to start somewhere.

Most devs should see the success of open world driving games after horizon3. I believe h4 and tc2 will determine how many devs get in on the sub genre.

I'd love ETS2 and ATS on consoles. Sadly I don't own a decent gaming PC anymore (tried to run on my current Intel HD laptop, the results were disastrous), and I'm really missing those two games :(

As soon as I finish "Sheet Rock Hanger" & "Ditch Digger" I'll get right on this one.
take-this-job-and-shove-it.jpg

This honestly looks like it'll just be another generically crap simulator. That truck model even looks like it was just lifted from ETS1.

The more variety the better. The previous generation where games were either FPS or circuit racers was pretty boring.

I'd love ATS or ETS2 to come to console, but this game doesn't look promising at all. Maybe it will pave the way for a real trucking sim to come to console.

If you would like to sign up for the beta yourself, you can head over to the Truck Driver website. However, be aware it does require you to sign up for its email list. It also appears that the beta is only for PC players using the Steam client.

Damn!I really wanted to sign up :(

Good luck to those who have signed up!

Back