McLaren Shadow Project is the Sequel to World's Fastest Gamer

Real Racing 3? :confused: That’s interesting.
I guess McLaren wants to have a large amount of players competing. Since the game is free-to-play on mobile, it can easily get players to install and play the game for a bit. Continue playing the game without grinding or paying for currency, not so much.

Speaking of large amounts of players competing, I also think that McLaren can easily get more participating players if they used GT Sport for the console sector as well as Forza 7.

I guess McLaren wants to have a large amount of players competing. Since the game is free-to-play on mobile, it can easily get players to install and play the game for a bit. Continue playing the game without grinding or paying for currency, not so much.

But Real Racing 3..? It takes so much time completing one championship of certain kinds.

Like when NASCAR came, when your free car needed service you had to wait 12h sometimes. Who wants to do four races - wait 12h - do two more because you forgot, then find yourself questioning why you bother to try to win the car.

It’s sooo time consuming to even do just a few races, because you have to pay to cut down the service time.. :lol: but sure. I can see why they went that route for phones.

Is Real Racing 3 that good?Its bunched together with the top dogs Iracing and Rfactor

Define "good". In terms of market saturation, it's probably the biggest title of all of them, what with it being free, and the number of smart phones out in the world.

It sounds like McLaren wants to cast a wide net because you never know where the latent talent is hiding. There's this little tidbit on the official site:

"For McLaren, the inclusion of more casual games such as Real Racing™ 3 is crucial. Last year’s finalist Henrik Drue, a surgeon from Denmark, reached the finals despite never having played a racing game on console or PC. He went on to out-perform most of the other finalists in the rigorous cognitive tests set by the McLaren team and more than held his own on the track."

IMO, it's a good move for a company like this to cover a variety of games. Obviously the individual devs have to focus on only their title for their own respective esports events (the FIA races, ForzaRC, iRacing's various series), but as a manufacturer, McLaren might as well show off all the different platforms its cars are available on. This is, after all — much like those afore-mentioned esports events — a marketing move.

Speaking of large amounts of players competing, I also think that McLaren can easily get more participating players if they used GT Sport for the console sector as well as Forza 7.

It may not be that simple. Sony may not want its title "sharing the spotlight" with others in a competition. Given the whole Fortnite and cross-platform play fiasco, that wouldn't be terribly surprising.

Also, there's the brand recognition. Here's the two games' McLaren car lists:

• 1994 McLaren F1* (1.11 Update)
  • 2010 McLaren 12C
  • 2014 McLaren 650S Coupe
  • 2015 McLaren 650S GT3
  • 2015 McLaren 650S Gr.4
  • 2017 McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo
  • 2017 McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo Gr.1

• 1966 McLaren M2B
  • 1969 McLaren #4 McLaren Cars M8B
  • 1976 McLaren #11 Team McLaren M23
  • 1988 McLaren #12 Honda McLaren MP4/4
  • 1993 McLaren F1
  • 1997 McLaren F1 GT
  • 2011 McLaren #59 McLaren GT 12C GT3
  • 2011 McLaren 12C
  • 2013 McLaren P1
  • 2014 McLaren #60 Bhaitech 12C GT3
  • 2015 McLaren 570S Coupé
  • 2015 McLaren 650S Coupe
  • 2015 McLaren P1 GTR

In addition, McLaren's had cover-car status for FM5, and will have it with the Senna for FH4.

But Real Racing 3..? It takes so much time completing one championship of certain kinds.

Like when NASCAR came, when your free car needed service you had to wait 12h sometimes. Who wants to do four races - wait 12h - do two more because you forgot, then find yourself questioning why you bother to try to win the car.

It’s sooo time consuming to even do just a few races, because you have to pay to cut down the service time.. :lol: but sure. I can see why they went that route for phones.
That's how the game exhibits its freemium nature: either wait or pay up. I prefer waiting, to be honest. I don't want to be playing all day!
It may not be that simple. Sony may not want its title "sharing the spotlight" with others in a competition. Given the whole Fortnite and cross-platform play fiasco, that wouldn't be terribly surprising.

Also, there's the brand recognition. Here's the two games' McLaren car lists:

• 1994 McLaren F1* (1.11 Update)
  • 2010 McLaren 12C
  • 2014 McLaren 650S Coupe
  • 2015 McLaren 650S GT3
  • 2015 McLaren 650S Gr.4
  • 2017 McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo
  • 2017 McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo Gr.1

• 1966 McLaren M2B
  • 1969 McLaren #4 McLaren Cars M8B
  • 1976 McLaren #11 Team McLaren M23
  • 1988 McLaren #12 Honda McLaren MP4/4
  • 1993 McLaren F1
  • 1997 McLaren F1 GT
  • 2011 McLaren #59 McLaren GT 12C GT3
  • 2011 McLaren 12C
  • 2013 McLaren P1
  • 2014 McLaren #60 Bhaitech 12C GT3
  • 2015 McLaren 570S Coupé
  • 2015 McLaren 650S Coupe
  • 2015 McLaren P1 GTR

In addition, McLaren's had cover-car status for FM5, and will have it with the Senna for FH4.
That's a good point. I thought that with the fact that GT Sport was developed with an e-sports initiative and the McLaren Vision GT car in the game, McLaren would be naturally inclined to include GT Sport, and Forza 7 would be included so fewer players are left out. I did not consider Sony's views on cross-play when I made my initial post, to be fair.

Good to know Mclaren wants to bring esports to casuals with Real Racing 3,great decision.

I dont think Polyphony Digital has any problems sharing their spotlight with PC Sims,the Iracing banner is clearly visible on Tsukuka

Gran-Turismo-Sport-iRacing-Banner-Tsukuba-860x484.jpg

[QUOTE="FerrariF1GT, post: 12387559, member: 251050"I also think that McLaren can easily get more participating players if they used GT Sport for the console sector as well as Forza 7.[/QUOTE]

I would think the FIA association would interfere with it as well as that's trying to turn e-sport racing into a thing. Why would FIA allow that and why would GT sign an exclusive with one manufacturer potentially annoying the others. If GT Sport aligns with McLaren's goals than surely it aligns with others which is why the chose the FIA route allowing them to work with many/all makes and not just a few.

I dont think Polyphony Digital has any problems sharing their spotlight with PC Sims,the Iracing banner is clearly visible on Tsukuka

Note that I said Sony, not PD. Though having another sim's banner in the pits of a single track in GT Sport is not the same as co-headlining an esports contest alongside other games.

Maybe someone from McLaren tried to compete in the FIA Manufactures Championship in GT Sport with their cars and wasn't happy with how below average their cars are with the BOP and is unhappy at PD so now won't use GT Sport. :sly::lol:

In truth though it could be many a number of reasons they aren't using it or other PlayStation titles and it may not be their decision either.

Good Luck to any member who will be taking part though.:gtpflag:

Latest Posts

Back