Audi PB18 e-tron

Antarctica
TRAPPIST-1g
ProjectWHaT

Audi will unveil an electric-drive supercar concept during the 2018 Pebble Beach Concourse d’Elegance Week.

The abbreviated name for the Audi concept car – Audi PB 18 e-tron – refers to the Pebble Beach venue and the year of the debut. It also recalls the LeMans-series winner Audi R18 e-tron, whose technology inspired the solutions for various details. The Audi PB 18 e-tron was conceived and designed by the new Audi Design Loft in Malibu, California.

https://media.audiusa.com/en-us/releases/251

yes emotions with an electric car, driving a computer or a washing machine will never be like driving a combustion engine car. sorry.

“Yes emotions with a car, riding a train or a ship will never be like riding a horse. Sorry”

- People back then probably.
You can't deny you're comparing two very different things. Riding a horse is more similar to driving a combustion car, in terms of feelings, emotions: with a horse you're riding something that breathes, that lives, which helps you to connect with it. The same with a petrol engine: you can feel it vibrate, the whines, the bangs, you feel that there is something alive under the hood. With an electric car, I'm sorry, i haven't felt anything like it as I was driving some datas. And it's the future, undeniably. But it is a sad one

You can't deny you're comparing two very different things. Riding a horse is more similar to driving a combustion car, in terms of feelings, emotions: with a horse you're riding something that breathes, that lives, which helps you to connect with it. The same with a petrol engine: you can feel it vibrate, the whines, the bangs, you feel that there is something alive under the hood. With an electric car, I'm sorry, i haven't felt anything like it as I was driving some datas. And it's the future, undeniably. But it is a sad one

Are you friggin kidding me with this?

An ICE car is closer to a horse than an electric car? It's a car. With like... a steering wheel and doors and a windscreen and seats and seat belts and pedals... it doesn't take a break to piss or drink. It doesn't smell like crap. It doesn't get spooked.

Are you friggin kidding me with this?

An ICE car is closer to a horse than an electric car? It's a car. With like... a steering wheel and doors and a windscreen and seats and seat belts and pedals... it doesn't take a break to piss or drink. It doesn't smell like crap. It doesn't get spooked.
I'm not talking about the driving itself, of course it is more similar to drive an electric car. But in terms of emotions and raw feelings, I think that what they felt with horses can be translated to the driving of a combustion engined car, talking about "feeling something alive". In an electric car I haven't been able to do that.

I can tell the difference from a horse and a car I think

Comparing a horse with a motorcycle would be more accurate. :D

Not the PB 1- e-tron but a SUV e-tron will be released this fall, so they said on television.

Comparing a horse with a motorcycle would be more accurate. :D

1476050041263.png

NapoleonBike_6817.jpg

yea-ya-know.png

sFuXAwv.jpg

Ok, not that last one.

yes emotions with an electric car, driving a computer or a washing machine will never be like driving a combustion engine car. sorry.

What electric cars have you driven? Or I guess I should probably start with, have you actually driven an electric car in the first place?

For the most part, they feel exactly like every other car just quieter and with better acceleration.

A co-work has a Chevy Bolt that he let me drive to lunch the other day. If you put me in it blind, I'd just assume I was in a Chevy Cruze.

What electric cars have you driven? Or I guess I should probably start with, have you actually driven an electric car in the first place?

For the most part, they feel exactly like every other car just quieter and with better acceleration.

A co-work has a Chevy Bolt that he let me drive to lunch the other day. If you put me in it blind, I'd just assume I was in a Chevy Cruze.
I've driven a VW golf fully electric, and I fully know the pros and the cons of the e-mobility as I just graduated with a thesis on it. They may have all the pros of these world, but I'm not talking about urban cars. For my daily trip to work or other I would always choose an electric car because, in the long run, they're cheaper, more quiet, even if a bit uncomfortable. What I was referring to was the sportscar brand: you buy a sportscar because of the sensations it gives you, you don't need it. And with an electric sports car, you may enjoy it while driving but for me you can't simply enjoy it like a combustion-engined one because it lacks "that", which I've explained before.

The golf I've driven felt like a normal car, and it's correct: but anyway it lacked emotion, and in a sportscar that's what the most of the people (who don't want to just show off) looks for in my opinion. It's more subtle in the urban cars environment, but percievable anyway

I've driven a VW golf fully electric, and I fully know the pros and the cons of the e-mobility as I just graduated with a thesis on it. They may have all the pros of these world, but I'm not talking about urban cars. For my daily trip to work or other I would always choose an electric car because, in the long run, they're cheaper, more quiet, even if a bit uncomfortable. What I was referring to was the sportscar brand: you buy a sportscar because of the sensations it gives you, you don't need it. And with an electric sports car, you may enjoy it while driving but for me you can't simply enjoy it like a combustion-engined one because it lacks "that", which I've explained before.

The golf I've driven felt like a normal car, and it's correct: but anyway it lacked emotion, and in a sportscar that's what the most of the people (who don't want to just show off) looks for in my opinion. It's more subtle in the urban cars environment, but percievable anyway

So have you actually driven an electric sports car or even an electric car with sporty potential like the Tesla Model S? A Golf has about as much soul as a slice of bread no matter what's powering it.

Since normal electric cars drive and feel pretty much like an internal combustion car, I can't imagine an electric sports car would feel any different. Also, I'm not sure what the "that" it's lacking even is. Considering you can still feel the road, g-forces, etc. with an electric car all you're really missing is an engine note that sounds like an ICE. Electric cars still make noise when you floor it.

And people buy sports car for a number of reasons. I'm sure the "emotion" is one of them, but I'd wager most people buy sports cars because they want performance and electric cars deliver performance to a degree ICE cars can't. There will be, undoubtedly, people who'll refuse to buy an electric sports car, but I'd guess that in no way they'll flop in terms of sales.

Not a fan of all electric in terms of the aural pleasure. But it has it's benefits in things like acceleration and instant torque. I really feel like it's not much of a benefit going from mostly gas cars to mostly electric cars because a lot of the electric comes from things that cause harm to the environment the same way a gas car would. They also have to mine for the materials to use for batteries. That's all another discussion though. I look forward to seeing this and hope it's more of a higher end type car than an R8 successor.

I'd say, electric cars can still offer that emotional response as an ICE. Especially aimed at the tounger generations.

Not all you d people play video games. Not all ply racing games. However, what they're doing in front of the TV by steering s virtual car, the sounds could be anything. I mean, that's half the problem, the sounds E cars don't make.
Once that hurdle is cleared, there's not much different e in the driving.

If we compare an auto transmission ICE car to an RC, there's really no difference. Either driver plants the accelerator pedal, it would depend if the ICE is an AMG E63 or Kia Picanto., as to what the driver hears. Auto Transmissions are nearly trying to mimic a cvt with so many gears. As morec people sample an RC, the lines will be blurred as to seat of the pants feel, under acceleration.

As much as I live shifting hers in my current car, I still welcome full electric vehicles. I look forward to owning one some day.

Now this is a transformer to the highest level, eh @Danoff ?

Other than that, I think you can see where it takes design ideas from not only the R8 supercar line, but also more historic styling of hatch/shoot brake designs especially in the quattro range of cars.

I think the interior is cool, and it reminds me of a more interesting I Robot future car.

So I would get one and I decide to go to the UK, I can turn this car in an RHD?

No kikie, you can't. It is only LHD or Center drive were you live.

And here I thought the "shooting brake" fad had fizzled away...pity I was wrong.

I'd say, electric cars can still offer that emotional response as an ICE. Especially aimed at the tounger generations.

Not all you d people play video games. Not all ply racing games. However, what they're doing in front of the TV by steering s virtual car, the sounds could be anything. I mean, that's half the problem, the sounds E cars don't make.
Once that hurdle is cleared, there's not much different e in the driving.

If we compare an auto transmission ICE car to an RC, there's really no difference. Either driver plants the accelerator pedal, it would depend if the ICE is an AMG E63 or Kia Picanto., as to what the driver hears. Auto Transmissions are nearly trying to mimic a cvt with so many gears. As morec people sample an RC, the lines will be blurred as to seat of the pants feel, under acceleration.

As much as I live shifting hers in my current car, I still welcome full electric vehicles. I look forward to owning one some day.

As a GT 2 and GT4 player eletric cars sounds don't bother me
everything is a vaccuum cleaner

Back