Ford to Unveil Its New Performance Vehicle... at Gamescom?

Sounds like it will be in Horizon then if the car is that, given the amount of Rangers here in the UK and the date of Gamescom. Also fh3 had a fair share of Ford pick ups in the game.

Last edited:
Watch, it'll be a Ford Focus Active with a "sport" package that includes different wheels and blackout trim.

It'll most likely be an EU-spec Ranger Raptor heading for Horizon 4, possibly with a special livery edition as well.

I like that they're advertising it in a UK based game, this is just the sort of car we need for the tiny country roads we have over here :lol:

I like that they're advertising it in a UK based game, this is just the sort of car we need for the tiny country roads we have over here :lol:
I dunno, it'd make a great "sod it, I'm sick of destroying wheels on pot-holes" car.

So I'm legitimately trying to figure out what these specially developed tires are Ford is talking about. They say KO2 right on the sidewall and BFG makes the tire in that exact same size and in two different load ratings. The tread pattern looks the same too. So the only difference I can think of is that the rubber formula is a little different so Ford can charge you $500 a tire instead of the $250 BFG wants.

Furthermore, I wonder when we'll get the North American debut of the truck (with probably more fanfare from Ford). Assuming Ford is bringing the diesel to the US, it'll compete nicely with the ZR2. If it doesn't bring the diesel, then I'm not sure what engine they'll go with. Fitting a V6 under the hood would call for a major rework of the truck since I think the biggest engine option is an I5 isn't it?

Also:
GTPNewsWire
near Cockermouth in the UK.

Jesus, phrasing!

"Roelant de Waard, vice president of marketing, sales and service at Ford of Europe, went on to say 'We're proud of all the Ford Motor Company vehicles in Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon, and recognize what an incredible marketing tool top line racing video games are, unlike our chicken:censored: competitors at Toyota.'"

I dunno, it'd make a great "sod it, I'm sick of destroying wheels on pot-holes" car.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love one, but they just don't seem that practical for our roads. Having said that the utility companies around here have Unimog U530s with big off road tyres and they seem to get on just fine. It's great seeing them parked across 4 spaces in Tesco.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love one, but they just don't seem that practical for our roads. Having said that the utility companies around here have Unimog U530s with big off road tyres and they seem to get on just fine. It's great seeing them parked across 4 spaces in Tesco.

It's amazing what a culture shock it is every time I'm over in the UK. Here, trucks this size are the exception, not the rule; it's F-150 sizes all the time.

Meanwhile, I'll stop and take note of any truck I spot in London, because even something like the Mitsubishi L200 looks like a freaking giant over there!

Yeah, they do feel a bit big in reality. Most SUVs do over here which is why I can never really get on board with them. After driving the TRD Pro Tacoma out in the States a few years ago though I'm a complete convert to tweaked pickups...

taco.jpg

It's amazing what a culture shock it is every time I'm over in the UK. Here, trucks this size are the exception, not the rule; it's F-150 sizes all the time.

Meanwhile, I'll stop and take note of any truck I spot in London, because even something like the Mitsubishi L200 looks like a freaking giant over there!

Yeah big trucks aren't that popular over here, although I have noticed a few more since moving to a different county as I'm now in a mainly agricultural area and a few people have American trucks. For the most part though they use L200s, Land Cruisers or Defenders, none of which are really that large.

A guy I know who lives on the Isle of Wight (148 sq. miles in size, just off the south coast of the UK) drives a Dodge Ram which I always found comical considering even my Honda CRV often felt too big for the roads over there.

Wait a second. Land Cruisers are even too big for America. :lol:

Unless you mean the small one (uhhh Prado?).

I always thought Land Cruisers were tiny in comparison to things like F150s, Rams, Silverados etc.? I see quite a few Land Cruisers around where I live!

Back