Relive a Modern Day Classic Film With the Peugeot 406 From Taxi

Fun fact: for the first movie (and maybe the second as well, as long as they kept the 406) they used a BTCC chassis for the more race-y shots in the movie. Obviously was fitted to look more like the road car though.

The car is over the top and i love it,there is some serious 2000s ricer bodywork going on but the white color helps alot at making the car unique(instead of the puke colors from the fast and furious movies)

Last edited:
And Taxi 3 with a outta nowhere Sylvester Stallone

It's iffy whether that actually was Stallone or just a doppelganger of some sorts... he didn't really look the part in some shots. The 3rd one in general was pretty terrible all things considered. They're not great movies, but the first one might be the best one of the series. Also featured Marion Cotillard's boobs.

Taxi 2's intro, for those interested:

It's iffy whether that actually was Stallone or just a doppelganger of some sorts...

It is him,his name is in the credits but Taxi 3 came around that time Stallone's face was all puffy like he was attacked by a army of bees

6 to 8 Taxi have been used for the movie including one with a V6 boosted to 280 hp. They even used a real 406 Super Touring for some sequences. On these pictures The car has some holes on the sides to be able to put the wings, in the movie the Taxi don't have these holes so it's can be a stunts car or something else.

The taxi was exposed at the Paris Motor Show in 2008
1536201197-406taxi.jpg

I gotta admit I really like the movies (1-4) and absolutely love the car :lol:

That there was a 5th part completely got past me but it doesn‘t really look any good..

I thought the first film was fantastic. I liked the way most of the car action was shot, the Merc's were great antagonist cars, I loved the touring car look of the Taxi, Marion Cottilard was/is beautiful, Samy Naceri did a good job and the French hip-hop soundtrack worked really well.

Taxi 2, less so, and everything since, somewhere between m'eh and WTF. The move to the much uglier 407 in the last two films doesn't help either.

I had good memories of watching Taxi 1-4 (borrowing DVDs from a local rental store at that time - ah what a simpler time without internet). I remember hating the new bulkier 407 in Taxi 4 when it replaced the boxy 406. Also watched the US version of Taxi, which I didn't think was too bad at the time (but again, I was like 12 :lol:). Looking forward to Taxi 5, but the problem now is finding a way to watch it :ouch:

There was also a PS1 game, but it was terrible :lol:

I ended up just booting up GT2 and using a fully race modified 406 and pretending it's the real deal :D

Back