Thrustmaster Unveils Its New T.Racing Scuderia Ferrari Edition Headset

Doesn’t really make much sense to me from a “realism” perspective. Now you can look like a pit crew chief while you’re out driving?

I’m sure they’re quality headphones but it just seems silly looking at it through a real-world lense.

I nearly made that connection in the social media post on the headset. :P

I agree of course, but I understand the limitations in place for making a headset. It's not like Thrustmaster could reasonably put this into production:

kimi-raikkonen-2017-f1-replica-helmet-full-size-be1-1.jpg

Doesn’t really make much sense to me from a “realism” perspective. Now you can look like a pit crew chief while you’re out driving?

I’m sure they’re quality headphones but it just seems silly looking at it through a real-world lense.

Now you can be a racing driver and tell people which lap they have to pit,best of both worlds.

I agree of course, but I understand the limitations in place for making a headset. It's not like Thrustmaster could reasonably put this into production:

Thrustmaster has just announced in time for Christmas the new Scurderia Ferrari Wireless Helmet Headset! Comes with Sebastian Vettel’s 2018 design and may or may not function correctly three minutes into a race! $400.

I'm surprised that this type of thing hasn't been thought of/showcased yet regarding combining VR, headphone & a mic in a helmet design (it probably has but we don't know about it & it would probably be expensive). Maybe in the near future.

These are not bad. Price seems fair. I expected at least $300.

But then there is the sound aspect and comfort. I would have to test them.

And in related news Sony have announced their own version, but with the metal sides replaced with silver coated plastic designed to easily snap off for convenient storage.

Wireless headphones are nice at first, but when the batteries die mid-race, you'll never want them again. These look pretty good, but the comfort needs to be tested out.

Huh? What kind of batteries were you using? :lol: My wireless headphones last about 10 hours...more than long enough for any race or gaming session. When they aren’t on my head, they are charging. Problem solved. I own nice wired ones too, but having no wires to deal with is nice.

Huh? What kind of batteries were you using? :lol: My wireless headphones last about 10 hours...more than long enough for any race or gaming session. When they aren’t on my head, they are charging. Problem solved. I own nice wired ones too, but having no wires to deal with is nice.
The logitechs and Playstation wireless ones seem to always be dead. I don't store them on the charger because its a pain to do every time. I just gave up and use wired in the rig now so I never have to think about it

Back