Lexus Adds Fourth Flagship Vehicle to Its Lineup With the LY 650 Luxury Yacht

Is it too soon to ask about GT7?... and it's yachts, planes, motorbikes and autos? Or have yall yet to reconize sport as an abreviation of what Gran Turismo has been prior to pay to play PS4? Nice boat!

There needs to be a GT Ocean. And it needs stuff like this.

That aside, this kind of blindsided me reading the article, but...

Not that surprised now tbh. It looks cool.

I don't see much design correlation to their cars. Kinda makes me wonder what's the point.
To do what Porsche Design Studios is doing, who are also building yachts. Apparently, both this & the Sport Yacht concept were designed by Toyota's Marine Department & are being manufactured by Carver Yachts. The Sport Yacht used twin RCF V8s, but I have no idea what they'd need to power this.

To do what Porsche Design Studios is doing, who are also building yachts. Apparently, both this & the Sport Yacht concept were designed by Toyota's Marine Department & are being manufactured by Carver Yachts. The Sport Yacht used twin RCF V8s, but I have no idea what they'd need to power this.

It's a choice of either a 900 hp Volvo diesel or a 1,000 hp Volvo diesel, depending on how much you want to spend.

is there a BOP version?, is it a MR?, will it have grip issues after 7 laps? and will my SR drop if a tuna hits me from the rear?, I need answers

It's a choice of either a 900 hp Volvo diesel or a 1,000 hp Volvo diesel, depending on how much you want to spend.

Just incase anyone is interested/wondering. It will for sure have two of the engines always. Whichever option you choose. So overall 1800 or 2000hp.

I really struggle to understand the point of boats like this... It will cost at least $3M (inc. taxes) with the right options.... and at least another 10% of that a year in running costs... could be as much as 20-25% if you use it regularly.

All for something only capable of inshore cruising in good weather/flat seas.

Most of the decent sized motor yachts in the marina our boat is moored at never move. The owners seem to use them as a sort of fixed caravan they come down to on a weekend and just sit on the boat.

$3M would buy a very nice 80ft Swan or Wally sailing yacht, that would easily be capable of taking you round the world, with running costs in the 5% range.

Back