The Wednesday Want Goes Two-Wheelin' With the Lotus C-01 Sport Bike

I love Daniel Simon's artwork.

Me too. It didn't even dawn on me until just a moment ago that he works with Singer too. Looking at his website, it looks like he had his hand in some of its latest creations.

Me too. It didn't even dawn on me until just a moment ago that he works with Singer too. Looking at his website, it looks like he had his hand in some of its latest creations.
Heh...I'm ashamed to say I wasn't aware of that, but it does indeed seem he was involved in the development of the DLS, and he appears to be proud of that...

39953316_230884197772793_4902017475400433664_n.jpg

It looks good in the black and gold (not John Player, no sir) livery:

DanielSimon_Lotus-Motorcycles_C-01_blk_outdoor_960.jpg

There's also one like this with green stripes instead.

I somehow missed this when it emerged. It's an interesting and apparently successful cross-brand type promotion thingy, I suppose. I don't know how it can be called a sport bike, though. Only the front wheel is 19" - so it's like someone converted a cruiser to a cafe racer and put a rather neat looking fairing around it, I must say.

Still, 200 bhp from that 1190 lump just makes me think KTM should bring back the RC8 - the sweetest handling twin cylinder (actual) sport bike for the road would make for a nice antidote to the current (and imminent) crop of super duper bikes.

Other production bikes that basically look like concepts would include the likes of Husqvarna's Svart- and Vitpilen models, Honda's NM4 Vultus, Aprilia's imaginatively named Moto and Suzuki's B-King - special mention to Yamaha's bonkers Niken, and the Norton V4 is also a pretty cool retro-future sport bike, but is still not in production yet.

Back