Circuit Zolder Looks Just Like the Real Thing in Latest Assetto Corsa Competizione Preview

UE4 is a beast.
But its just not suitable for a sim, the EoE™ (Experts-on-Everything™) told us so. UE4s physics just isn't up to the job and there is no way to replace the "basic" physics that comes with UE4 just to get a dev/small team up and running. What? What do you mean "you can"?! Don't you know that the EoE™ know more about UE4 than its own devs, third-party devs that utilise the engine and anyone with half a functioning brain? Noob! ;)

:lol::lol:

Beatiful! Awesome!

Exemplary.

See, PD? Go learn!
What should PD learn? That a (so far) PC only game, probably running on hardware that costs thousands more than a PS4, looks better than game on a nearly 6-year old console? I'm fairly confident that PD already know that.

Last edited:
All the comments about oh it's beautiful, yeah the screenshots are.
Now go try and run it in VR, or @1440p a 1080ti is having problems holding 60fps, there's a ton of optimization left to do and the projected full release of Q1 is under 60 days out.
I have 19 hours in, my 1070ti is running at 100%/CPU maxxed out it's giving me 50fps @2560x1080p single screen ultrawide.
Kunos are doing great things with ACC, we'll see what happens.

If PD was on a PC at that level, they would do the same, if not better. The PS4 system and specs is holding them back. Big time. You can see what they can do during the Sony 8K TV showcase during CES. That's not a ps4 system and it looks stunning. Of course, this looks wonderful. Absolutely stunning! Props, Kudos!

PD's work is just as good, the hardware just holds them back.

IMO, between the top gaming studios (PD, T10, SMS, Kunos) I think asset modelling has really reached the limit. So what differentiates them now is lighting and the extra eye candy (smoke, sparks, leaf litter, dust, rain effects, etc). Given its hardware, PD consistently has the best lighting engine of any racer period. If you read through their pdf presentation on HDR you can see why (their employees practically have PhDs on the subject :crazy:). If given unlimited power on PC, I shudder to think what PD could pull off and do with VR/time of day/weather :drool:

Kinda dumb comparing what is essentially an indie studio with barely any staff or funding with a first party developer with unlimited time and money and hundreds of employees that only has one spec to work with. But at the same time it shows that licensed engines and middleware has come a long way in the last 10 years, the visuals are reaching a ceiling and a small studio can produce similar or better visuals compared to a massive dev studio. This wouldn't be possible 15 years ago.

Meh. Hand picked screens. In motion ACC don't look as good as a game made on 2013 console. So more like...go learn Kunos ?
What?

ahya.jpg

So tempted to get a new gaming PC for this. However, this will cost me loads of money. Lets see what kind of machine is necessary to run this in 4K with 60 fps after they polished and optimized it.

You know that if it comes to consoles it will be a signigicant downgraded version right?
Of course not right now, in 2 years when the next gen consoles are out and the game has further improved. I'm sure it will happen.

All the comments about oh it's beautiful, yeah the screenshots are.
Now go try and run it in VR, or @1440p a 1080ti is having problems holding 60fps, there's a ton of optimization left to do and the projected full release of Q1 is under 60 days out.
Exactly my feelings. I think lighting on pcars2 often looks better and I can run it at 4K 60 FPS but struggle to get 50 FPS on 2560x1440 on ACC at which point it looks far worse than pcars 2 does. Hope they can fix this.

Of course not right now, in 2 years when the next gen consoles are out and the game has further improved. I'm sure it will happen.
I’d take ACC with graphics and graphical features scaled back to AC (or lower) levels in a heartbeat if that meant I could play it on my PS4. I guess I’m a weirdo.

It’ll take a full AC2 coming to next gen for me to buy a PS5. Can’t foresee getting one for any other reason.

Back