Shuttle the Family Around in Retro Style With This 1975 Ford Transit Kombi

I think the Mystery Machine is based more on the Chevrolet Sportvan or the Dodge A100
1967-Chevrolet-Van.jpg

sc0516-240677_1@2x.jpg

The Mystery Machine was what was needed for any given situation. The pursuit for a foundation in reality is fraught with difficulty from the start as a result, because what was needed was subject to change.

It's apparent that early show runners weren't terribly concerned with continuity either. As we all know, those meddling kids were prone to being stranded at the side of the road with an ominous--potentially even haunted--structure looming in the distance, and in these situations even the engine's position in the vehicle wasn't firmly established; I recall seeing Fred and/or Shaggy (occasionally even Scooby or Velma...but never Daphne) poking about either the front or rear, engulfed in steam or smoke, to determine the source of the trouble.

My friend had one of these and I'm pretty sure the Aussie long nose version was an 4.1L (250ci) inline six not 3.0L. And yes ''Aussies do enjoy a big engine.'' Just a bit bigger than stated ;).

Latest Posts

Back