The Ford v. Ferrari Movie Will Be Hollywood's Take on the Epic RivalryMovies 

Does one dare hope that it'll be as good as Rush?

I read that the film was originally to be an adaptation of the book, Go Like Hell. It was an incredible read, so my expectations are high for this one. I actually like Damon and Bale, as well, so no complaints there.

Read the book, I can't recommend it enough. It makes me want to go out and buy a Mustang, to have a part of that Ford heritage, haha.

Last edited:
I read that the film was originally to be an adaptation of the book, Go Like Hell. It was an incredible read, so my expectations are high for this one. I actually like Damon and Bale, as well, so no complaints there.

Read the book, I can't recommend it enough. It makes me want to go out and buy a Mustang, to have a part of that Ford heritage, haha.

Aha that was the name of the book, Im at work at the mo so couldn't check it out on my bookshelf.

I completely agree an awesome read well recommended. I couldn't put it down pretty much read it cover to cover.

When I read this article I thought it won't be as good as that book but now I know it's going to be based on it, well potentially it's going to be a great film 👍

Good racing movies are... quasi inexistant.
"Rush" or "Le Mans" are the only movies I feel the racing atmospher.
"Ford v Ferrari" casting is interesting (Bale... great one), let's see the first trailers...

I have high hopes for this!

The book "Go like hell" is by A. J. Baime and is very exciting - one of the most enjoyable motorsport books that I have ever read - I recommend everyone to read it. It is so well written that it transcends its genre and can be enjoyed by people with little or no knowledge of motorsport.

Hopefully the film is based on the book, but I am not sure - in 2013 there were rumours of a film starring Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise based on the book.

Christian Bale is a great bit of casting for Ken Miles who was a very tall slim, fitness fanatic. Hopefully Bale can get the accent right - Ken had a very upper crust English accent.

The story about the race distance in the GTPlanet article is completely untrue, but has been repeated so many times that it has taken on a life of its own - Amon and McLaren won the race because Amon surged ahead at the last second and this can be clearly seen in period photos.

Directed by the same guy that did the excellent Johnny Cash biopic Walk The Line?

Hell yes. I'm seeing this opening weekend.

This trailer smells oil... my favourite.

I'm afraid about the "too much", and special effects are... bad (more a ps3 racing game trailer).
But it's look like interesting enough (Ford GT conception historic, Shelby's race driver side).

No spoilers please guys n gals,
upload_2019-6-3_19-7-30.png

Ooops, sorry!

I'm so stoked for this film that after watching the trailer I started re-reading the book!

Anyone who hasn't read "Go Like Hell" by A.J. Baime really should read it asap. Hopefully the film does the book and the historic events justice and is also popular enough to spawn some further good quality motorsport films - there are many other great true stories waiting to be told!

The name in Germany: Le Mans 66
Ford vs. Ferrari sounds so much better.
Both is understandable in all countries, so why another name for german cinemas?

Back