F1 Teams Pick Their 2019 Drivers in the Pro Draft

I don't know what it is about this series but it just seems a bit mercenary to me. Right now this is just a big PR exercise for the F1 teams as Esports is the 'in thing' to be doing. Appreciate people are entitled to earn a living etc but despite the glitz and glamour I'm just not compelled to watch it or get involved. Not helped by having driven the new game myself and thought it was complete meh. :confused:

I don't know what it is about this series but it just seems a bit mercenary to me. Right now this is just a big PR exercise for the F1 teams as Esports is the 'in thing' to be doing. Appreciate people are entitled to earn a living etc but despite the glitz and glamour I'm just not compelled to watch it or get involved. Not helped by having driven the new game myself and thought it was complete meh. :confused:
I think the F1 e-Sports tournament and e-sports in general are much more then just a PR ploy.

In their first go around, they attracted over 4.4 Million viewers, and 2/3rds of those viewers tuned in while streaming which, is even a stronger indication of its success going forward. I can't imagine just how much higher those figures would have been if it were available on Television for more people.

Not sure if you've watched any of the races but they were downright exciting.

Back