Need for Speed Heat Gameplay Trailer: Cops, Tuning, and Character Customization

The graphics are pretty impressive, I just hope the handling is better than in 2015 and Payback, the cars felt too heavy and unresponsive.

The graphics are pretty impressive, I just hope the handling is better than in 2015 and Payback, the cars felt too heavy and unresponsive.
Youtubers that played the demo said it's the same crap handling from previous games. So I would not keep my expectations high. I personally don't have problems with arcade handling. Or like TC said, you need to train with physics to apreciate the new handling. If you expect fun within the first few minutes you're up to a big disappointment.

Youtubers that played the demo said it's the same crap handling from previous games. So I would not keep my expectations high. I personally don't have problems with arcade handling. Or like TC said, you need to train with physics to apreciate the new handling. If you expect fun within the first few minutes you're up to a big disappointment.

Which YouTubers have said that? I've heard the opposite, you now have to double tap the accelerator to initiate a drift and grip driving is now a viable tactic. From the gameplay videos it certainly looks like it has changed for the better.

Which YouTubers have said that? I've heard the opposite, you now have to double tap the accelerator to initiate a drift and grip driving is now a viable tactic. From the gameplay videos it certainly looks like it has changed for the better.

Yeah, I can’t say I’ve heard anyone saying it’s the same as Ghost’s prior entries.

Looks crap. Metrosexual simulator? Riceboy's wet dream? Temptation Island on wheels?

Best NFS is still Need For Speed Road & Track. I'm extremely happy Toyota bailed out from such nonsense.

Looks the same thing like Payback and those physics :nervous:

Honestly cant they replicate Porsche unleashed's deiving physics and handling?? Give it a good modernisation to match todays standards rather doing it all on scratch.

The Hyppo guy, Nick!!! and TC9000 all said that cars oversteer like boat same as before. That the new tap to drift don't work well when you try to correct speed trough corners. The only difference is that drifting doesn't give you advantage like in previous games. Pantha said it is almost the same too.

The character customization isnt really all that needed, is it a nice addition? Yeah. Do I really need to customize a character I most likely wont see much of? No

They've removed the Speed Cards for a more streamline upgrade system and removed the stupid arbitrary unlock conditions for visual upgrades. That's good. However, with the character customization, while cool and everything, I see exorbitant microtransactions incoming. It does look better than Horizon's, but is something I really don't care too much for to be honest.

One of the biggest question as of right now that I have s the size and variety that the map will provide. The trailer only focuses on the city, so is that all that there is to look forward to with the map?

And it seems that the physics haven't changed all that much either. They seem to slide around too much in the trailer. While I can understand this to a point with say stock tires, performance grade tires, depending on the compound, should offer better grip, less sliding.

I saw important part of game is to edit player outlook looking out real street dork with different kind of costumes and actual brands...

Is it really an important part of the game though? From what I've seen and read it's still mainly about racing and modifying cars. Just having character customisation doesn't make it a "metrosexual simulator"!

Looks crap. Metrosexual simulator? Riceboy's wet dream? Temptation Island on wheels?

Lmao have you never been to Miami? There’s a reason why it’s associated so much with the LGBT crowd. And I don't care about you, but those neon lights on Ocean Drive (rather, NFS's version of it) are iconic. Heck, I've stayed at the McAlpin-Ocean Plaza a few times, myself.

Last edited:
There are quiet a few classic racers I can name where you're having fun within seconds of touching the controller.
Of course there are. Had tons of fun with games like Spy Hunter and Outrun when I was a kid. I'm just saying that if you hate the physics in 2015 and Payback you will probably hate them here to. The cars still oversteer a lot. The difference is just how you approach the corners. Before you had to drift to correct the oversteer... now you only need to cut the corner.

The Hyppo guy, Nick!!! and TC9000 all said that cars oversteer like boat same as before. That the new tap to drift don't work well when you try to correct speed trough corners. The only difference is that drifting doesn't give you advantage like in previous games. Pantha said it is almost the same too.

Pantha you mean BlackPantha? He actually said that it is different.

"and my friends i've gonna tell you the handling had changed"

later he is saying that there isn't so much drifting like in Payback/2015 etc etc etc.

here it is:

Pantha you mean BlackPantha? He actually said that it is different.

"and my friends i've gonna tell you the handling had changed"

later he is saying that there isn't so much drifting like in Payback/2015 etc etc etc.
Yeah. Watched that video. And like I said beside different drifting mechanism they can't find other differences. Even in this video he is carefull not to compare the handling to Payback or 2015 to much. Other Youtubers (Straightuphippo, TC9700, etc, etc) all point out the similarities from previous games like excessive oversteer, how all the cars feel similar to eachother, how cop-battles feel the same as Payback.
If you don't care about other changes to the gameplay and only focus on handling physics, well you're up to a huge disappointment. IMO.

Of course there are. Had tons of fun with games like Spy Hunter and Outrun when I was a kid. I'm just saying that if you hate the physics in 2015 and Payback you will probably hate them here to. The cars still oversteer a lot. The difference is just how you approach the corners. Before you had to drift to correct the oversteer... now you only need to cut the corner.
2015 was pretty much undrivable for me, Payback was better but still suffered from heavyness and inability to make quick adjustments to your driving line. By comparison I've loaded up Underground to refresh my memory and the handling feels very tight and predictable in a good way, where you can spot a traffic car and avoid the collision by a hair, also the game demands your full attention because one mistake can cost you a race, I felt focused in a way that I haven't in a long while. Even in GT Sport and Forza I can sorta zone out and drive on auto-pilot more or less, barely paying attention.

Payback was better but still suffered from heavyness and inability to make quick adjustments to your driving line.
This... Heat suffer from the same issue. If you watch some of the gameplays you can clearly see how they struggle to correct the angle when entering the corners, how they hit almost every upcoming traffic car or how the Rino hit the player car with ease.
But still, even with this kind of handling I can have fun with a game. I grew up with arcade races and I love them. It would be a boring world if games like NFS or the Crew shared the same physics as the Horizon series.... even if I consider that handling the best or most enjoyable of any driving game ever.

I still have heard that brake drifting is still a thing in this one.
Even on full grip.
If I want to drift I shouldn't just tap break and I drift.

I still have heard that brake drifting is still a thing in this one.
Even on full grip.
If I want to drift I shouldn't just tap break and I drift.

According to pretty much every influencer who has played the game at Gamescom, this mechanic no longer exists. Instead, you have to double-tap the throttle mid-corner to engage a drift, as if you were doing a clutch kick.

When the back end of the car steps out, it does so in a similar way to the last couple of games, but now there is no drifting speed boost to make it faster than grip handling.

I didnt hate the handling in 2015 to be honest, i got used to it. I still think the best handling in any NFS was MW 2012. And yes I'm pretty sure im the only person who thinks that.

Puzzling that some here seem to not be completely convinced this is utter trash.
What a sick avalanche of vomit by the grandmasters of it all EA. And how is that brodude voice still a thing in 2019. YAWN

This... Heat suffer from the same issue. If you watch some of the gameplays you can clearly see how they struggle to correct the angle when entering the corners, how they hit almost every upcoming traffic car or how the Rino hit the player car with ease.
But still, even with this kind of handling I can have fun with a game. I grew up with arcade races and I love them. It would be a boring world if games like NFS or the Crew shared the same physics as the Horizon series.... even if I consider that handling the best or most enjoyable of any driving game ever.
Such a pity that you hold NFS as a good arcade game.
EA killed every better competitor in every game genre and triumphed with their ****.

Last edited by a moderator:
Puzzling that some here seem to not be completely convinced this is utter trash.
Puzzling that someone here feel the need to tell others what they should and shouldn't like or play.
What a sick avalanche of vomit by the grandmasters of it all EA.
You seem to have full knowledge about this game. Please share some more and illuminate us.
Such a pity that you hold NFS as a good arcade game.
Such a pity that you got so much but hurt over a game.
EA killed every better competitor in every game genre and triumphed with their ****
Yeah I kind of suspected this is just some anti EA propaganda. Geez chill out bro.

Puzzling that someone here feel the need to tell others what they should and shouldn't like or play.

You seem to have full knowledge about this game. Please share some more and illuminate us.

Such a pity that you got so much but hurt over a game.

Yeah I kind of suspected this is just some anti EA propaganda. Geez chill out bro.
yeah you just have no idea and sadly it's not on you. From what I read, the damage was already done when you started playing.

yeah you just have no idea and sadly it's not on you. From what I read, the damage was already done when you started playing.
You are a funny guy.. I like you. Sadly I got brainwashed already since the PS1 era. I'm in constant need for speed.

I'm guessing you haven't seen literally any other thread on this game considering it's half and half, with the majority leaning towards not giving Ghost the benefit of the doubt.

EA killed every better competitor in every game genre and triumphed with their ****.

Aside from their sports games, and the only real case of this being Madden where they made it as such, where has this been prevalent? Last time I checked, Battlefield isn't the only FPS game in town. Dragon Age and Mass Effect aren't the only RPG's in town. NFS certainly didn't kill anything that wasn't killed by itself - maybe you should be blaming, within the racing space specifically, on people's desires to have everything sim based? Because that's certainly where all the arcade racers have gone.

Last edited:
Back