Polyphony Digital is Hiring Again, With 17 New Jobs on Offer

I actually already applied to a GT Explore Studio position listing. They do seem to have potential positions outside Japan, too, including Amsterdam and Los Angeles.

EDIT: "Already" referring to a day or two before this article was posted, for further clarification.

Last edited:
I'd kill it as their Sys Admin, too bad, you know it's part time and the boss would never want to fly the family over there for a part time gig.

Jerome

Make GT cool again! Less dullness and more fun. I wish Poly all the best for its next game but the studio has to changed some things. Forza Horizon is now the reference, and as long as Poly doesn't make things a little more exciting (better soundtrack, camera views...), mainstream medias and casual players will simply overlook the next game.

Didn't they already get a guy from the Forza series? And I'd say the audio has improved a lot in GTS, compared to the PS3-era games.
That's true they did and they've almost got the sweet spot in the sound department. it's way better than 5 or 6. There are some the really nailed, like 458 GT3, but that AMG/SLS GT3 sound needs some work. Like the last iterations though the street car puts it to shame.

That's true they did and they've almost got the sweet spot in the sound department. it's way better than 5 or 6. There are some the really nailed, like 458 GT3, but that AMG/SLS GT3 sound needs some work. Like the last iterations though the street car puts it to shame.

I've heard at least one person say that GTS' depiction of the AP1 S2000's engine is one of the best they've ever experienced.

I said to myself this morning how amazing it would be to have a studio tour. Working there? I don’t have to talent nor the skills I’m afraid.
It’s good to see they have plenty of females working there to. I’m very excited for the future of the next game it’s got serious potential for improvements now that GT has teamed with Michelin. You take everything about GTS as the main foundation and build everything else around it. As much as I love FIAGTC single player needs a real story mode to. Improve graphics, physics, tire model, all sorts of details and features big or small, sounds even further than before. Should be interesting to see what they’ve got in store for the next game.

Thats a weird thing to say,they are a japanese studio?Why would they need western influence?

Not really weird. Diversity feeds creativity. Gran Turismo has always been very Japanese game and thats part of the charm, but to evolve beyond they would need some outside input. I can also imagine that the very strict culture doesnt exactly make changing and repairing the game any easier.

But you cannot deny that the sounds have improved significantly since GT6.

Absolutely true, I have been a GT fan since Day 1 had every iteration of the game up to GT6. Then bought a PC finally as I wanted a wider platform instead of a PS4. My gaming rig cost me around $3500 AUD which I love so GTSport was not in the equation after the outlay.

Well after keeping an eye on GTP and seeing all the updates I finally fell and bought a PS4 pro and sport. There is so much that has improved and sounds are far away one. Probably the biggest one of all as the lighting and car models PoDi have always been at the top of their game.

But there is so much potential for GT to expand upon and alot of it would not require massive changes. They have custom races now but there are still a few things missing like qualifying. Kaz has real world experience in preparing for a race weekend and add those elements. A custom championship / series would also spice things up nicely and would not require too much work or resources.

The car classification needs to be impoved and more specific. Also there needs to be a better single player campaign with a clear path starting maybe with karts and progressing through the ranks to elite levels. Once you reach this you get "offers" from different teams to drive in events or series as an example of what could be done.

Maybe even an event where you qualify to reach the finale of an ingame FIAGTC event taking on AI based of the current crop of drivers like Fraga, Hizal & Latkovski you could even have other previous guys like Ordonez and Mardenborough also in it.

Just my 2 cents from someone who loves the GT series (note I have AC, ACC, PC 1 & 2 Forza 7 plus a few others I play) and wants to see it reach its full potential

Last edited:
Not really weird. Diversity feeds creativity. Gran Turismo has always been very Japanese game and thats part of the charm, but to evolve beyond they would need some outside input. I can also imagine that the very strict culture doesnt exactly make changing and repairing the game any easier.
Thats like saying a american studio needs some eastern diversity,yes its great to have a diversified group of people but i see no problem with PD studio having mostly japanese people.

When is someone gonna interview that sound designer from Forza? I wanna here what he has to say about the state of things when he got there and how he managed to massively improve the sounds.

Was driving the Miata Touring car and just blown away by how good it sounds. There's so many cars like that too that just sound excellent. The Epson NSX especially is one of my favorites.

GT went from having some of the worst car sounds to easily some of the best. Better than Forza or pCars. Both of them have exaggerated and harsh sounds. Really annoying in my opinion while GT's sounds have some natural harmonic overtones that make them pleasant to listen to.

Although, I do drive from cockpit view, which does make a big difference. In my opinion most of the other car views don't sound as good. Cockpit view sounds amazing though.

Back