Polyphony Digital is Hiring Again, With 17 New Jobs on Offer

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Sep 6, 2019.

1. spartan21

spartan21

Are these job opportunities an indication that PD needs help with Gran Turismo 7? Man, I really hope they knock it out of the park with GT7, especially with single player stuff.

Animedeaf and Tenacious D like this.
  2. Noname0529

Noname0529

Just out of curiosity does Polyphony have any offices outside of Japan?

3. ArR29

ArR29

Yeah, one in Europe and one in America.

Animedeaf likes this.
  4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D Premium

This is pretty much what I've been asking for since the early days of GT4. Like Kaz, I wanted to encapsulate the entire motorsports world in a game. While that probably isn't an endeavor on the scale of Fallout or the like, it's like modeling several racers in one... so maybe it is. The only difference is I wanted Karts to be optional - I hate them. Maybe they got them right in Sport, but I haven't bothered to try.

I want something like a Career Mode as I envisioned it years ago, in which you started as a hobbyist in something like the SCCA, like a Gran Turismo Sports Car Club, where you try to tune your first car into a winner. You progress to a more serious club level with more serious cars and sponsors to hire you. You reach a tier with purpose built tuner/racing machines and more serious money as a prelude to league racing. From there, you choose a racing discipline in professional racing. Each tier is a season, each one getting longer with a championship, and a podium finish grants you access to the next level. Or you could choose to stay in to defend your championship next season. GT7 should be like GT4 on steroids, with a big sprawling world of motorsports to explore. There should also be a ton of cars, including a whole ton of tuners and racers, and I think it's time for the return of GT2's Tuner and Race Mods for sports cars.

If Kaz would just give us two big toolkits in GT7, a comprehensive race event builder - to include being able to design your own racing season - and a great track builder, it would be the ultimate racer.

I think with this announcement, it's about time for that GT7 Wishlist thread.

sayba2th likes this.
  5. VBR

VBR Premium

How about a community liaison position? Wasn't there supposed to be something like that already...

Would be nice if someone from PD interacted with us on the Suggestions/Features Forum.

6. JoueurGT

JoueurGT

I would love to be a part of the cars modeling team :bowdown:

7. PSN:And-War

PSN:And-War

Forza does not sound great it needs to sound like raw I think it's just hardware limited

TomBrady likes this.
  8. Rotorist

Rotorist

AI is crucial as they are behind in this section for years. Since the next game is bound to have a big campaign played offline, they need to up their level in that specific portion of it. Especialy since PS5 will be a monster in tech to allow anything they want to acheive.

Krypton78 and TomBrady like this.
  9. Skygrasper550

Skygrasper550 Premium

You've misunderstood. PD hiring the sound engineer from Forza was YEARS ago, meaning that said Forza sound engineer is no longer associated with the current Forza games.

AgentBlackDog likes this.
  10. Max__apex

Max__apex

GT SPORT sounds AMAZING.
    Best sounds ever and visuals out of this world.

The game is a complete game with excellent online racing.

I brought a disc and then a digital version because I think they deserve all the success they get.
    Quality work from PD

GT6mebe, GTjedi99, Rotorist and 11 others like this.
  11. TomBrady

TomBrady

Well, and because you didn't want to have to put the disc in anymore right?

I bought it digitally because I knew I would be playing it so much.

PSN:And-War likes this.
  12. Sander 001

Sander 001

[​IMG]

What’s the Polyphony version? Grind Blue Moon Speedway for a cup of coffee :lol:

13. GT6mebe

GT6mebe

The PD version is giving you 100 cars and a dozen track over the course of two years entirely free.

14. infamousphil

infamousphil

Seventeen new employees or not. The hundreds of mullas needed to afford a PS4 or whatever you're gonna call Sony's next gen console... The next nonabreviated GT(7) needs to truly punish dumb a-- idiotic driving habits with roadside wreckage and debris in order for the perpetrator to watch his/her carnage get cleaned up by the clean up crew.

It's WAY past time for Kaz to earn his keep. A .008% chance to compete in a global competition ain't enough.

15. Max__apex

Max__apex

What you on about.... sit down and be quite

MIE1992 likes this.
  16. MIE1992

MIE1992

Specifically, I think it was in Amsterdam and Los Angeles, respectively.