James Baldwin Wins World's Fastest Gamer and $1m Aston Martin Contract

It's good to see that drivers are still getting opportunities in real cars after GT academy. Big congrats to James.

Wasn't Mikail Hizal supposed to be in this? I could have sworn I saw him announce it on Twitter a while back.

It's good to see that drivers are still getting opportunities in real cars after GT academy. Big congrats to James.

Wasn't Mikail Hizal supposed to be in this? I could have sworn I saw him announce it on Twitter a while back.
He was originally selected as a representative for Gran Turismo, but the timings of the event changed significantly. It was originally supposed to be a week-long boot camp in the UK somewhere, but became this two-week thing in California that actually clashed with the GT World Tour in Tokyo (which was impressive, considering GT announced these dates in February, before WFG2 was even a thing). For that matter it clashes with the FIA Motorsport Games this weekend - getting from two weeks in California that ended last night and back across the Atlantic for this weekend's racing in Vallelunga is jet lag central.

Plus I think Hizal couldn't take the extra time out of his studies - I think he's mentioned it on here somewhere. The two GT representatives were Fabian Portilla and Jonathon Wong.

He was originally selected as a representative for Gran Turismo, but the timings of the event changed significantly. It was originally supposed to be a week-long boot camp in the UK somewhere, but became this two-week thing in California that actually clashed with the GT World Tour in Tokyo (which was impressive, considering GT announced these dates in February, before WFG2 was even a thing). For that matter it clashes with the FIA Motorsport Games this weekend - getting from two weeks in California that ended last night and back across the Atlantic for this weekend's racing in Vallelunga is jet lag central.

Plus I think Hizal couldn't take the extra time out of his studies - I think he's mentioned it on here somewhere. The two GT representatives were Fabian Portilla and Jonathon Wong.
Thanks! Thought I was going crazy haha.

Sucks that he couldn't join. But yeah that would have been a pretty nutty schedule for someone who's supposed to be studying lol. Good on him for making sure school is still a priority.

Do you guys know how to qualify through gran turismo ? I would love to be part of it next year.
The Gran Turismo representatives were selected by WFG. I suppose the way to go about it is to do incredibly well in the GT Sport World Tour next year.

For that matter it clashes with the FIA Motorsport Games this weekend - getting from two weeks in California that ended last night and back across the Atlantic for this weekend's racing in Vallelunga is jet lag central.
Hopefully Jaaames can still do well for Team UK.

Then how come we never heard this name before?
Which one? Job? His name is in both the article I wrote for the start of WFG and for the article I wrote for the conclusion of it. Baldwin? His name is all over the place and I've written about him in eROC in January, LMES in July, and FIA Motorsport Games only a few weeks ago, all here on GTPlanet.

Which one? Job? His name is in both the article I wrote for the start of WFG and for the article I wrote for the conclusion of it. Baldwin? His name is all over the place and I've written about him in eROC in January, LMES in July, and FIA Motorsport Games only a few weeks ago, all here on GTPlanet.
Ok cool. Its just odd because i follow all iracing world series with the fastest aliens in the world and I never saw this James Baldwin anywhere in these top sim racing competitions.

Ok cool. Its just odd because i follow all iracing world series with the fastest aliens in the world and I never saw this James Baldwin anywhere in these top sim racing competitions.
Very strange. He's also part of the F1 Esports guys, and he's one of the fastest. Who do you know of other sim racers which should be faster than him?

First time hearing of him too, or at least being aware of him.

Back