Toyota Reveals 257hp GR Yaris Rally Homologation Special

I really don't like subcompact cars but that looks like a blast. If only they did something like this with the Corolla or Camry, I'd be interested in something like a Corolla "STI" or whatever. Knowing Toyota though, something like that would be really pricey. This Yaris is nearly 50k when converted to loonies.

The one thing I don't like about how it looks is the bulging rear wheel arches that Toyota seems to be putting on all their vehicles. They also did this with the new Highlander.

Last edited:
Performance looks very serious for something Fiesta-sized. However I expect this to cost possibly upwards of £30k and not sell a lot.

Anddddddddddd not coming to the US. :crazy:

It's a proven scientific formula by now:

If a JDM vehicle is represented by x, and x < 12 pounds/horsepower, then US allocation = 0. The constant holds stable for at least 25 years, unless racecar. Then demand equals an imaginary number, though a complex number if you throw millions of dollars* at it.

* no, not Dallaras.

Last edited:
I love this car and it would be an absolute blast! Could you imagine how good it’d be on a hillclimb or gymkhana course? :eek:

Aus pricing is slated around $60k, which, for reference is the cost of two new base model GT86s. Probably a bit out of my reach for a 2 door hatch, but I sincerely hope they sell a whole heap of them. The world needs more homologation specials!

I can honestly say that since my sister has had a Yaris for a couple years now... I never thought I'd ever want one. This is so sweet. Haha

Think there's a bit of passing resemblance here,
iu.png

Also this, in case you missed it. Super TAikyu action for both cars THIS year! 👍
At that time, two unveiled cars, the GR Yaris and the GR Supra, were announced with super endurance specifications. Rather than TOYOTA Gazoo Racing, these two cars will be participating in Super Taikyu from the private team "ROOKIE RACING" of Toyota Motor President Akio Toyoda.
xrookieracing_002-20200111024618-900x507.jpg.pagespeed.ic.7TSDv708NQ.webp

Bring it to GTSport (GR.B serie) with PPIHC (serie all cars) for now PS4 with upgrade to PS5. Dreaming is free.

This is the Toyota I've been waiting for since the demise of the Group A GT-Four Celicas (I'm rebuilding an ST165, so pretty obsessed with those cars). Brilliant job by Toyota on this Yaris.

On another note @GTPNewsWire , it would be great if you could include metric units in future articles. Saves us the time of converting everything 👍

This is the Toyota I've been waiting for since the demise of the Group A GT-Four Celicas (I'm rebuilding an ST165, so pretty obsessed with those cars). Brilliant job by Toyota on this Yaris.

On another note @GTPNewsWire , it would be great if you could include metric units in future articles. Saves us the time of converting everything 👍
192kW and 360Nm (200kW and 370Nm for JDM cars), 1280kg, 230km/h, and 0-100km/h in 5.5s.

192kW and 360Nm (200kW and 370Nm for JDM cars), 1280kg, 230km/h, and 0-100km/h in 5.5s.
Thanks 👍 Although it's no problem for me, just for people living in other regions who read the home page news feed.

Back