This Guy's Gaming Rig is a Real, Full-Size MINI Cooper S

There were some of these on the Mini Cooper stand at Festival Of Speed when I went a few years ago. They were good fun

The way he got it into his basement makes me think of those old stories from the '60s about metal shop students pranking their teacher by disassembling his VW Beetle and reassembling it inside the classroom overnight.

I'm also impressed that he managed to find a monitor that fits into the windshield areas so closely, it certainly makes the whole thing look a lot cleaner than jury-rigging a multi-monitor setup in there.

I’ve always wondered about what these are like when driving other cars. Must feel a little odd blasting down the Muslanne at 200mph with this set up :lol:

I’ve always wondered about what these are like when driving other cars. Must feel a little odd blasting down the Muslanne at 200mph with this set up :lol:
Check out The Extra Mile on YouTube. He didn't go this far but he took the full dash (wheel included) out of a BMW and uses that as his rig. His screen is a wall projector so it covers that much more of his field of view. He even has fans set up to blow air through the air vents and the knobs on the dash control it!!

Very impressive and professional looking from the photo's.

Certainly one way to immerse the racing experience and be fully focused on the game and race.

Every time i go from a small hatchback to a LMP1 i fiddle with the seat, wheel height and depth of the pedals. Stretching the legs more and having the wheel lower and a bit closer for the latter for example. It's a small thing but i like it. That's why i'd be a tiny bit bothered with sitting in a mini on a Le Mans race... but yeah, that doesn't mean this setup isn't amazing of course. That's insanely well done.

Need triples here.
With software you can mix and match screen sizes, also adjust the bezels for the pillars.

Very nice setup!

Imagine going to the shops,

"I'm looking for a monitor that's exactly XX wide by XX high"
"Why?"
"Because it needs to fit in the windscreen of my Mini."
""

Looks like a good job, shell is in great condition, pity he had to chop it up.

Last edited:
That setup is amazing! :D

If I was a hardcore sim racer, I’d definitely save this video for future inspiration. But I’m more likely to start doing flight simulators, so I’ll have to come up with something for that. ;)

Looks like a good job, shell is in great condition, pity he had to chop it up.
To be fair, '05 Minis aren't exactly rare beasts. And it'll be a lot easier to relocate the thing if he ever needs to move or just decides he doesn't want it anymore a few years down the road.

This is a nonsense to me...

The most inmersion you get is with VR, and you haven't to change the rig or the car every time you use one or another... You feel really IN EACH CAR.

This is a nonsense to me...

The most inmersion you get is with VR, and you haven't to change the rig or the car every time you use one or another... You feel really IN EACH CAR.

I'd say every type or rig gives you different experiences, each one of them having their own cons and pros :)

When I want to feel like I am driving and sitting in a Mini in a Racing game, I wear my VR goggles. Crazy right? Welcome to 2020!

Back