DIRT 5: Locations and Events Revealed

Troy Baker of metal gear and Nolan North what is this going to be Uncharted Gear or something do we really need voice actors other than Co-drivers.

Troy Baker of metal gear and Nolan North what is this going to be Uncharted Gear or something do we really need voice actors other than Co-drivers.

What Co-drivers? ;)

This game will not feature traditional rally stages at launch. Think more along the lines of Motorstorm and you get a better idea of what style of offroad racing Dirt 5 is going for.

I only have one question about this article...

What the heck does "hoves" mean :lol:

Been swallowing a thesaurus again @Famine :sly:

As for the game itself, so far what has been teased/trailed for the game sounds like its heading in the right direction to me 👍

And, as I see it, theres little sign of having to resort to hyperbole with the early marketing. Not picking up many hints of the "it's got more modes than ever before" kind of marketing (looking at you Kaz), more it feels like Codemasters are saying "we know we've got a good thing going here and we're going to let it speak for itself"

However, good marketing does not necessarily guarantee a good game at the end of it. So, while it's a thumbs up from me so far, I'm not getting on that hype train just yet...

This is looking more and more like a fun fast addictive arcade DriveClub/Onrush 2 to me, the new locations and car modelling looks great so far. Bonus of a Photo Mode too. It is so needed on the PS4/5 as there are not many arcade racers these days. I will pick up on PC so I can tweak the overlays and textures.
2020-07-16_081600.png

I wonder if we will be able to save replays with this version of EGO engine. That would be really nice.

What Co-drivers? ;)

This game will not feature traditional rally stages at launch. Think more along the lines of Motorstorm and you get a better idea of what style of offroad racing Dirt 5 is going for.
Dammm I think I will let this pass me by unless it plays really well.

I pray that each locale has more than 2 tracks and 6 layouts that are just Forward/Reverse/First Half F/First Half R/Last Half F/Last Half R.

Also needs a DLC locale in Australia/Oceania (outback or lagoon type setting) and Antarctica (massive ice canyons with extreme blizzard conditions) to completely cover every continent :cool:

Great roster of locales, some of which I've yet to see in a racing game. As stated by Eunos_Cosmo, Africa is rarely covered, as is Continental Asia. The two Asian countries are what I'm probably the most excited for.

Being my favourite region in the country, I asked for the Guangxi province throughout the post-release schedule of Driveclub, so I'm ecstatic about that location in particular. As for Nepal, it could have some potentially terrifying cliffside routes, complete with distractingly beautiful views that'll have me falling off the track often. Hope to see some teasers soon.

The only country I'm a bit worried about is Italy; would be a shame to solely restrict it to a mine.

Back