You Can Now Drive Gran Turismo's Apricot Hill and Midfield Raceway in Assetto Corsa

These tracks are on PC only, but for PS owners, Assetto Corsa is currently on major sale on the PSN Store right now until the 19th...

I think i might give it a go...

Hmm, should have added Maggiore, Deep Forest, Autumn Ring, Trial Mountain, Motor Sports Land. Dragon Trail on the way. I'm sure I'm missing more.
(The Grand Valley isn't that great)

Hmm, should have added Maggiore, Deep Forest, Autumn Ring, Trial Mountain, Motor Sports Land. Dragon Trail on the way. I'm sure I'm missing more.
Seattle, Autumn Ring Mini, and Complex String as well (Complex String Isn't great either)

Desktop Screenshot 2021.01.13 - 00.25.37.61.png

Last edited:
Elevation changes are off but this is cool! It's a lot of work to replicate any track so them being close is great, let alone adding a creative twist by combining them 👍

Last edited:
Would have been a sucky headline though - and besides, focussing on the two tracks made by that one user made for a neater post.

Now everyone can click on the comments, come here, and find out there's even more!

Edit: Actually, I think an extra paragraph in the piece might be an idea.

Last edited:
** Longest headline ever :lol:

Special stage Route 5 wasn't that great either if I remember.
Ya Tyrone is making some good tracks in AC. His own fantasy tracks are VERY Gran Turismo esque.

** Longest headline ever :lol:

Special stage Route 5 wasn't that great either if I remember.
Ya Tyrone is making some good tracks in AC. His own fantasy tracks are VERY Gran Turismo esque.
Will have to give them a look. Edited, knew the name was familiar, have of it already, as they did the utterly excellent version of Anglesey.

We also get Fujimi Kaido from Forza and a very good version of Blackwood from Need for Speed, as well as a load of stuff from Grid (Shibuya and Cote d'Azur are both rather good).

Last edited:
Last edited:
"Both are fictional circuits present from the very first Gran Turismo back in 1997"

Uh no... neither were in GT1. They first appeared in GT2. Come on, I'd expect this from IGN, but GTPlanet?? Hope this trivia nugget isn't from your book.

"Both are fictional circuits present from the very first Gran Turismo back in 1997"

Uh no... neither were in GT1. They first appeared in GT2.
Yup, both first appeared in Gran Turismo 2.

Two of my favourite GT layouts :)

Gran Turismo's original roster:

• Autumn Ring
  • Autumn Ring Mini
  • Clubman Stage Route 5
  • Deep Forest Raceway
  • Grand Valley Speedway
  • Grand Valley East
  • High Speed Ring
  • Special Stage Route 5
  • Special Stage Route 11
  • Test Course
  • Trial Mountain

Are the modders ripping 3d model tracks from GT4 as a guideline or are they just re-creating them from scratch by eye?

Should be able to get accurate recreations with the rips, similar to the GT6/GTSport car model rips.

del1ldj9f.jpg

Last edited:
Are the modders ripping 3d model tracks from GT4 as a guideline or are they just re-creating them from scratch by eye?

Should be able to get accurate recreations with the rips, similar to the GT6/GTSport car model rips.

del1ldj9f.jpg
That reminds me of a thread here where a russian modder managed to "rip" GT4/PSP cars to PC for documentation purposes, which then ended up creating a game in Unity using cars stolen from other games such as mobile ones called "Project IGNITION". After that vaporware scam, he ended up working on a drift title which legitemately got released instead.

del1ldj9f.jpg

Of the GT tracks i've made.

Apricot Hill and Midfield are by eye.
Seattle uses google maps terrain.
Dragon Trail uses a rip from GT:Sport as a guide, but the track surface has been re-modeled completely and merged with terrain from Google.

It's certainly my own way of doign thinks, and I can see the benefit of a conversion, but I just like it being 'my own thing' if that makes sense?
Like, yes it's based on something made by somebody else but I made it. There's a bit more of a sense of ownership then.

del1ldj9f.jpg

Well I can tell you that from experience, I did the special stague route 5 all for asseto corsa, and it was watching videos of yotube XD santa patience the work that has to create a track I am working on a new one called EL CAPITAN and I get smoke of the head

Back