GT Sport Balance of Performance Adjusted Ahead of 2021 FIA Online Championship Season

• Thread starter Mert160
  • 36 comments
I start work a bit late this morning so I took the TT out to Tsukuba for initial BOP testing. I'm sure the TT haters will be happy to hear that the understeer is more pronounced and it doesn't brake quite as well. I might be wrong but it also feels like that it has slightly better straight line speed, so when people adjust to the new handling it may once again be OP. We'll see.

Looking at the numbers, I think it's safe to extrapolate the same to the other FF cars. In other words, I don't think this update does a lot to balance out Gr 4 all that much. I guess we'll have to see how much the tire wear is affected.

Last edited:
Finally the FFs get more weight, about time. Maybe my dear SLS will actually have a better chance keeping up with the pack.

Question I don't see anyone asking - how does this affect Time Trial stages' BoP? We're in the middle of a Gr.4 TT event...

but the increase of horsepower and added weight should make their tyrewear even worse?

IMO they should've just nerfed the power. The FFs are (were?) so much faster than anything else in a straight line, except the Veyron, but that's a brick...

Last edited:
When can we expect the next set of races to be revealed?
Well... last year there was a pre-season announcement on February 13th (beginning February 18th), followed by the first stage announcement (which became an Exhibition stage) on March 13th. In 2019 the Exhibition stage was announced on January 24th, with the season itself announced on March 20th.

We can probably expect a pre-season or exhibition stage announcement very soon, and the full season announcement in about six weeks.

I start work a bit late this morning so I took the TT out to Tsukuba for initial BOP testing. I'm sure the TT haters will be happy to hear that the understeer is more pronounced and it doesn't brake quite as well. I might be wrong but it also feels like that it has slightly better straight line speed, so when people adjust to the new handling it may once again be OP. We'll see.

Looking at the numbers, I think it's safe to extrapolate the same to the other FF cars. In other words, I don't think this update does a lot to balance out Gr 4 all that much. I guess we'll have to see how much the tire wear is affected.

I think those who are proficient with the FF cars will see an adjustment period. Then they will decimate all in dailies. I agree, I don't think this will balance the class out.

Nerfed the Aston right as I was considering signing with them for the next season...
It'll still be a rocket down the straights. Losing 1% power won't make much difference to it

I think those who are proficient with the FF cars will see an adjustment period. Then they will decimate all in dailies. I agree, I don't think this will balance the class out.

They'll still be competitive in Race B but nowhere near as dominant - the weight increase will far outweigh the power bump and slow them down over a lap - in Race C and FIAs they've taken a massive hit

Regarding BoP adjustments, does anyone know if they just mess with the power/weight ratios or do they play about with other settings too?

Why did they nerf the Hyundai? Felt like it was already average (easy to drive though) . Now it'll be even slower.

Hyundai is still very strong, got very good results yesterday during dailies on the Mountain. Never felt like I was underpowered battling with Corvettes and Astons.
I see. Well I might go with them for the manufacturers still then. Need to do some testing.

Now if only I could find the time.

It always comes to expectations. If you expect the Hyundai to be a power car that wipes the floor on a straight line with anything, this is not the car for you. Go with Aston, Viper, Corvette or Jaguar. The Hyundai is average on a straight line, but it will turn better and is good on fuel and tyre usage. In my opinion, with the Hyundai you can be competitive at all types of tracks, but you will not be the META for any. During a long official season I prefer that as opposed to having a META car for few combos and be totally ***** on all the others.

I've no idea how they're coming up with these adjustments, if the whole point of the BoP is for sport mode, why not base it off sport mode results? PD must have a way of knowing total results across the daily races, so why not which cars had the most and least wins every time that class comes up in a daily, and give those cars a nerf/buff to even the class up?

Real world series that use BoP base it on results, would make sense to use it in GTS as well.

Why is the BOP not represented in the Lobbies or the Arcade Time Trials? I set up a lobby (with BOP On in the settings) because I want to check how the new hp/weight affects tire wear and lap times of my favorite manufacturers. Except, when I set up the lobby, the BOP is NOT the same as what is published. Same for the Arcade Time Trial mode (yes I turned BOP on the car).

Random Examples
Car
BOP Lobby HP/Weight
BOP List HP/Weight

Gr3 Viper
Lobby 549/2870
BOP List 557/2870

GR3 Aston V12 Vantage GT3
Lobby 576/2866
BOP List 585/2866

GR4 TT Cup
Lobby 338/2355
BOP List 343/2354

Alright, this gets even weirder.

If you try to set it yourself (lets take the V12 Vantage) its not even the right % of the non-bop car. 111% is 576 HP. 112% is 581 HP. GT Sports sheet says 111% and 585 HP. LOL. Math fail GT Sport.

Last edited:
Why is the BOP not represented in the Lobbies or the Arcade Time Trials? I set up a lobby (with BOP On in the settings) because I want to check how the new hp/weight affects tire wear and lap times of my favorite manufacturers. Except, when I set up the lobby, the BOP is NOT the same as what is published. Same for the Arcade Time Ttrial mode (yes I turn BOP on the car).

Random Examples
Car
BOP Lobby HP/Weight
BOP List HP/Weight

Gr3 Viper
Lobby 549/2870
BOP List 557/2870

GR3 Aston V12 Vantage GT3
Lobby 576/2866
BOP List 585/2866

GR4 TT Cup
Lobby 338/2355
BOP List 343/2354

Alright, this gets even weirder.

If you try to set it yourself (lets take the V12 Vantage) its not even the right % of the non-bop car. 111% is 576 HP. 112% is 581 HP. GT Sports sheet says 111% and 585 HP. LOL. Math fail GT Sport.

See...checking this kind of thing is good. I would have never even thought to do that.

Is it right in Sport Mode?

See...checking this kind of thing is good. I would have never even thought to do that.

Is it right in Sport Mode?

Just went into Race C in Qualy with the V12 Vantage

HP 576 <---- FAIL says 585 on the udpate
Weight 2866 <----Correct but it didn't change with the update
111% and 104% <----correct per the update website

So that would be a big negative. Unless they are going off the % and somehow the genius that is in charge of all of this fat fingered his transfer from the excel spreadsheet.

Gr4 in Race B

TT Cup
again the %s are correct, but the HP and Weight are not matching the website numbers. SOOOooooo are they converting from Kilowatts or something to HP and can't do math? Is the game right? Is it going to be different in the FIAs? Someone call me a waaaaaaambulance. LOL

Last edited:
It's because of the difference between the different definitions of HP. The GTS website lists the "metric horsepower" (or pferdestärke) unit, whereas the lobby in-game will list the "international horsepower" unit rounded down. It all checks out if you take a look at this website: https://www.convertunits.com/from/hp/to/ps

557 PS/metric HP = 549.xx international/electric HP
585 PS/metric HP = 576.xx international/electric HP
343 PS/metric HP = 338.xx international/electric HP

So if you check out some other cars that changed, you should see the following:

Gr3:
Mazda RX Vision: 526 HP in-game
McLaren: 539 HP in-game

Gr4:
NSX: 368 HP in-game
Scirocco: 329 HP in-game
Audi TT: 333 HP in-game

It's because of the difference between the different definitions of HP. The GTS website lists the "metric horsepower" (or pferdestärke) unit, whereas the lobby in-game will list the "international horsepower" unit rounded down. It all checks out if you take a look at this website: https://www.convertunits.com/from/hp/to/ps

557 PS/metric HP = 549.xx international/electric HP
585 PS/metric HP = 576.xx international/electric HP
343 PS/metric HP = 338.xx international/electric HP

So if you check out some other cars that changed, you should see the following:

Gr3:
Mazda RX Vision: 526 HP in-game
McLaren: 539 HP in-game

Gr4:
NSX: 368 HP in-game
Scirocco: 329 HP in-game
Audi TT: 333 HP in-game

Beautiful, so it is a conversion issue. Thanks. I'll just plug that into my handy excel spreadsheet and problem solved :D

Last edited:
Just went into Race C in Qualy with the V12 Vantage

HP 576 <---- FAIL says 585 on the udpate
Weight 2866 <----Correct but it didn't change with the update
111% and 104% <----correct per the update website

So that would be a big negative. Unless they are going off the % and somehow the genius that is in charge of all of this fat fingered his transfer from the excel spreadsheet.

Gr4 in Race B

TT Cup
again the %s are correct, but the HP and Weight are not matching the website numbers. SOOOooooo are they converting from Kilowatts or something to HP and can't do math? Is the game right? Is it going to be different in the FIAs? Someone call me a waaaaaaambulance. LOL

So Mr. Greddy wants to sign with Audi...very interesting ;)

Latest Posts

Back