Motor Mythbusters Will Test Out Automotive Urban Legends

I hope they can get their hands on the DeLorean of Back To the Future and test if you can really time travel in this car.

Motortrend app only? Not on Youtube?

I don't think that after hundreds of Garage54 Ridiculous experiments on youtube this show has any chance of surprising me :D
If you've seen it - you'll know what I mean :D
That quad-engine Lada...unforgettable.

It's so nice to see Tory again. I watched every episode of Mythbusters I could back then.

I hope they can get their hands on the DeLorean of Back To the Future and test if you can really time travel in this car.

Motortrend app only? Not on Youtube?
Given you can't get a DeLorean up to 88 mph,....

Tory Belleci, one of the Build Team from the original Mythbusters
Looking at the picture I was wondering if that was him, but honestly, I probably wouldn't have recognized him. He did gain quite a bit of weight, especially around the face.

That being said, they also acceptably showed that it would routinely fail to start for no reason whatsoever.

To be fair, the movie actually shows this.

You apparently have to honk the horn with your forehead while turning the ignition.

Last edited:
I'm a big Mythbusters fan and I love cars, so I ponied up the $5/mo for the Motor Trend app. The first season just ended and I enjoyed it. Tory, Faye and Bisi have good chemistry together. Maybe not Tory, Kari and Grant level chemistry, but close enough. Robert Lee's narration adds to the classic Mythbusters charm. The myths went from silly to fascinating, so very Mythbusters in that regard as well. I love the chop they put in an old Dodge van to see if chopping a roof really made a vehicle go faster (confirmed). The first season is now available on Motor Trend's TV channel as well as Amazon Prime Video (neither of which I have.)

Last edited:
I was a little disappointed when Faye pointed to the starter solenoid relay on a Ford PU truck and called it a voltage regulator. It kind subtracts from the credibility of the show.

Last edited:
The Flintstones car was just stupid. I hope they start keeping it to realistic situations. The electric car test was good, where they showed that track time increased with reduced charge, which I didn't expect to actually happen.

Back