3D3 Racing: WRS-based races moved to new WRS sub-forum!

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 2,120 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: Thanks Gravitron

I know there is at least one person I'm missing... someone signed up prior to us posting the event? A friend of Speedy was it?
Euhm, I don't know.
Could it be it was a friend of Sjaak
I see Speedy has gone for Pearlescent Sewage... :lol: Are we running stock setup since this is a non-tuning week for WRS?
No we are not. That was my mistake :dunce:

EDIT: Thanks Gravitron

Euhm, I don't know.
Could it be it was a friend of Sjaak

It is in fact a friend of Sjaak,

GTP_Don - Division 2 silver 3 Gold 👍

I'll have the pics for NA up after the first NHL game of the year :D
Go Habs Go.

Last edited:
Here are your color choices this week. :lol:

ColorsForBritishInvasion.jpg

Last edited:
Sign me up for the EU Race Slot , color: Ebony. 👍

Last minute adjustment :lol:
Thought it might give me a bit of speed, but all it did was make my car look silly :D

Pekka drove the entire race with headlights and windshield wipers on :lol:
Classic 👍

So , you noticed. :lol:
I thought it'd be a good joke to keep the lights popped up . I did the same thing on my WRS submission lap.

Yeah that was fun. Thanks for organising and hosting to Marc and Tim :cheers:

Pekka had me sweating there for the first 6 laps or so, then again on lap 10 or 11 when I spun out at the hairpin. My first online race for about 6 months but makes me want to race more often again. :)

Did I? I thought it was me who was sweating and cursing for having no opening to pass. :D

Cleanest race I've ever seen online at Monaco.
Indeed - I want to add my personal thanks to Pekka for patience through the swimming pool section in the early laps. My setup wasn't great on cold tyres but he held it together rather than trying something rash. Nice driving mate. 👍

I did my best to stay in your draft without crashing into you.
Lap 3 right after T2 split (at the pool) I almost rear-ended you ,
I noticed your speed was slower than normally and then you braked.
I hit the brakes and tried to avoid contact by steering left.
Luckily there was no contact and the race went on.

It's not really that I would have been patient , but I just couldn't keep up your pace. :lol:

Assuming the list isn't filled can I take a spot on the EU race also?
It's also always possible my schedule will eventually dictate which of the two I could make, won't know for 100% until a day or two ahead of time.

Assuming the list isn't filled can I take a spot on the EU race also?
It's also always possible my schedule will eventually dictate which of the two I could make, won't know for 100% until a day or two ahead of time.

Of course you can join both events. If the events start filling up, which hasn't happened yet, we'll just ask for everyone's primary option and give everyone priority on their primary when the grid gets full.

If it gets big enough we'll figure out how to work multiple rooms. We have some ideas, but we'll cross that bridge when/if we come to it.

Last edited:
Yes,sign me up please.

I take the spectrum blue metallic.

GTP_Don is a racing buddy for 8 years of so,he will blend in easily.:)

Put me down for Porcelain and I wouldn't miss this one :)

Yes,sign me up please.

I take the spectrum blue metallic.

GTP_Don is a racing buddy for 8 years of so,he will blend in easily.:)

Cool, you are both in. GTP_Don qualified in D3 so he's one of "us" now :sly:

C'mon Yanaran... you know you want to! :lol:

Last edited:
Botanical Green Metallic please fella 👍

Yeah Jonas, get in there lad :sly:

Mo here (GTP_Gooners_17).This looks like a lot of fun. I'm down for next week's race (NA slot).

Ill send WRP001 a request tomorrow when I'm at my PS3, but till then put me down for the Jag in the metallic black.

Crusin' Monaco NA Highlights

Good clean start, but someone's missing...
CtedAzurcopy.jpg

Lefty! Off to a slight early lead due to a Rolling Start / connection problem.
CtedAzur_2copy.jpg

Lap 1.
CtedAzur_4copy.jpg

Lap 4. It's really a shame Lefty and CSL couldn't see eachother, they were quite close for a while 👍
CtedAzur_5copy.jpg

Lap 5. How to pass EDK cleanly??????
CtedAzur_7copy.jpg

Lap 7. I know what you are all thinking...
CtedAzur_8copy.jpg

That's WRS Clean :D
CtedAzur_9copy.jpg

Lap 11. Not so much....:lol:
Cotedazur_11copy.jpg

Lap 12. CSL opens up a good lead in his newly Camoflaged Roadster.
CtedAzur_12copy.jpg

CtedAzur_1414copy-Copy.jpg

How to pass EDK cleanly? PT 2..
CtedAzur_15copy.jpg

That's how :D 100% clean!
CtedAzur_16copy.jpg

Lap 14. Lefty on fresh tires....can't you tell?
CtedAzur_17copy.jpg

Lap 20. That's about as close as Hydro ever got to Lefty in the late stages.
CtedAzur_19copy.jpg

Lap 24. WRP001 is only happy when he's hunting 👍
CtedAzur_20copy.jpg

GTP_CSL claims his second 3D3 Pole, Fastest lap, and Victory!
Race Time: 48'07.634 Fastest Lap: 1'52.721 (EU Fastest Lap: GTP_Vagabond - 1'53.259)
CtedAzur_21copy.jpg

Congratulations on another great Race Dominic :gtpflag:

EU Race Pics Here
Race Results and Videos Here

Last edited:
Mo here (GTP_Gooners_17).This looks like a lot of fun. I'm down for next week's race (NA slot).

Ill send WRP001 a request tomorrow when I'm at my PS3, but till then put me down for the Jag in the metallic black.

Nice to see another D3 driver in the field 👍
Add me as well. Both races at Daytona may be run in my Lobby, as well as some practice time.

Put me down for Porcelain and I wouldn't miss this one :)
Good! I want a re-match :lol:
This time hopefully I'll catch up a bit....

Put me down for Vapour Grey Metallic Tim :sly:

Crusin' Monaco NA Highlights

Great jobs on the pics again Marc. I posted the thumbnails to the main event post. Now I think we can close the book on Monaco. Our last event pre-Spec II.

Cool. Can you pick a color that's not already chosen for the NA race. CSL has Black Metallic. Spectrum Blue Metallic is available for the NA event.

Also send GTP_Hydro a FR on PSN because he is probably going to host the next event in his lounge. You should have both of us as we are testing out which works best network-wise and may use one lounge for practice and one for quali/race.

Last edited:
Can you put Ebony for me, in the NA race? I have it in the main event post, but it's not in your list that I copy/paste from. Thanks for keeping that up to date, Tim. 👍

More nice pics, Marc! Last time without ff/rwd in replay! YES!

EDIT: Added Marc's color and the latest from Tim to the event post

EDIT2: Changed event post so Gooners' flag and color is correct. 👍
|
|
V

Last edited:
Cool. Can you pick a color that's not already chosen for the NA race. CSL has Black Metallic. Spectrum Blue Metallic is available for the NA event.

Yeah spectrum blue metallic's good 👍. And I'll add both you up tomorrow.

EDIT: The OP for the event has my name with the US flag, but I'm actually from the Great White North (Canada). Someone needs to be on Hydro's team lol.

Last edited:
After some initial test laps in a lounge, we've changed the event post to specify 25 laps, and Sports Soft tires. Starts off a bit grippier than the WRS event, but the tires wear fairly fast, so a good number of laps will be done with similar grip as the WRS event.

This is our current leaning, pending more testing.

Great, now I can start finding a good ABS/BB setup on Sports Soft tyres
👍

Sign me up for the NA event guys. I'll choose the Claret paint with the tan leather interior and matching luggage.:cheers:

Last edited:
Sign me up for the NA event guys. I'll choose the Claret paint with the tan leather interior and matching luggage.:cheers:

👍 If you want to include the luggage that'll be 25 pound of ballast. :sly:

Yeah spectrum blue metallic's good 👍. And I'll add both you up tomorrow.

EDIT: The OP for the event has my name with the US flag, but I'm actually from the Great White North (Canada). Someone needs to be on Hydro's team lol.

Fixed the flag. Now if T13R signs up we're doing 1 of two things (or both); changing the name of the NA event to Canadian Invasion or use the new weather feature in Spec II to turn on snow showers. :lol: Is it too early for snow in the Great White North?

Last edited:
👍 If you want to include the luggage that'll be 25 pound of ballast. :sly:

Fixed the flag. Now if T13R signs up we're doing 1 of two things (or both); changing the name of the NA event to Canadian Invasion or use the new weather feature in Spec II to turn on snow showers. :lol: Is it too early for snow in the Great White North?

Snow showers :lol:....
You can keep the name, Canadians don't really Invade much... not in our nature.
Maybe if we were racing at Indy. It clearly stole it's shape from a hockey rink. :P

Do you think the DLC will include a RedBull Zamboni?
That would be EPIC :D
Better than Samba buses IMO 👍

Yes NAT 1/DMZ can also work over wireless, but your wifi router must support the feature and not all of them do. Basically you would have to specify which device in the internal network to "expose"... which is basically bypassing all the protection the router provides via it's firewall... but those same protections can protect you from seeing information from Lefty's game and visa versa.

UPnP is supposed to work around this by allowing GT5 to tell the router to open only the ports it needs on the firewall while running online (basically a limited dynamic DMZ). That way your PS3 is normally behind the firewall and only partially/minimally exposed when running an online race. Problem is some routers don't play nice with the PS3 and GT5 netcode doesn't seem to be especially good at working with some routers. That's why upgrading your router firmware could actually help if the firmware upgrades that side of the UPnP netcode so it starts playing nice with GT5.

Note: You definitely do not want to enable DMZ unless it can be set to be specific to ONE device only. You specify that DMZ device by IP address so you have to figure out which IP your PS3 is assigned by the router -- hopefully you can set that IP to be static or a reserved address so it doesn't change on you.

Did the firmware upgrade last night. Wish I would have known about that/thought about it sooner. I think my router is about 4 years old, so the firmware was also that old. Now have some from a 2010 release, anyhow.

Still not sure about the whole DMZ thing, I think that's going to require a few PM's to my IT support. ;)

(I think I know something about computers until I start dealing with an IT guy.)

EDK
Did the firmware upgrade last night. Wish I would have known about that/thought about it sooner. I think my router is about 4 years old, so the firmware was also that old. Now have some from a 2010 release, anyhow.

Still not sure about the whole DMZ thing, I think that's going to require a few PM's to my IT support. ;)

(I think I know something about computers until I start dealing with an IT guy.)

Cool. If you have UPnP showing in PS3 and you did the firmware update on your router maybe it will work better with GT5's UPnP netcode now and you'll never have to use the DMZ "sledgehammer" approach. If Lefty also does the firmware upgrade it won't hurt either.

You really only had a problem with Lefty so I don't think you have too much of an issue. I really don't understand why it's just certain individual pairs. You'd think it manifest itself more often like it did for CSL's where they see nobody else but the host who is on NAT 1.

I may be an IT guy, but this stuff is black magic to some extent because there are so many variables in play. Sometimes I wonder how it ever works when you stop and think about all the packets that are flying around in real time and the circuitous route they travel over the internet. The EU event with who knows how many miles making up the net for that race went off without a single network glitch. I didn't even see one driver who had a stuttering car.

You really only had a problem with Lefty so I don't think you have too much of an issue. I really don't understand why it's just certain individual pairs. You'd think it manifest itself more often like it did for CSL's where they see nobody else but the host who is on NAT 1.

I may be an IT guy, but this stuff is black magic to some extent because there are so many variables in play. Sometimes I wonder how it ever works when you stop and think about all the packets that are flying around in real time and the circuitous route they travel over the internet. The EU event with who knows how many miles making up the net for that race went off without a single network glitch. I didn't even see one driver who had a stuttering car.

Yeah, I have better luck connecting to EU than I do to some in the US.

I have big problems connecting with Chuk's as well, so I'm hoping this upgrade corrects the issue.

Lefty and Chuk are the only ones I have the issue with, though. :odd:

If you guys don't mind I may join you for the EU race next Wednesday, providing I can tame this mighty Jaguar :scared: Would be great to race against fellow WRS members and see if you are all as fast in a race as you are hotlapping :sly:

If you guys don't mind I may join you for the EU race next Wednesday, providing I can tame this mighty Jaguar :scared: Would be great to race against fellow WRS members and see if you are all as fast in a race as you are hotlapping :sly:

Of course 👍 Pick a color for your car that's not already taken in the EU slot so everyone is identifiable on replay. See this post for color choices. I've assigned you Lunar Grey Metallic for now. You'll also have to send a FR to myself (GTP_WRP001) and Marc (GTP_Hydro). Speeds range all over the board and you'll probably find some of us challenging (not me) and some of us will only see your rear bumper in the distance most of the race (me).

Last edited:
I may have hit my wall on the WRS combo so I may be going online to see what the difference is.

I thought that the pic of me and CSL was 2 coo. That was the first person I ever competed against that existed in an alternate universe :) The reality flux in the space time comtinum distorted our paint jobs as we existed in two planes at the same time. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back