3D3 Racing: WRS-based races moved to new WRS sub-forum!

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 2,120 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this track will be a good test for bump and run given the fact that you may be stairing at the same rear bumper for many laps. Being creative at droping into someones line as they push out wide will be where the action is at, me thinkzzz :lol:

Sign me up for the EU race.

Car is very chrome pink, with gold rims. Shooting for worst styling prize. But it is a chicks car after all.

- Simon

We'd love to have you, Simon. 👍

NA Drivers Grid
  1. us.gif
    GTP_CSL ..........
    badge_division_1.png
    ... Dominic .....Ithaca Verde
  2. be.gif
    GTP_Speedy6543 ...
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Christophe ..Maziora Seyfert / Silver chrome rims
  3. us.gif
    GTP_mcfizzle .....
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Scott .......Silver Chrome / Silver Chrome Wheels
  4. ca.gif
    GTP_Hydro (Host) .
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Marc ........Kenya Orange / Sunburst Yellow rims
  5. us.gif
    GTP_WRP001 .......
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Tim .........Maziora Plreadesll / gold rims
  6. us.gif
    GTP_Gravitron ....
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Lucas .......Mod Blue / gold rims
  7. us.gif
    GTP_LeftyWright ..
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Lefty .......Some Red / yellow rims
  8. ca.gif
    GTP_gooners_17 ...
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Mohit .......Sassy Grass Green / Black rims
  9. us.gif
    GTP_MilleRSVR ....
    badge_division_4.png
    ... Blair .......Pearl Yellow / Black rims

EU Drivers Grid
  1. us.gif
    GTP_CSL ..........
    badge_division_1.png
    ... Dominic .....Ithaca Verde
  2. uk.gif
    GTP_Vagabond .....
    badge_division_1.png
    ... Chris .......Color TBD
  3. dk.gif
    GTP_cicua ........
    badge_division_1.png
    ... Simon .......Chrome Pink / Gold rims
  4. be.gif
    GTP_Speedy6543 ...
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Christophe ..Maziora Seyfert / Silver chrome rims
  5. uk.gif
    GTP_Biffy ........
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Jordan ......Color TBD
  6. uk.gif
    GTP_MadMax86 .....
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Pekka .......Gunmetal Metallic / white-red rims
  7. ca.gif
    GTP_Hydro (Host) .
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Marc ........Kenya Orange / Sunburst Yellow rims
  8. us.gif
    GTP_WRP001 .......
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Tim .........Maziora Plreadesll / gold rims
  9. ca.gif
    GTP_gooners_17 ...
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Mohit .......Sassy Grass Green / Black rims
  10. nl.gif
    GTP_Sjaak ........
    badge_division_3.png
    ... .............Epoch White / Lime Green Metallic rims
  11. uk.gif
    GTP_MaxAttack ....
    badge_division_3.png
    ... .............Color TBD
  12. nl.gif
    GTP_Don ..........
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Don .........Red

, but we can always look into moving the slot if it works for both the drivers, and hosts 👍

I would like to try and get involved in this series but the time slot has always been about 1hr to early for me, it looks like a load of fun and good clean racing if the time ever changes I will most probably try and make most wednesdays.

How late can you register for 3D3 race, could you register at the very last minute if there is room left, going to try and make it tomorrow just depends on work and it will be last minute till I know.

I would like to try and get involved in this series but the time slot has always been about 1hr to early for me, it looks like a load of fun and good clean racing if the time ever changes I will most probably try and make most wednesdays.

How late can you register for 3D3 race, could you register at the very last minute if there is room left, going to try and make it tomorrow just depends on work and it will be last minute till I know.

👍 You can register/join at the very *last* minute if the grid isn't full. Just make sure Hydro and I are on your PSN friends list ahead of time so you can jump in the lounge last minute. Check the thread and grid to make sure it's not full and just pop in the lounge if there is an open slot.

Remember also that the race doesn't start at the top of the hour. We usually do qualification first, so if you can get in the lounge by 15 past the hour you'll make the race. Of course you risk starting at the back of the grid if you miss quali completely, but you still get to race.

I know overtaking is a bit (very) difficult this week,
but seriously Marc :lol: :P
Watch what he does at 0'12 ;)

The practice was fun and gave a good view of how close the race is going to be tomorrow. 👍 for holding the practice session.

Last edited:
Even after watching it 10 times, I still can't tell if it's a late turn-in by Marc, or an early turn-in by Speedy, which caused this. Tim did the same draft-and-pass-inside move to me on the final turn, during our Friday night practice, and I made sure I gave him room on the inside. Of course he beat me to the line in that case.

Even after watching it 10 times, I still can't tell if it's a late turn-in by Marc, or an early turn-in by Speedy, which caused this. Tim did the same draft-and-pass-inside move to me on the final turn, during our Friday night practice, and I made sure I gave him room on the inside. Of course he beat me to the line in that case.

Lucas, I think Speedy was just joking around in good fun. All I know from practice today is even if passing is hard I can manage to go from first to last in just a few laps. :dunce:

Inverse overtaking - handy technique. :P

My car colour will be Deep Cranberry Pearl by the way chaps. See you on track tomorrow - should be a riot. :cheers:

Guys, the easiest spot to pass here is turn 1. Simply don't brake until you make contact with the car in front, and use them as your "brake marker". :P

Lucas, I think Speedy was just joking around in good fun.

:lol: yes, I was. Of course I was, it still is a game. :lol:

Guys, the easiest spot to pass here is turn 1. Simply don't brake until you make contact with the car in front, and use them as your "brake marker". :P

I'll try that in the race tomorrow, especially when I see some guy named GTP_CSL in front of me ;) :P That is IF I will see him...

It's easy to understand why it's hard to tell if I was at fault.
I'm a respectful, clean, consistent Driver, while Speedy is a complete menace, dirty as 🤬, and if he's not ramming someone off track, he's probably off track himself - spinning somewhere (again).

Now them's is Fightin' Words if I've ever seen 'em :D :gtpflag:

Goin on line ta do a little practicing for tomorrow, I'll be in "WRPs" lobby if he's not in it because he's our friend :)

I have been thinkin about that unique login for the series as a hangout for practicing/racing but since we don't have one I'll pick "W"s

------------------ burning time ............ la la la.....................
Just watched Speedyz vid and what a great play by play, I just loved it 👍 and the wedge move is a total crack :lol: It's goin ta suk if I have ta protect my inside in the last turn when a dive-bomber gets all spunky :lol: but I come from the Benny Parsons school of corner defence. He says "never let um get under ya, forceum around the outside" so you guys will know where to find me, "Bottom Feeding" and my car will feel 20' wide :lol:

Wonder if anyone tried my setup? I'm havin the funest time finding out how this setup can be exploited and havin the funnest time tairing up my old lap time :lol: I just roostied an 11.3, it's the first time I have matched my offline time :)

---------------------------- Lookin for someone to practice with ------------------
doesn't anyone have a wild hair and feel like jumpin on line w/ ol Lefty.......... he he he

------------------------ board w/ Tskuba changing to Spa :) -----------------
Still online in "W"z room hangin at Spa shakin down my GT-R

Last edited:
:lol: yes, I was. Of course I was, it still is a game. :lol:

I'll try that in the race tomorrow, especially when I see some guy named GTP_CSL in front of me ;) :P That is IF I will see him...
Poor sap...course if he reads this he might brake check you and get you to punt him straight to where he wants to be, leaving you stopped early. ;) :lol:

Sorry Lefty, I'll be online shortly, but no real driving for me today, my left knee's still being a bum, I'm just gonna fool around with non-driving stuff tonight.:grumpy:

LeftyWright69
Goin on line ta do a little practicing for tomorrow, I'll be in "WRPs" lobby if he's not in it because he's our friend :)

I have been thinkin about that unique login for the series as a hangout for practicing/racing but since we don't have one I'll pick "W"s

------------------ burning time ............ la la la.....................
Just watched Speedyz vid and what a great play by play, I just loved it 👍 and the wedge move is a total crack :lol: It's goin ta suk if I have ta protect my inside in the last turn when a dive-bomber gets all spunky :lol: but I come from the Benny Parsons school of corner defence. He says "never let um get under ya, forceum around the outside" so you guys will know where to find me, "Bottom Feeding" and my car will feel 20' wide :lol:

Wonder if anyone tried my setup? I'm havin the funest time finding out how this setup can be exploited and havin the funnest time tairing up my old lap time :lol: I just roostied an 11.3, it's the first time I have matched my offline time :)

---------------------------- Lookin for someone to practice with ------------------
doesn't anyone have a wild hair and feel like jumpin on line w/ ol Lefty.......... he he he

------------------------ board w/ Tskuba changing to Spa :) -----------------
Still online in "W"z room hangin at Spa shakin down my GT-R

Sorry Lefty... Normally I'd be there but my fathers last night visiting from out of town so offline until races tomorrow. Hopefully someone pops in to keep you company!

Oh well maybe next time :)

Ended up w/ an 11.2 and beat my offline time, I'm goin ta have the best time in the race. Good luk to you all and protect your inside :lol:

Lefty out.............. zzzzzzz.....

Last edited:
Can't make it today guys, DS3 is messed up. Plus I'm taking a break from the PS3 to catch up on some other work.

Have fun guys 👍

👍 You can register/join at the very *last* minute if the grid isn't full. Just make sure Hydro and I are on your PSN friends list ahead of time so you can jump in the lounge last minute. Check the thread and grid to make sure it's not full and just pop in the lounge if there is an open slot.

Remember also that the race doesn't start at the top of the hour. We usually do qualification first, so if you can get in the lounge by 15 past the hour you'll make the race. Of course you risk starting at the back of the grid if you miss quali completely, but you still get to race.

Thanks for response I will see if I can get back in time cheers

***Important Tsukuba 500 Update***

Unfortunately I'm unable to race in the EU Race event timeslot, and I may miss the NA race as well.

As a result, Tim (GTP_WRP001) will most likely host both events in his lobby.
Please check the thread for updates before the start of the Race(s).

I can add you to the Driver Registration list in the Tsukuba 500 event post, but make sure to send friend requests to GTP_WRP001 and GTP_Hydro ASAP, so that you'll be able to see their private lobbies in-game. Haven't heard back from Tim yet, but we're expecting him to open the EU lobby shortly.

I can add you to the Driver Registration list in the Tsukuba 500 event post, but make sure to send friend requests to GTP_WRP001 and GTP_Hydro ASAP, so that you'll be able to see their private lobbies in-game. Haven't heard back from Tim yet, but we're expecting him to open the EU lobby shortly.

Yeah I'm waiting for GTP_WRP001 friend acceptance. I'll add Hydro now just in case.

Yeah I'm waiting for GTP_WRP001 friend acceptance. I'll add Hydro now just in case.

I'll add you before the event... got some work stuff to complete and will open room before event and add you. Late notice and wasn't expecting to host.

That's a shame Marc... everything ok mate?

Tim - does successfully hosting a race depend on connection speed?

Oh and what sort of lap-times are folks getting with the online physics?

Questions questions... :P

OK... I just processed all outstanding PSN friend requests. I am setting up the room for pre-race practice. Should be up and running in about 5 minutes.

EDIT: My lounge is open. Will reset it at the top of the hour to begin 15 minute qualifying before we start the first sprint race.

Tim - does successfully hosting a race depend on connection speed?

I've hosted the events before and have a solid NAT 1 connection, we just used Hydro's lounge by habit so shouldn't be any problem. The same people have the same issues (invisibility, DC) regardless which lounge is used.

Last edited:
I was going to offer to host if it was inconvenient for you is all mate. :) See you in your lounge shortly then. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back