3D3 Racing: WRS-based races moved to new WRS sub-forum!

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 2,120 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratz to GTP_cicua for the win. Five drivers had a shot at the overall win going into the final sprint. 👍

3D3_20111102_Event8_Results_EU-1.png

Dom -- traded you to The Netherlands for now... as soon as the cache refreshes they are deporting you back to US.

Last edited:
The 4 x 12 laps was the greatest idea ever for this kind of track/car combo! 👍

That was fun, even with the lack of prep. Tried to practice awareness - hope I'm getting there.

Anyhoo, I didn't get to post colours in advance, but here was my ride:

Bern-Marktgasse-1.jpg

(GT Old-Generation 10 with GT-Chrome 2 rims).

I think if I was going to show off my GT5 car considering that you can't really customize it (without using Photoshop :lol:) I would have launched it off a clif and then taken the shot w/ the sky as a back drop ....... :lol:

6_travis_jump.jpg

Last edited:
It was a little rough, especially mid-pack. no hard feelings but it seems a couple guys need to work on situation awareness for running that close together. I couldn't tell you who, didn't have time to read names, just using the buttons to look left/right, etc. Basically realizing there's a car beside you and not coming down or going up the track, etc.

Nothing major, just messy around groups of cars today. Of course the cars handling certainly didn't help, I started with Lefty's nazi setup, which tried to execute me several times, eventually wound down to this.
35 / -25
10 / 2
6 / 1
6 / 1
5 / 1

1.0 / 1.0
-0.10 / +0.20

Managed a great streak of mid 1:11's on the final race, I heard something about e-brake slides helping, but that's just not my thing, so I put on my best defensive driving face and almost held on for the win in the finale.
Fantastic runs by cicua, winning 3 of 4, and persisting till finally capitalizing on my mistake in the second to last turn, well done. 👍
Also MadMax, almost had me several times himself, good racing guys, glad Chris couldn't quite catch us before the end. :cheers:

Thanks for the racing guys 👍

great fun,to bad Marc could not make it.

I had some fierce battles with speedy and madmax,lap after lap.

Very intense racing,also due the format.
4 x 12 laps ,four starts,very good choice of the 3D3 guys.:)

It was a little rough, especially mid-pack. no hard feelings but it seems a couple guys need to work on situation awareness for running that close together. I couldn't tell you who, didn't have time to read names, just using the buttons to look left/right, etc. Basically realizing there's a car beside you and not coming down or going up the track, etc.

Nothing major, just messy around groups of cars today. Of course the cars handling certainly didn't help...

This car on this track is a recipe for *constant* bumps and bruises. Hopefully everyone knew that going into the event, adjusted their expectations and as a result there should be no hard feelings. It's just for fun, especially this week.

Hopefully any 3D3 first timers realize this was a unique scenario and the format was completely different from our normal events. I know GTP_Owen left after the first sprint race, but hopefully he didn't leave over bumps or punts. I have no idea as I was planted firmly in the far back of the lineup for the duration and haven't viewed the replay yet.

The Spa event next week will go more like the Fuji event. Clean racing with some side by side at times, and of course always the chance of contact due to driver error, but not a 2x freight train like this event where contact is pretty tough to avoid.

Thanks for the suspension setup Dominic. 👍 They really seemed to help settle the car down from over-rotating through the corners. This with Kevin's transmission seems to be the way to go for me. I turned one 1'10.999 lap in my lounge and was consitantly under 1'11.5. See you guys tonight.

This car on this track is a recipe for *constant* bumps and bruises. Hopefully everyone knew that going into the event, adjusted their expectations and as a result there should be no hard feelings. It's just for fun, especially this week.

Hopefully any 3D3 first timers realize this was a unique scenario and the format was completely different from our normal events. I know GTP_Owen left after the first sprint race, but hopefully he didn't leave over bumps or punts. I have no idea as I was planted firmly in the far back of the lineup for the duration and haven't viewed the replay yet.

The Spa event next week will go more like the Fuji event. Clean racing with some side by side at times, and of course always the chance of contact due to driver error, but not a 2x freight train like this event where contact is pretty tough to avoid.
You forgot the car's handling, that didn't help one bit. :lol:
Of course it was fun, just saying it seemed like quite a few times people assumed I disappeared mid turn while I was on the outside, but I didn't. ;)
All in good fun though. :cheers:

...I turned one 1'10.999 lap in my lounge and was consitantly under 1'11.5. See you guys tonight.

You won't see me for long if you are running 1'10.XXX. OK, with the reverse grid you'll see me exactly 3 times tonight. I'm miserable on this combo... but next week I'm not going to be so cooperative. :sly:

Tim, wipe your lip. I can see you're already drooling for next week's Spa race... :lol:

Leaving work early in a little while to get setup for tonight. This EU discussion has given me renewed excitement for the NA event. 👍 Great idea, Tim!

You won't see me for long if you are running 1'10.XXX. OK, with the reverse grid you'll see me exactly 3 times tonight. I'm miserable on this combo... but next week I'm not going to be so cooperative. :sly:

Notice it was .999:sly: and that's really what it was. That's not exactly a solid 1'10. We will see how well I do with the pressure of a pack of cars around me.

I started with Lefty's nazi setup, which tried to execute me several times

Image%2B%253D%2BVedy%2Binteresting.jpg

:lol: sorry that you couldn't get a hold of my setup :( I just have the best time w/ it as it defies
description. :)

Now off to NAT 1 my PS3 ... crossing my fingers that I get it right and the restoration back to NAT 2 goes just a well.

Hopefully any 3D3 first timers realize this was a unique scenario and the format was completely different from our normal events. I know GTP_Owen left after the first sprint race, but hopefully he didn't leave over bumps or punts.

No of course not, I just had to leave unexpectedly unfortunately. It was actually incredibly close racing and probably the closest I've had in GT5 without touching, I had some good midfield battles early on but couldn't quite keep up. I think it was speedy who went off the track so I got up to fifth after that but he caught me up and made a clean maneuver to get his place back with a couple of laps left. I'm going to watch the replay afterwards and take a closer look at the midfield battle, it looked great from my position.

Qualified 6th and finished 6th in the first race so I can't complain, I just wished I could've stayed for longer :(

I don't have the DLC for the WRS, but can I still enter the online race next week?

No of course not, I just had to leave unexpectedly unfortunately. It was actually incredibly close racing and probably the closest I've had in GT5 without touching, I had some good midfield battles early on but couldn't quite keep up. I think it was speedy who went off the track so I got up to fifth after that but he caught me up and made a clean maneuver to get his place back with a couple of laps left. I'm going to watch the replay afterwards and take a closer look at the midfield battle, it looked great from my position.

Qualified 6th and finished 6th in the first race so I can't complain, I just wished I could've stayed for longer :(

I don't have the DLC for the WRS, but can I still enter the online race next week?

Good! 👍 Was hoping that was the case. Was so busy trying to update google doc after race I didn't even realize we lost you until I recorded the results of sprint #2.

You can *absolutely* take part next week. You have the car right? Assuming you have the car (I think it was included with Spec II and not the DLC) then you can race on Spa in our Lounge. We'll be holding lots of practice times in our lounges so you can get some time on track too. And I'm sure other drivers, given their love of Spa, will be holding practice in their own lounges.

To All: Please post here in the thread anytime you want to host practice for Spa in your lounge so others without the DLC can get some track time. I can set up my lounge to default to Spa so you can jump on my lounge when I'm not there and run it also. Basically, between tonight post race and next Wednesday if I'm in the lounge I'll be running Spa anyway 👍

Last edited:
Good! 👍 Was hoping that was the case. Was so busy trying to update google doc after race I didn't even realize we lost you until I recorded the results of sprint #2.

You can *absolutely* take part next week. You have the car right? Assuming you have the car (I think it was included with Spec II and not the DLC) then you can race on Spa in our Lounge. We'll be holding lots of practice times in our lounges so you can get some time on track too. And I'm sure other guys, given their love of Spa will be holding practice.

To All: Please post here anytime you want to host practice for Spa in your lounge so others without the DLC can get some track time.

Yeah it was in Spec II so I can buy it later, luckily there's no shortage of online Spa rooms right now and even if the host leaves I can inherent the room to do what I like with (provided they have the option for allowing others to be a host ticked). But yeah I'll keep an eye out in this thread for practice rooms.

Nothing major, just messy around groups of cars today. Of course the cars handling certainly didn't help.

Managed a great streak of mid 1:11's on the final race, I heard something about e-brake slides helping, but that's just not my thing, so I put on my best defensive driving face and almost held on for the win in the finale.
Fantastic runs by cicua, winning 3 of 4, and persisting till finally capitalizing on my mistake in the second to last turn, well done. 👍
Also MadMax, almost had me several times himself, good racing guys, glad Chris couldn't quite catch us before the end. :cheers:

There were a few moments when people would lose track of others and push them off track.
I for one was chasing Sjaak (in the last sprint IIRC) in sector 1 and before 2nd corner I was overtaking him from right and once turning in for apex I bumped into another car on my left.
I could see this car when coming out of 1st corner , then the whole way to 2nd corner I lost the track of that car.
Sjaak's car was blocking my visibility for it. :D

I was in a fun situation with you Dominic , trying to overtake you while defending my position against Simon. :nervous:

Thanks for the racing guys 👍

great fun,to bad Marc could not make it.

I had some fierce battles with speedy and madmax,lap after lap.

Very intense racing,also due the format.
4 x 12 laps ,four starts,very good choice of the 3D3 guys.:)

I had good battles with you and Speedy , sorry if I was too aggressive time to time.

MadMax

That was a fantastic night's racing - many thanks guys. 👍 Lots of hard racing and plenty of paint swapping in the corners. Happy with my 2nd place - Simon is on great form at the moment, although I made him work for it in race #3 :sly: Unlucky Pekka - pipped you by 1 point. :cheers:

...glad Chris couldn't quite catch us before the end. :cheers:

Haha :P, yeah... I nearly caught your 3 way battle but it wasn't to be. Made a mistake on the 1st lap in turn 2 and it cost me a chance at joining the fight at the front. Had a good little battle with Sjaak (good race craft mate 👍) before I managed to get past him and start chasing you 3 down. Turn 2 was my nemesis tonight - spun out there in races 1, 2 and 4 :crazy:

To All: Please post here in the thread anytime you want to host practice for Spa in your lounge so others without the DLC can get some track time. I can set up my lounge to default to Spa so you can jump on my lounge when I'm not there and run it also.

I'll do the same Tim. Feel free to add me to your friends list (anyone who isn't on it already obviously...) :) Thanks again for a fun evening too mate. :cheers:

Is the NA race on in a couple of hours then? Might try and swing it so I can join if you have room guys...?

Last edited:
I had good battles with you (Sjaak) and Speedy , sorry if I was too aggressive time to time.

I had great fun battling you guys too and I too apologize for being a bit too overconfident here and there.

Is the NA race on in a couple of hours then? Might try and swing it so I can join if you have room guys...?

Yep, NA races are in ~1 hr and I think there are still open spots. 👍

It was great fun, many good battles. A bit too bumpy at times yes, but there is no single one to call out, I just think it is easy to forget that when going in close groups you really need to drive more defensively, and yes, keep an eye open in all directions.

Chris you really kept the pressure on in third race, filling my rear mirror for something like 10 laps straight. I started doing mistakes but fortunately not too big. You said we did 1.10.1xx laps there, it was gruelling. And fun.

Pekka I could not have got you in the last race if you had not been held up by battling Dominic. But when I finally caught up and got past you I was in the same situation. Dominic you were really hard to overtake, and with Pekka coming up there was little place for mistakes. I tried to overtake left and right in every corner but could not get my foot in the door. It was very satisfying when I finally got the outer line in second-last corner of last lap, and gained that bit more exit speed. Good fight!

I am of course happy about the results, but more importantly about having had a bunch of good races.

:cheers: all who participated, and :cheers: Tim, Marc and Lucas, thank you for organizing!

Last edited:
Tried what I could hooking up directly to the PS3 and no NAT 1, tried to interpert what the router was set like and it just looked to forigne for me so I put a call into my ISP who never calls right back so probibly there will be ghost or not I don't know...... Gerrrr

The UPnP is where my head set issues are I think. It says it's available in the PS3 and the router says it is enabled but no clarification beyond that. Still my head set says that it is connected but no in/out put. I hate this :banghead:

Currently my upstream is twice as fast as any other way of setting it up and I don't know how that can be but I'll take anything at this point.

Last edited:
Yah, nice pic. You caught the one moment in the whole series of sprints that I was actually in the lead. :lol:

Nice shot Christophe 👍 Nice driving there too, Tim. :sly:

So... is it ok if I jump in for the NA race too?

So, what are we gonna call this thing now? 2D21D3? :sly:

Nice job on the promotions, Tim and Marc. 👍

Interesting little fact, at the end of the first race Sjaak had the least tyre wear and I think I had the worst. There wasn't a lot of wear on these little cars of course but I always find that to be a big part in some other races.

nice, that looked like it was tons of fun. looking forward to use my referral next week for the kazspa. thanks for the invite tim and marc. may i ask what the regulations will be for the car next week? Like all upgrades allowed? Tuning? etc. will be nice to race with a group of clean respective racers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back