3D3 Racing: WRS-based races moved to new WRS sub-forum!

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 2,120 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sign me up for the EU event! I probably won't manage a huge amount of time on the combo (sent the car to be broken in last night, just losing Sunday this time), but I really have to run it to learn the track - and race it online!

But.... is it still starting at 7:15 GMT? (I can't do it an hour later, which there was talk of, but it may be waay better for the actual Europeans)

GTP_ealirendur - Ren - EU Race

Here in the US we move our clocks back this weekend which means the time moves forward in GMT time. The event stays at 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific, but that will mean 8:00 GMT starting next week. Qualifying starts at the top of the hour and the race starts at 15 past. Unfortunately I'm assuming that means you can't make it. :( Of course you are welcome to join us for practice at 7:00 PM GMT, but it's not the same we know.

Note: The event post is wrong as far as the GMT listings and doesn't take into account the time change. It was just copy/pasted from last week. Lucas will update it when he gets online tonight. Here are the corrected times:

November 9 moving forward:

North American Race
  • Practice: 6:00 PM Pacific / 9:00 PM Eastern / (GMT = Nov 10 @ 2:00 AM)
  • Qualification: 7:00 PM Pacific / 10:00 PM Eastern / (GMT = Nov 10 @ 3:00 AM)
  • Race Start: 7:15 PM Pacific / 10:15 PM Eastern / (GMT = Nov 10 @ 3:15 AM)
  • Race End: After TBD laps. ~60 minutes.
European Race
  • Practice: 11:00 AM Pacific / 2:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM GMT
  • Qualification: 12:00 PM Pacific / 3:00 PM Eastern / 8:00 PM GMT
  • Race Start: 12:15 PM Pacific / 3:15 PM Eastern / 8:15 PM GMT
  • Race End: After TBD laps. ~60 minutes.

We are going to set the # of laps after the practice/test session tonight.

Last edited:
D'ohp. Ah, well, I'll probably still blow in and clutter up the place for practice or something. And consider it as more motivation to work out an Oceania slot...

Lounge is open. I'll be away from PS3 until the top of the hour, but it's all set up. Super GT and 3D3 racers welcome.

Stuck away from ps3 but lounge is still open. I won't be on until 8.

Last edited:
I should have paid closer attention to tire wear, the only "stat" I can remember is that after 5 laps, my R1 tires were half-gone.

Great running practice laps with you Tim. 👍 Went and worked on WRS afterward and dropped 0.3 off. :cheers:

Nice to meet Dragon too. 👍

Gravitron
I should have paid closer attention to tire wear, the only "stat" I can remember is that after 5 laps, my R1 tires were half-gone.

all that sliding killed my tires too. By lap 8 it was ice and I was losing 4-5 secs per lap and risk of spinning was high. Thinking it might pay to slide less in early laps even if it costs some tenths. Or go with low tire wear setup over pure speed.

All I know is this car is a lot harder to drive then the gt500 cars.

Spa is a track that has great flow and rolling the turns w/ the biggest possible arc has to be the easiest on the tires so smooth will have to be the main focus while running at the edge. I'm thinking that if your into tire conservation you will have to let the rabbits go with the faith that they will come back to you in worse shape, then you can make your move.

I'd really like to join the EU race, but we've got a deadline at work on wednesday so i'm not sure if I can make it. I'll do my best to be there, but I may need to work overtime, being late for the race :grumpy: So I don't know if you want to sign me up or not....

EDK
Sign me up for this week, please. :)

👍 Kevin we missed you last week.

JoostBaksteen
I'd really like to join the EU race, but we've got a deadline at work on wednesday so i'm not sure if I can make it. I'll do my best to be there, but I may need to work overtime, being late for the race :grumpy: So I don't know if you want to sign me up or not....

We will definitely sign you up. Let us know if the situation changes. Only issue will be if we have exactly 17 drivers and we have to decide to run two grids based on your attendance, but we are not close to that for the eu at this point.

I invited Timppaq personally in the WRS pitbox thread... would be cool to see what kind of time he could run. :eek:

Last edited:

all that sliding killed my tires too. By lap 8 it was ice and I was losing 4-5 secs per lap and risk of spinning was high. Thinking it might pay to slide less in early laps even if it costs some tenths. Or go with low tire wear setup over pure speed.

Yes, tire wear is brutal in this car.
The longest I went in practice was 9 laps (10 including the out lap).
AT that point I was lapping ~4 seconds slower. I can't imagine how much slower the laps would have been on lap 11, 12 etc.

Only 1 way to find out really - more driving :D 👍

We've decided to set the lap count at 25, which will make the race last around an hour. This will also make it interesting for 1 stop vs 2 stops, now that we have an idea of tire wear. 👍

We've decided to set the lap count at 25, which will make the race last around an hour. This will also make it interesting for 1 stop vs 2 stops, now that we have an idea of tire wear. 👍
Sounds like a 2 stopper to me. To much power to risk the bald tires of a 1 stopper imo.

I want ta play :)
Please reserve me a "Spa-t"

Uncomfortable retraction from famious line in the movie "Norbit"

Sorry if I made anyone uncomfortable

Last edited:
Sounds like a 2 stopper to me. To much power to risk the bald tires of a 1 stopper imo.

I agree it's going to take some magic to make a 1 stopper work, but even if everyone does 2 stops there is still strategy/variation in picking exactly when to pit.

↓↓↓↓ Added you to EU Dom.

Note: If for any of the events we get more than 16 drivers (that confirm the day of the race) we will split the grid into two rooms. Anyone who wants to race will get a chance (at least until we get to 32). I'll host one room and Marc will host the other. We'll split the grid into "A=faster" and "B=fast" based on the submitted WRS time (or direct 3D3 time/replay submission) and Marc and I can decide between us which room we each host. Most likely we'll base that decision also on submitted time with the faster of us taking room A. We'll cross that bridge when and if we come to it, but just wanted people to know that we're not facing a hard cap of 16 drivers.

Last edited:
You can sign me up as a filler for EU until/unless EU race fills up.👍
Translation:
Sign me up for EU, and if it gets full and someone from EU wants/needs the spot I'll skip it then.

Back from Road Trip, I'm in for NA race. I will connect directly to modem. I haven't had problems but might help others.

Lounge is open for practice. Pekka is in there practicing now. I'll leave it open for the next couple while I'm gone for those that want to run, but don't have DLC yet. Be back later today... have fun.

Thanks for keeping the lounge open Tim.
And thanks for the car too. :cheers:

Pekka

Sign me up please :)

Probably won't run the WRS this week as I can't get close to most of the D2 times, seems like the GT-R is unforgiving on DS3 users, although I like racing with you guys and my race pace is usually faster than my hotlaps ;)

Sign me up for the NA race please.
Sign me up please :)
👍 Biffy -- with the time change the race returns to 8:00 PM GMT this week. The count down timer below and in the event and OP posts should help.
Thanks for keeping the lounge open Tim. And thanks for the car too. :cheers:

👍 No problem Pekka. I signed you up for the EU grid, but you are welcome to join both of course, just let me know. If you manage to create a nice online setup you can share with me... this thing is slippery offline and even worse online.

@Yanaran -- you going to join us this week?

PS> I'll be in my lounge on and off today/tonight practicing for a GT500 race at spa tomorrow... You guys are welcome to come and practice for KazSpa as well.

Last edited:
👍 Biffy -- with the time change the race returns to 8:00 PM GMT this week. The count down timer below and in the event and OP posts should help.

Thank you 👍 Last week was my fault anyway, Wednesday is my longest day at college so I'm often pretty tired, too lazy and quite forgetful, a result of which was my rather late appearance :dunce: Shouldn't happen again anyway. Surely I had the best car in show though, with my mini Ferrari? :sly:

Pics are Back :)

Tsukuba 500 NA race:
Somewhat random pics covering all 4 mini races 👍

TsukubaCircuit.jpg

Vagabond using the old SuperMario Karts Banana trick ;)
TsukubaCircuit_1.jpg

About $400,000 Exactly 1,890,000 (!) worth of Fiats in this pic. I'd trade them all for a Ferrari hubcap.
TsukubaCircuit_21.jpg

WRP001 - Obviously a SuperMario Karts fan as well.
TsukubaCircuit_2.jpg

Almost everyone had some very tight racing, for most of the laps, in most of the races 👍
TsukubaCircuit_3.jpg

Squeezin' the Terminator Fiat.
TsukubaCircuit_4.jpg

Hey! This is the NA race - with EU Ringers :D
TsukubaCircuit_61.jpg

The Terminator is baaak!
TsukubaCircuit_62.jpg

Carbon Fibre Hoods + Carbon Fibre Spoilers + Fiat 500 = a Crappy Little Fiat :sly:
TsukubaCircuit_7.jpg

Lefty and McFizzle going for style points 💡
TsukubaCircuit_9.jpg

GTP_Vagabond with 3 race wins, and overall Victory!
zTsukubaCircuit_10.jpg

Congratulations Chris!

See you all in a week 👍
zTsukubaCircuit_11.jpg

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
I love the pictures, nice job Marc.👍 I laughed so hard when I saw the picture where I locked up the brakes going into turn 2and then even more when I saw how you tried to copy me at the same spot a few laps later. Very cool to look back and see the tight racing we had.

Sorry Fellas, someone else has to be tail end charlie, Wifes sister passed, will be going to Missouri. Withdraw from the NA race.

Sorry to hear Dale. Sending condolences to your family.

Sorry to hear that Dale.
My condolences, and thoughts go out to you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back