3D3 Racing: WRS-based races moved to new WRS sub-forum!

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 2,120 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cape Fear NA Race Results:

NAResults.png

Marc,

CSL should get credit for his fast lap of 2:20.766 on lap 13!!!!

Please put me in the 2010 Almendinger Ford for the next Race. It's the car I used for WRS, and I would rather not break another one in. ;)

EDIT : Based on his car/driver selection, I'm wondering if Speedy planning to run us off the track and cuss over the mic?

Toyota Camry #11 Denny Hamlin NASCAR '11 FedEx, please.

Has this setup been tested with the online physics? I thought at least the ride height usually had to be changed.

Has this setup been tested with the online physics? I thought at least the ride height usually had to be changed.

I made that tune before we were aware of the ride height bug (actually, it became a big point of discussion coming out of that week).

The tune needs to be tested a little bit more for sure, and it's possible we may make some tweaks to it.

That said, my tunes normally errr on the side of drivable, as opposed to trying to wring every last tenth out of the car. Give it a try and let us know what you think. 👍

I would like to sign up for this race. Is Tony Stewart NASCAR '11 Office Depot impala being used yet?
PS. I followed the list Lucas gave me and switched my router to a DMZ connection for the ps3, then did the test.

Download speed 11.2 Mbps
Upload speed 2.5 Mbps

We're a *little* behind this week, and will be verifying and fine-tuning the tune over the next few days. What Kev said. :)

No Karts next week, Wes, sorry, I think the engine pitch at max speed is what talked me out of it.

EDIT: Joe, I think it's available, I'll mark you down for the NA race. And those speeds look great, we should try to practice with you in a lobby, maybe even before next Monday. 👍

We're a *little* behind this week, and will be verifying and fine-tuning the tune over the next few days. What Kev said. :)

No Karts next week, Wes, sorry, I think the engine pitch at max speed is what talked me out of it.

Boourns.:sly: That is understandable as the whine was really annoying with headphones on.👍 The NASCAR race should be a fun replacement although I've never been good in them or on that track.

No problem, I don't even know how karts handle anymore. I've only raced a kart once in that special event and that's it. But now you mention the engine hits the limiter at that track then I totally agree with your decision. I liked that WRS week anyway.:)

The engine doesn't hit the limiter in the WRS event, but it probably would with drafting.

EDK
EDIT : Based on his car/driver selection, I'm wondering if Speedy planning to run us off the track and cuss over the mic?

Ha, lol.
I don't follow NASCAR at all but I think I get it and before Marc hits in on this, I'll just say it myself.
That's what I'm good at. :lol::lol::lol:

I'd need a list of what's been taken to pick an exact one, but if either Tony Stewart car is available, I'll take that, preferably the '11.
Otherwise any random Chevy will work.👍

BTW in regards to tuning, if we're running a mandatory tune, you guys mind if I make a user-friendly tune for it? I know for starters max ride height is the way to go now, abso-posi-tively.

Great, thanks Lucas. I was hoping for good news with those numbers, i will keep a close eye on this thread, to see if i can get in on some early practice.

my car choice for the N/A race.

Camry #83 Brian Vickers NASCAR '11 Red Bull

Al

I am wondering where you get the pit info from? I only pitted once in the last 2 races but the results show 2 for both races.

Al

Actually, I didn't expect to do the results for NA, and I haven't seen the replay yet, so I guessed in a couple of spots where I couldn't remember from the race :sly:

I'd need a list of what's been taken to pick an exact one, but if either Tony Stewart car is available, I'll take that, preferably the '11.
Otherwise any random Chevy will work.👍

BTW in regards to tuning, if we're running a mandatory tune, you guys mind if I make a user-friendly tune for it? I know for starters max ride height is the way to go now, abso-posi-tively.

If you're in both races again, you could have the '11 for the EU, but the '11 is taken by Joe for the NA race already. I'll assume both races with the '10 unless you let me know different.

We'd welcome any tunes you provide, Kev's was a starting place from the offline WRS event, and all we had time to publish at the moment. 👍

I am wondering where you get the pit info from? I only pitted once in the last 2 races but the results show 2 for both races.

Marc went on memory alone, otherwise it's a time consuming process of going over the replay. Your correction here should be enough to get him to fix it. :)

kk20
I'd like to use the Brian Vickers '10
Thanks....
Sorry, both Vickers Red Bulls are taken already for the EU race...

Last edited:
I that for NASCARs or any car?

If you're in both races again, you could have the '11 for the EU, but the '11 is taken by Joe for the NA race already. I'll assume both races with the '10 unless you let me know different.

We'd welcome any tunes you provide, Kev's was a starting place from the offline WRS event, and all we had time to publish at the moment. 👍

Marc went on memory alone, otherwise it's a time consuming process of going over the replay. Your correction here should be enough to get him to fix it. :)

Sorry, both Vickers Red Bulls are taken already for the EU race...

In that case I'll take the Kyle Busch '10

In that case I'll take the Kyle Busch '10

KK.... advanced warning... this NASCAR event may be the last (or next to last) race you can use a referral to get in the 3D3 races. The registry is open now, so maybe after our Super GT challenge race you can work on your WRS qualifier? I'm really curious to see what division you and dragon will qualify in.

KK.... advanced warning... this NASCAR event may be the last (or next to last) race you can use a referral to get in the 3D3 races. The registry is open now, so maybe after our Super GT challenge race you can work on your WRS qualifier? I'm really curious to see what division you and dragon will qualify in.

haha me too, been super busy getting ready for 4 races this weekend, on overload, still need to get out and grab a usb flash drive and then work on some quali registry laps. any idea what kind of lap it will take to be solid in division 2? if i get there i'll be happy with myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back