3D3 Racing: WRS-based races moved to new WRS sub-forum!

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 2,120 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, nice to see you using my Lounge idea. :-)

How is it going by the way?

I may have to do the GTP qualifier

Hey, nice to see you using my Lounge idea. :-)

How is it going by the way?

I may have to do the GTP qualifier

It's going great Thanks.
And yes you should run the Qualifier and join us for a race somtime. 👍

Sorry if I seem confused, but did I miss your "idea" somewhere?
We've run in a variety of Private lounges since the inception of the series. Some named after the series, and some from our own accounts.

Get yourself a GTP tag, and we'll see you on the track ;)

Hey I like to take part too. Please add me to the EU bit. I will add the PSN Buddy tomorrow and find out the color of my Golf. Its some kind of dark red. Cheers

It's going great Thanks.
And yes you should run the Qualifier and join us for a race somtime. 👍

Sorry if I seem confused, but did I miss your "idea" somewhere?
We've run in a variety of Private lounges since the inception of the series. Some named after the series, and some from our own accounts.

Get yourself a GTP tag, and we'll see you on the track ;)

I have used private lounges within GBRC - GBRC_Casual, GBRC_testNtune for months etc http://www.gbracingclub.co.uk/news.php?item.28

I was putting the idea around here on GTP over the past few weeks as I saw nobody else doing something similar, looks like you had the same idea too :-)

I will have a go at the qualifier, I have been meaning to do it for months now, just that it is tough.

I have used private lounges within GBRC - GBRC_Casual, GBRC_testNtune for months etc http://www.gbracingclub.co.uk/news.php?item.28

I was putting the idea around here on GTP over the past few weeks as I saw nobody else doing something similar, looks like you had the same idea too :-)

I will have a go at the qualifier, I have been meaning to do it for months now, just that it is tough.

Oh, I see now.
And yes, we've been doing roughly the same thing as well. 👍
We haven't been using multiple lobbys simultaneously so it's been limited to only a couple of lobbies, but we have more available, similar to your setup.

The Qualifier really starts to grow on you once you get into it.
I wasn't having a good run at it when I started, but after several hours of driving, it became a seriously fun challenge to keep going for a better time.
I can't think of a better way to learn Nurburgring, that's for sure. - And the car is just awesome - Love the Sound from that Mercedes :D

Good luck with it 👍

Ok, I guess I'm ready(?) to take the plunge. Put me down for both races, in Oxfordgrün metallic.

But you have to promise to be gentle with me, it'll be my first time ever racing online...

Last edited:
It's not us you need to worry about, so much as the walls! :dopey: And just to set some perspective, I wasn't doing well at all in the first 5 or 6 races, just because of all the different new things I was learning (the hard way) in each race. It just takes time and continued determination. 👍

There are also a few home networking tips that can go a long way in preventing select drivers from being invisible to you, and preventing disconnects. I sent those in PM's to Joe(otxjto) last week and his first race was a success. I'll send those to you too.

Ok, I guess I'm ready(?) to take the plunge. Put me down for both races, in Oxfordgrün metallic.

But you have to promise to be gentle with me, it'll be my first time ever racing online...

Segovia, yes last week was my first 3D3 race, and it was really fun, these guys will help you and make you feel at ease.[Well until your battling it out for position,but you know that:)]

That being said, I cant Participate this week, going out of town to see family.👍
I even have to skip week 44 WRS, I will see you week 45, have fun!

Sweet! Good to see you joining us. We'll be gentle... or "they" will as I won't be there this week. :(

Just stay away from Speedy... his cars all come with an extra long nose and solid iron front bumper. :lol: And one more tip... don't try to pass gooners... they made a movie about that... "mission impossible".

With that impressive looking internet connection you should have no issues... well at least as long as your router plays nice... but I think Lucas mentioned sending you a PM about that just to check a few things.

Segovia, yes last week was my first 3D3 race, and it was really fun, these guys will help you and make you feel at ease.[Well until your battling it out for position,but you know that:)]!

But seriously, if we get a reputation for being welcoming and helping new online racers feel at ease, that would make me more proud of our group/series than just about anything else we could do. 👍

Ok, thanks for the tips, guys.

I see the tires for the race are one grade higher, is that enough to make it feel almost the same as offline? Well, I guess I'll find out soon enough...

Sport Hards...that was a guess, before any testing was done. I tested last night for a few minutes, and Comfort Softs weren't actually that bad. But Kevin recommended Sports, and he really does know a thing or two about a thing or two. 👍

I've been too busy running the actual combo, vs testing in online mode, to think about which tires, how to quali, and what to flip-flop. Nice pick, Kev! :lol:

Hey there. Just found out the colors name. Its Sedonared Metallic.

I am also adding a few people of the EU race now.

I love running the CS for WRS, but I do think the Sports are the best for 3D3. I need, or want, that extra grip.

Btw my real name is Timo, if you like to add it to the list.

Edit: I have added the GTP_3D3Racing but couldnt edit the subject. Hope its not a problem

Last edited:
Mine will be gold. Proper looking gold color.(not gold chrome)

And sign me up for EU too if there's room.👍

I'd love to race EU, but I don't want to take a space away from anybody. I know I intend to watch it, if nothing else! 👍:)

I added Dom in the EU and added his car color
Chuk and Anastasis still to go

Thanks for updating those, Speedy. 👍 I've grabbed the 2 changes above. I doubt EU will fill, so doing both is fine, Chuk. :cheers:

No problem Lucas. It's the least I can do while you're asleep. ;)
Hope I didn't mess up your lay-out. :scared: :lol:

Edit:
I'm hitting the GTP_3D3Racing lounge for some Golf training. Feel free to join.

Edit 2:
Not in GTP_3D3Racing lounge anymore

Last edited:
NA Practice lounge is open.

Finally got around to painting my car. I'll be in Gran Turismo White.

When are the laps we are running announced? Or have I missed something? I would like to do some long run practices.

When are the laps we are running announced? Or have I missed something? I would like to do some long run practices.

We've been talking about 25 in reverse and then 10 in forward in the background.

That's subject to change, but something close to that is safe to run with.

Here's what we're going with for Wed's race:

• 1 hour of practice in the GTP_3D3Racing lounge, starting 1 hour before the times listed in the event post.
  • 15min quali period, using Online Single Stint, no pit stops during quali
  • 25 laps on Madrid Reverse, using Fastest First from quali times, pit stops optional
  • Points for finishing positions in races depends on the number of drivers, and points are double for the first race
    • 1st place in race gets 32 points, assuming 16 drivers
    • 2nd place in race gets 30 points, ...
  • Set grid order for next race to Reverse, change to Madrid Forward for 10 laps
  • Points awarded are half of the above
    • 1st place in race gets 16 points, assuming 16 drivers
    • 2nd place in race gets 15 points, ...
  • Overall winner determined by points accumulation

I'm not sure if I'll have time to get a fancy google Docs spreadsheet up like Tim has done, but I'll try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back