3rd Annual GTPlanet London 12 Hour

• Thread starter AJ
  • 263 comments
Thanks to @Sinyster for the opportunity to race this morning. Much appreciated. 👍

My stint was okay, but had a disconnect and was damaged by other cars on two occasions. I was happy with my pace being up there among the TNR drivers and company. This car is very peculiar but I suppose it suited me well enough. I would like to apologize to anyone I may have hindered on the track. It appears that there was a bit of latency and times where I was close to a car but didn't touch, resulted in contact anyway. I would also like to apologize to @Nail-27 and @TEX36 of DART for making some overly-brave passes. They could've easily ended badly and I should have exhibited more patience in those situations.

I hope that all of the new drivers learned a lot on the track today and will improve on the situational awareness in future races. We had slow cars racing with and defending against the leading PRO cars on the top of the leaderboard and it was causing more problems than necessary.

Thanks to everybody for the good racing, I learned a thing or two in traffic management, and I'll hopefully see you all at future rounds with a renewed vigor. Right now I'm too tired!

Last edited:
A public apology to all those who I collected in Paddock (or who collected me) but two of the three (or four?) were spiking and I had absolutely NO idea where you all were. Also it was my first second and third time to be lag spiked at supersonic speed into the wall.I had SEVEN pictures at the end of my two hours.
Note to self: NEVER run new bop when old is useable and NEVER race at Brands Indy after you have been without sleep for 25 hours.
Thanks to @Sinyster for the opportunity to race this morning. Much appreciated. 👍

My stint was okay, but had a disconnect and was damaged by other cars on two occasions. I was happy with my pace being up there among the TNR drivers and company. This car is very peculiar but I suppose it suited me well enough. I would like to apologize to anyone I may have hindered on the track. It appears that there was a bit of latency and times where I was close to a car but didn't touch, resulted in contact anyway. I would also like to apologize to @Nail-27 and @TEX36 of DART for making some overly-brave passes. They could've easily ended badly and I should have exhibited more patience in those situations.

I hope that all of the new drivers learned a lot on the track today and will improve on the situational awareness in future races. We had slow cars racing with and defending against the leading PRO cars on the top of the leaderboard and it was causing more problems than necessary.

Thanks to everybody for the good racing, I learned a thing or two in traffic management, and I'll hopefully see you all at future rounds with a renewed vigor. Right now I'm too tired!
Next time honk:lol:

A public apology to all those who I collected in Paddock (or who collected me) but two of the three (or four?) were spiking and I had absolutely NO idea where you all were. Also it was my first second and third time to be lag spiked at supersonic speed into the

Next time honk:lol:

I witnessed one of those spikes coming down from Druids, I couldn't help but think that you probably held the top speed of the race because of that. :lol:

Event Update

Results will not be posted until Wednesday at the earliest. Publishing the D24 QP Results was the priority, as some teams were to miss the cut for the grid I wanted to give them all as much notice as possible.

In the mean time, a new feature for 2016, here is the Event Gallery. Photos are from QP only for now, highlights from the race will be added in due course.

Event Update

- 29 individual Lap Credits (682 laps).
- 11.5 hours of total unaccounted time.
- 14 post race penalties so far.
- Don't think we are going to get all finishers classified.

Nearly there but still some things to sort out, so don't expect anything until tomorrow.👍

well it was a midnight fire at sea after all...I loved the part when a couple of people expected real quick results. EVERY dc requires investigation and penalty etc. I personally saw one driver dc at least three times in
my first hour. Que sera, sera

Who else thinks that at least half of the penalties are for the TNR guys for corner cutting? :lol::lol:
Following Pfeffer it wouldn't surprise me! :lol:

well it was a midnight fire at sea after all...I loved the part when a couple of people expected real quick results. EVERY dc requires investigation and penalty etc. I personally saw one driver dc at least three times in
my first hour. Que sera, sera
That may have been me. My internet was great, I just kept getting signed out.

AJ
Event Update

- 29 individual Lap Credits (682 laps).
- 11.5 hours of total unaccounted time.
- 14 post race penalties so far.
- Don't think we are going to get all finishers classified.

Nearly there but still some things to sort out, so don't expect anything until tomorrow.👍
I hope that my team does not have had a post race penalty. I'm very scared! :scared:

You weren't the only one, unfortunately...
I think I had the most though. I was doing fine, I had just taken over from @Harsk100 and about half an hour into my stint everything went tails up. Kept getting signed out of PSN and then a power cut to ease my worries... 🤬.

After about an hour of hassle I managed to get a good stint in with no issues, just kept going, being consistent and putting in solid laps which were definitely on pace (well, not compared to TNR).

Its also an issue that is still on-going. Which is a fantastic feeling as we head towards this week's Daytona 24... Guess we'll wait until next month for all the DCs that'll need working out for Daytona results, AJ going to have a really rough time of sorting that one out.

Its also an issue that is still on-going. Which is a fantastic feeling as we head towards this week's Daytona 24... Guess we'll wait until next month for all the DCs that'll need working out for Daytona results, AJ going to have a really rough time of sorting that one out.
@AJ has done an excellent job to stay on top of everything so far. I don't see any doubt in him come this weekend! :cheers:

He absolutely has, but every disconnection is more work for AJ, and with the race being twice as long and the PSN issues still ongoing its going to be a HEAP of extra work for AJ in the days/week after the race to process it all; something he really doesn't need added on to the already MAMMOTH effort of compiling the post race statistics and information on a 24 hour race.

Latest Posts

Back