3rd Annual GTPlanet London 12 Hour

• Thread starter AJ
  • 263 comments
most of us violated track limits getting out of the leader's way.....but I get absolute hoot out of the commentators trying to figure out who was chasing the leader in hour one...until they figured out who might have green wheels!!! A public attaboy to Mad Max a very seriously rapid Finn.....I do believe there is something in the water in Finland!

lol so are we, we're just playing around keeping the fun in the sport :lol:
To be fair, I think everyone did violate track limits at least once, I mean not many people can concentrate at hit the correct marks every time for multiple hours. 👍

He absolutely has, but every disconnection is more work for AJ, and with the race being twice as long and the PSN issues still ongoing its going to be a HEAP of extra work for AJ in the days/week after the race to process it all; something he really doesn't need added on to the already MAMMOTH effort of compiling the post race statistics and information on a 24 hour race.
The good news is that at least this weekend there will be stewards on hand so it's not a one-man effort up in race control. But of course, we only cover about two of the six or seven jobs that AJ has to cover over the course of a race.

Thanks for the update, AJ

Last edited:
RACE RESULTS

- Provisional Classification
- Provisional Classification by Driver Fastest Lap
- Stint Analysis by Team
- Race Control Notices

EVENT NOTES

- Please read thought the ALL the documents above before quiring the results.

- As was stated during the broadcast, at the 1st Red Flag Timing & Scoring was walked back to the 1st Hourly Update, which was completed 60 seconds before rolling PSN logouts affected the Lobby.

- All 13 finishers have been classified.

- The #68 crew are very very very lucky boys.

SERIES NOTES

- Please remember that laps to the Grid and the Parade Lap are deducted from the Driver in the car at the time's count.

- Everyone needs to leave bigger gaps between themselves and the car ahead under PC and SC.

- Everyone needs to have another read through of the Sporing Regulations that are relevant to the race itself.

- You should only be typing in the text box if you are; responding to Race Control, bringing something to the attention of Race Control, or under the Sporing Regulations (e.g. LHM, DC, GA).

- If you are asked, for example "ANYONE SEE LESS THAN 13 CARS ON TRACK?" And you reply, for example "I SEE 13 CARS" or "13", from now on you will receive a penalty. This clogs up the chat, and increases the time spent under SC or RED.

- If the lobby has had to be reset, when you are called back in, load to the Pit Lane as soon as possible.

- From now on the title of the Lobby will be prefixed with one of the following;

'O' or 'OPEN' - you are free to join.
'X' or 'CLOSED' - if you join whilst this message is displayed you will receive a penalty.
'F' or 'FORUM' - you may only join if your car number has been called on the Event Thread.

As a final note on my behalf, and I will not point any fingers here, but some drivers I believe should be a little more respectful of their fellow racers on track and not pull any risky moves that could cause incidents.

This happened to me a few times during the race, but this could also be seen as a testing/proving ground, so I hold out hope that everyone improves on their next drive!

Great race to all, and glad to have driving alongside some of you while I could! I look forward to the next race!

I was joking, you TNR crew are great and definitely deserved to win the race!
Starscream every time I got near you bad things happened...including actual bruised paws when you lag spiked me across Grahm Hill bend into the wall at the base of the pits at full chat boogie....which made my G27 take violent exception to my hands presence .....I now release the wheel when I see impending doom....just like in real life.:lol:. The race was visually entertaining...watching cars leap the kitty litter....and...pull away. Who knows who was the lagee and who was the lager.

Starscream every time I got near you bad things happened...including actual bruised paws when you lag spiked me across Grahm Hill bend into the wall at the base of the pits at full chat boogie....which made my G27 take violent exception to my hands presence .....I now release the wheel when I see impending doom....just like in real life.:lol:. The race was visually entertaining...watching cars leap the kitty litter....and...pull away. Who knows who was the lagee and who was the lager.
That would have probably been quite funny from your point of view. :lol:

Well...that was one Crazy Beetle Race! First off I have to begin to thank @AJ for putting on one heck of a race! I definitely learned nothing is stopping AJ from resuming the races! Despite all the PSN issues lately, the race was still a great race to start off 2016! I also have to thank my Turtle Racing League Drivers in this VW Race, @randy1122 and @Vitessekid the 2 new rookies from our team put up a heck of a rookie performance and I know the had a blast and learned a lot from the race! Also I have to thank my other 2 drivers @Dolph Drago and @littleregret265 for finishing up that crazy race!

We are excited that we won in our class (pro- AM) and we can't wait to be part of future races.

Again I have to thank Everyone here, the racers, organizers, the GTPlanet Community! A great start for us into 2016 and still a whole lot of Racing to be done! Thanks everyone! :cheers:

See some of you guys at Fuji!

Turtle Powaaa!! :sly:

Ph1sher

a Big Thank You to @AJ and the commentators team!!!

it's a great event and nice race, I did have lots of actions/battle with many of you guys and it was fun racing!!

Looking forward to the next event and hopefully we won't encounter such PSN issue in the next race. 👍

alcheng @ SAC

Well...that was one Crazy Beetle Race! First off I have to begin to thank @AJ for putting on one heck of a race! I definitely learned nothing is stopping AJ from resuming the races! Despite all the PSN issues lately, the race was still a great race to start off 2016! I also have to thank my Turtle Racing League Drivers in this VW Race, @randy1122 and @Vitessekid the 2 new rookies from our team put up a heck of a rookie performance and I know the had a blast and learned a lot from the race! Also I have to thank my other 2 drivers @Dolph Drago and @littleregret265 for finishing up that crazy race!

We are excited that we won in our class (pro- AM) and we can't wait to be part of future races.

Again I have to thank Everyone here, the racers, organizers, the GTPlanet Community! A great start for us into 2016 and still a whole lot of Racing to be done! Thanks everyone! :cheers:

See some of you guys at Fuji!

Turtle Powaaa!! :sly:

Ph1sher
Um bacon! 👍:bowdown:

4a659d096d32d8a49754b0a2e86bf4a7.jpg

I would like to thank @AJ, officials, commentators, for organising such an exciting race! I'd like to thank @Ph1sher for inviting me into Turtle Racing League, and all members of Turtle Racing League for helping me with all the questions I had about this series. I'm pleased our result, but there is room for improvement, there always is. If anyone's going to Bathrust for the TCN-2 race, I'll probably see you there. Or else, see you next time on the track! :cheers:

My team was just in front of you when this happened. I think Starscream was ahead of John or Heather, lagged back to slam you, and then appeared in front of us again. I was just sitting there watching. Waiting. Hoping...:boggled:

4BnVgzs.png

I couldn't be happier with my team's progress from the first race last year to the first race this year. Oddly enough we were plagued with disconnection issues then, but never again through the rest of the season. We ran a clean race with no warnings or penalties, which is great progress. Our car even went from slow to pretty quick later in the race and managed to secure us a class podium even with the issues and run-ins. We know exactly where and how to improve, and look to do so in the future. Watch out

Thank you @AJ and the rest of the crew for toughing out this endurance race. I really hope the rest of them are easier to manage from here on out.

STINT PHOTOS! Always, always, always remember these or they will bite you. As a driver for #68 Turtle Racing, I got pinged with the worst of the penalties because of it. I got damage during my first stint and had to make an unscheduled pit stop. My brain clearly wasn't in thinking mode at that time (I wasn't planning to be in the pits that soon) and I failed to take a picture while I was in the pits getting repairs. :embarrassed: Result? What appeared to be a 1:27 stint (which I could not prove was actually two stints without the photo) cost us 4:20. :scared:

We were lucky indeed.

In any case, I want to congratulate my teammates @littleregret265, @randy1122, and @Vitessekid on a hard fought victory! Also thank you to @Ph1sher for leading our team! Finally thanks to @AJ for planning and running this race and series, along with all the other stewards, testers and stream commentators. It has to be a tough job with so many different things to keep track of.

It was a blast racing out there with everyone and I can't wait to get back out there again!

Back