3rd GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Season Opening)

• Thread starter Kakundoo
  • 867 comments
cant wait till sundy still on a high from my first clean win hopfully i can this to the next race looking foward to a nice battel with my team mate for 3rd. iv bin giving the nod by team boss that no team orders but keep it clean see you all sunday.AVIT COME ON REDBULL.

It was a good victory, although if I can pull myself away from playing Dragonball: Raging Blast for 5 minutes and get some practice in at Shanghai, then i'm looking to dominate again ;)

And Demarko, you should be interested in Ardius' opinion. It was him who set up the two Championships before this, so show some damn respect. Just because someone isn't racing, it doesn't mean that their opinion is invalid. Truth is that you were in the wrong here, and you need to accept that.

I wasn't trying to decide anything mate :) I had never heard of "ASPI" before and was wondering what it meant :dunce:

Thanks Kakundoo. Now I know what the term it is refering to...........but you still didn't tell me what the letters stand for :lol:

Sorry mate :)

It was a good victory, although if I can pull myself away from playing Dragonball: Raging Blast for 5 minutes and get some practice in at Shanghai, then i'm looking to dominate again ;)

And Demarko, you should be interested in Ardius' opinion. It was him who set up the two Championships before this, so show some damn respect. Just because someone isn't racing, it doesn't mean that their opinion is invalid. Truth is that you were in the wrong here, and you need to accept that.

When I came back to the track I thought that there is only PJ behind me.

Last edited:
I wasn't trying to decide anything mate :) I had never heard of "ASPI" before and was wondering what it meant :dunce:

Thanks Kakundoo. Now I know what the term it is refering to...........but you still didn't tell me what the letters stand for :lol:

ASPI is short for "aspiration" :)

GTP 3rd PAL F1 Championship, Round 15 - Monza

monza.jpg

Weather - Dry

Race order:

1st. GINTY72 - 10 pts (Red Bull)
2nd. +4.502 secs, Fastduck - 8 pts (Williams)
3rd. +6.796, Kingmart1n - 6 pts (Red Bull)
4th. +9.148, Kakundoo - 5 pts (Brawn GP)
5th. +9.618, Shaggy Alonso- 5 pts (Jordan GP)
6th. +18.697, Demarko777 - 3 pts (Jordan GP)
7th. +1 lap, PJ-FFL - 2 pts (Brawn GP)
8th. +1 lap, Scoop2004 - 1 pts (Lotus)

Pole Position - Kakundoo - 1:20.437
Fastest Lap - Shaggy Alonso - 1:20.509

Red Bull - 16 pts
Williams - 8 pts
Jordan GP - 8 pts
Brawn GP - 7 pts
Team Lotus - 1 pts

Quali went ok in that I put in a good lap but I never got any draft, and Jamie's 1:20.4 would have been unbeatable by me without draft so I had to settle for 2nd place on the grid.

I got a much better start than Jamie, but was actually in two minds over whether or not to try and overtake him as he would then be in my tow through the Curva Grande. I went for it, got past him, but then inevitably he got in my slipstream so I stayed well to the right to give him room to make the overtake without a crash (this is the most dangerous part of the circuit by far in this game). He duly got by me into Variante Della Roggia but I got a much better exit from this chicane and was right on him coming up to the first Lesmo, I eased off as I saw it was too tight for an overtake going through the corner, but as always, even though I wasn't touching him, his car spun and lost a wheel and I had to wait while we let the whole field through :indiff:

By lap 3 I had caught up with Jamie again and was in his tow going through the Curva Grande, side by side when yet again the computer decides that we have made contact when we clearly hadn't and then points my nose in his direction, I bounce off him and straight into the wall and fortunately he escapes damage. This all happened despite me easing off and trying to give him a wide berth and not touching him, but the collision detection is abysmal and it resulted in an accident anyway :grumpy:

This put me last but one. I caught up with PJ, he went waaaaaaay too deep into turn one, I took my normal racing line and drove past, and then after the race I am informed that I wrecked his car :boggled: News to me 👎

I then caught up with my team mate Demarko, and when he made a small mistake at the Parabolica on lap 5, I got past coming out of it. However he was then in my slipstream down the whole pitstraight, I maintained my line on the right and let him get past as he had more speed. I then got a better exit out of the first chicane and again tried to be cautious when approaching him, but with his slipstream I was so much faster and it resulted in another bloody crash even though for about a full 1.5 secs before I hit him I had already eased off the throttle. He was weaving left and right quite alarmingly which I figured was due to him using the controller.

I tried to catch the pack back up, which wasn't helped by cutting the corner too much at the Rettifilio immediately after my first pit stop and getting an 8 second penalty :ouch:
I eventually caught him up again and got in his slipstream down the back straight and pulled off a great outbraking manouvre into the Parabolica :sly: (it's a shame you didn't record any of the rest of the race Demarko :( ) but it wasn't necessary anyway as he dived into the pits straight after. With this bit of slipstream down the backstraight and the overtake I nailed the fastest lap 👍 I was able to go one lap longer than Demarko and put in another good lap and came out of the pits a second or two infront.

By the last lap I was in 5th and had caught right up to Jamie, finishing just 5 tenths behind which I was proud of. My race pace had been very good, mainly low 1:21's with a few high 1:20's and no draft, but it counts for very little when you have a crashfest like I did. 3 crashes and a penalty, ugh ::yuck::

Big, big congratulations to Ginty on his first win. As you can see from the tables he had been having a bit of a bad run since his first races but now he's firmly back on form along with King and their double podium finish means they have leapfrogged Brawn GP by a full 5 points in the constructors table into second, and are only 5 points behind Jordan GP!

In the drivers, the Red Bull drivers are now 3rd and 4th. The points gap remains at 17 points between Jamie and I. If I win with fastest lap at Shanghai (not very likely, easily my worst track) and Jamie finishes 3rd or lower then I will have won the championship. I actually hope we can at least take it to Suzuka, where I hope Hemiata will be racing as well 👍

Here's the tables, please update Jamie along with the fastest laps and poles etc.

P.S. This wasn't actually your first pole of the season, remember you did that great lap at Melbourne?

attachment.php

attachment.php

gtpf1cedrivers3palfit.jpg

gtpf1ceteamss3palfit.jpg

I didn't go deep into turn 1, I was getting out of your way Shaggy so I went extremely wide and slowly so you could get by and I might have probably had a go at you afterwards.

I didn't go deep into turn 1, I was getting out of your way Shaggy so I went extremely wide and slowly so you could get by and I might have probably had a go at you afterwards.

As I say PJ, what happens on my screen and what's happening on your screen and what's actually happening in reality are 3 separate things. On my screen you went about 10 metres too deep into the corner, not just wide.

(it's a shame you didn't record any of the rest of the race Demarko :( )

Sorry mate but I couldn't finish take video because camcorder battery discharged in 5 laps.In Shangai I will use another baterry :)
I need to take video of double Jordan's victory in Shangai

Last edited:
Hi gents! Santa has brought me an early present for being such a good boy :sly: A new HD webcam :dopey: I'm hoping this will give me a picture with better clarity 👍 so I'm going to try to make the last three races and hopefully give some good video :D This one is in 16:9 format so it will at least get my whole TV screen ;) I guess I'll have to practice up on Suzuka so I won't disappoint Shaggy :P

I'm sorry, I don't want to see my team lose a championship, and with 3 races to go, the WCC door is still wide open to 3 teams at the moment. I want back in the championship. I made a mistake ever thinking about leaving, and it's been really stabbing me in the heart since it all happened. I most likely will not be able to make Shangai, as I have end of semester exams for the entire length of next week, so i'll be studying, but I will be able to make all of the others, with loads of time for practice. I'm sorry if I was angry and miserable on Sunday, it was my birthday and I didn't get anything but a horrible race. I've blown off the steam now. Guys, remember to look back or check my bubble on the race map after you overtake me, and if you see my car motionless and damaged after an overtake, or my bubble stop, STOP for me because you just wrecked me.

I'm sorry, I don't want to see my team lose a championship, and with 3 races to go, the WCC door is still wide open to 3 teams at the moment. I want back in the championship. I made a mistake ever thinking about leaving, and it's been really stabbing me in the heart since it all happened. I most likely will not be able to make Shangai, as I have end of semester exams for the entire length of next week, so i'll be studying, but I will be able to make all of the others, with loads of time for practice. I'm sorry if I was angry and miserable on Sunday, it was my birthday and I didn't get anything but a horrible race. I've blown off the steam now. Guys, remember to look back or check my bubble on the race map after you overtake me, and if you see my car motionless and damaged after an overtake, or my bubble stop, STOP for me because you just wrecked me.

congratulations

demarko that video on the previous page has enlightened me as to what ruined my first lap. I ain't mad mate as I'm not competitive anyway. However some words of advice for you
1.)Work on your steering with the pad, i used a pad on sunday and i can take corners like turn 3 at monza by applying gentle right pressure instead of going from full right lock to straight then back to full etc.. Its all about the way you have your left thumb,push the sticks from the side not the top.
2.)When you have a ruined front wing high speed steering is non existant, so either slow right down then pit, or do what i do,and safely find your way to a wall and have a crash on your own causing a re-spawn.

As for the next race i'll be there, maybe with my wheel (Its a pain setting it up) and i should attend a couple of practices.

It's so annoying how short the weekend is, I just haven't been able to fit in any practice :( if I can do anything good tonight it shall be a miracle!

It's so annoying how short the weekend is, I just haven't been able to fit in any practice :( if I can do anything good tonight it shall be a miracle!

Shanghai to you seems to be what Suzuka is to me though and I think you'll be fast anyway. Mind you, I've improved on my pace here since last year. Did a 1:31.4 without any draft in practice but it was a bit of a one off, and I find it hard to replicate these fast laps and very easy to put in dud laps. I still don't have a perfect rhythm. However, the final corner at this circuit is one of my favourite in the game. It's great, you just sorta arrive and drive, using kerb on the entry and all the kerb on the exit.

Here's a belated onboard lap of Shanghai, courtesy of PJ:

1:31.4, I haven't ever got close to doing a lap like that. My guess is that even though you don't seem to think you're great here, my bet is that you can score very highly, if not take the win.
Bottom line is that you have won the Championship, there's no way I will beat you in Suzuka and score high enough in Shanghai and Interlagos to take the title.

Good Race Gents. I enjoyed this one although I am a bit disappointed in my new web cam right now. The little sucker needs 2gigs of DRAM and currently that's all I have in my PC. In my trial runs when I turned everything else on my PC off it took a good video but this one turned out choppy. Now on to the race:
King made a great pass on me but bad luck hit him as he got hit with a pen a few turns later and then Ginty got hit with one a couple of turns after that. All this happened on the first lap and put me P4 👍 I got by Kak when he was off track but let him back by in the pits when my lollipop man wouldn't let me go :yuck: I may have to find me a new lollipop man by the next race :lol: I was happy as I got my pace up to speed quicker than I anticipated :sly: running mid 1:32's which is about as good as I run here anyway :dunce: with that said, I'm happy to have finished P4 :D

sorry for the choppy video :indiff:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cudPy-031U

I started 5th on the grid and got no knocks into T1. I was behind duck when he went wide into T1 on lap 2 and see a small gap and took him but i didn't think he noticed and he caught my back end and i crashed ( i was in the wrong as it was a to risky move). After he let me by we got up the field a little and i kept a small gap over him until him and dem i think had a coming together. I ended up 5th which wasn't to bad as ginty was behind me so 3rd place in the championship is looking good.

Qualifying went okay, only managed 4th! lol, terrible.

Good start though, got passed Ginty and then into turn 1 I overtook Demarko as well, fantastic!
I followed Shaggy the next few laps and although he was faster than me in sector one and on the long right hander before the straight, I was much quicker than him for the most part of sector 2 (after the long sweeping left hand bend).
I got passed Shaggy a couple of laps later into turn 1 and held it there for a few laps, even through his overtake attempts. However, he got me a few laps later.
2-3 laps before the first pit stops me and Shaggy had a coming together, mostly my fault and this allowed Hemi through. Although it didn't matter because I got passed him in the pits anyway.
I carried on, and after reviewing the race and talking to my mate who watched it, we believe that I may have been given an extra lap of fuel, either on the start or in the pits lol, because the strategy was to enter the first pit stop a lap later than I did.
But anyways, I digress. I continued on, only one stopping and when it came to the final lap I made an error going into the long left hander and smashed the front end of my car into the wall, allowing Shaggy passed for the win.
I was lucky though, because the one stopper allowed me to keep second place.

GTP 3rd PAL F1 Championship, Round 16 - Shanghai

china.png

Weather - Dry

Race order:

1st. Shaggy Alonso - 11 pts (Jordan GP)
2nd. +8.661 secs, Kakundoo - 8 pts (Brawn GP)
3rd. +16.428, Demarko777 - 6 pts (Jordan GP)
4th. +20.698, HEMIata - 5 pts (Williams)
5th. +34.327, Kingmart1n - 4 pts (Red Bull)
6th. +47.849, Fastduck - 3 pts (Williams)
7th. +1:01.821, GINTY72 - 2 pts (Red Bull)
8th. +1 lap, Scoop2004 - 1 pts (Team Lotus)

Pole Position - Shaggy Alonso - 1:31.955
Fastest Lap - Shaggy Alonso - 1:31.584

Jordan GP - 17 pts
Brawn GP - 8 pts
Williams - 8 pts
Red Bull - 6 pts
Team Lotus - 1 pts

Great race, one of the most challenging I've had yet 👍

My last quali lap just about broke into the 1:31's so I was happy with that and it earned me pole, with Jamie stuck in 4th after only having 5 laps of practice all week. Demarko lined up beside me with Ginty in 3rd to make it an all Jordan front row for the first time - Demarko you showed excellent pace here, pace that I knew you had 👍

I got a better start than my team mate and held first position going round turn one and two, but coming out of turns 3 and 4 I noticed Jamie had an absolute barn stormer of a start and was already up to second :nervous: I was able to hold him off for the first lap as I got a good exit from the all important turn 13 but I knew I would have my work cut out for the rest of the race to try and keep him behind. On lap two, he got a better run at me out of turn 13 and when we both exited turn 14 we were pretty much side by side, he had the inside line going into the final corner so I relinquished the position. I was unable to catch him that lap but on the following lap I nailed him again into turn 14 but this time held the position for the start of the new lap. He came back at me going into turn one, then on turn two I was tagged and spun, but for whatever reason I seemed to come out of this one better as I still emerged in the lead but Jamie was now down to third behind Hemi. Demarko would have inherited second place but he pitted just before this, probably in order to avoid any accidents with the pack.

I managed to pull out a lead on Hemi and then I was 1st into the pits out of the trio of me, Hemi and Kak. They both pitted a lap later but swapped positions after Hemi's lollipop man screwed up his pit stop (a certain head will roll). However, briefly Demarko was in 2nd ahead of those two as he was out of sync with them in the pit stop windows, but his place was genuine. By the time me, Demarko and Hemi had all pitted the order remained the same only Jamie was in the lead as he never pitted. However, he crashed on the last lap gifting me the win.

Fastest non draft lap was a 1:31.6 but the fastest with some draft down the back straight was a 1:31.5. On one lap I was actually a full 4 tenths up on my first sector alone (I have no idea why it was so fast, I can't remember what I did) but I screwed up the rest of the lap anyway, so it's academic.

Anyway, excellent close race with people on different strategies and some excellent close, but clean racing with Jamie in the first stint of the race. Well done to my team mate Demarko! An excellent 3rd place and we look to have the constructors title in the bag with PJ not showing and Red Bull having a lacklustre race. I think it's worth mentioning that Ginty claims his front wing randomly came off a full 4 times during the race, which would certainly account for him finishing over a minute behind me despite his fastest lap being only 3 tenths off mine. Very strange, care to elaborate on what happened Ginty?

Here's the tables. Both championships look fairly settled but 2nd place is still very much contested between Red Bull and Brawn.

attachment.php

attachment.php

gtpf1cedrivers3palfit.jpg

gtpf1ceteamss3palfit.jpg

Last edited:
I followed Shaggy the next few laps and although he was faster than me in sector one and on the long right hander before the straight, I was much quicker than him for the most part of sector 2 (after the long sweeping left hand bend).

I noticed this, I was taking a very wide line into turn 8 to give me a good line into turns 9 and 10, but I think I must have been sacrificing too much time at turn 8 because I couldn't believe how much you gained on me through there, probably about 4 tenths on that corner alone, and it didn't matter that I was set up nicely for turns 9 and 10, because you were obviously good through there too. Thankfully I was quick today through turn 13 which probably saved me a few times as you sometimes weren't close enough on the long back straight to make the pass. Interesting how we were obviously using very different lines and braking points but still ended up with similar lap times.

GTP Shanghai 2009 highlights:

Congratulations Shaggy, brilliant job.
I m realy happy with 3 rd position in this race .Probably I could by 2nd if Kakundoo have made 2 PIT stops.I can’t understand why some of us does 1 PIT stop and another 2.

Last edited:
Strategy. They will save their revs and/or go at a slower rate to save fuel for a 1 stopper. After seeing these results, I've got my work cut out for me. Demarko is actually a front runner, I underestimated him. We're going to have to pray for their mistakes to happen if Brawn wants to win the title. And now we're off to my home away from home, on my familiar turf(from gran turismo).

Strategy. They will save their revs and/or go at a slower rate to save fuel for a 1 stopper. After seeing these results, I've got my work cut out for me. Demarko is actually a front runner, I underestimated him. We're going to have to pray for their mistakes to happen if Brawn wants to win the title. And now we're off to my home away from home, on my familiar turf(from gran turismo).

It is impossible to go race doing 1 pitstop.It is visible on video that in the last lap fuel in Kakundoo's car has finished.It is imposible to have crash between 6 and 7 turns.The pitstop in Shanghai takes about 28 seconds .If you didn't make pitstop and you have penalty it takes about 13 seconds.So , not making the pitstop you win about 15 seconds.Add 15 seconds to Kakundoo's time and you will see that he takes only 4th position in this races.
I think we need to decide to do minimum 2 pitstops in race.

Last edited:
To be honest i can't see how you can crash at T7 either i never have and kakundoo is a better driver than me.
Some good videos there i like HEMlata got the part where i went round the outside of him at T7.

Ahhhh, Suzuka, what a joy. This in my opinion is the best circuit on any Formula One calender. As amazing as Spa is, it isn't as varied as Suzuka and has many run off areas, Suzuka has none other than at 130R, which I might add is a better corner than Blanchimont, and the track is narrower further adding to the difficulty.

The esses and the two Degner curves are the most important corners in the lap, which will really make or break it.

Here's a much belated onboard lap, courtesy this time of PJ

Once again, the week has come and gone and I am still not prepared for the race. Maybe i'll get some practice in now, but maybe not. I don't really have much reason to race anymore, i've not fighting for either Championships, and in the Driver's, my place is secure, so don't expect me to be competitive because I'm just not driven enough to win.

Just remember, if the room has not been set up by 9:10 then someone else make it, because I might not be there, but if I am there, then the room should be set up by 9pm.

Back