3rd GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Season Opening)

• Thread starter Kakundoo
  • 867 comments
I don't really have much reason to race anymore, i've not fighting for either Championships, and in the Driver's, my place is secure, so don't expect me to be competitive because I'm just not driven enough to win.

:lol:LMAO:lol: Wow Kak!! A masterful job of giving up 👍

Lol, yeah, but tbh I'd have to pull a Raikkonen to win this title, and it's very unlikely that Shaggy will score 1 or less points in the next two races.

Well that was a disaster 👎

OK, Ginty should have just rejoined the race as soon as he could, I don't know why this seemed to take you all day. This happened before with King at Imola and he got on with it. However, we did quit for PJ before, but that was right at the start of qualifying so it made sense, we were already into the race Ginty when you started asking where everyone was. Perhaps Jamie was a bit hasty in starting the race. Really, you should do some sort of countdown, or check everyone is good to go. I prompted us to go admittedly, but I didn't have time to type 'where is Ginty?' before Jamie had already started with no warning. Still Ginty, I would have been of the attitude of '**** happens, I better reconnect and get into the race as soon as I can' instead of pleaing for us to stop when we were already halfway through the race.

On top of that, we got the stupid lap glitch where me and Demarko got put a lap down, and Duck had an incident with Demarko after which he sportingly disconnected.

So I propose since tonight was such a crap evening, we redo the race at some stage this week. We should at least put it to a vote. I have no qualms about giving up my victory tonight to Jamie as it appears I brushed him when I was overtaking him. Though please don't be so presumptious about the end result in future Jamie - I wouldn't celebrate in that manner had the reverse happened to you, I found it pretty offensive and arrogant to declare yourself the winner as if i'm not even there and without even consulting me 👎 I don't mean to sound like i'm busting your balls tonight Jamie, but do you not care about organising this championship anymore? Tonight Ginty had a real issue and you pretty much did nothing to try and resolve the matter and left me to pick up the pieces, to which I don't know why I bother as I'm not the championship organiser. On top of that, the tables haven't been updated in about 5 weeks which I go to the trouble of making, the first post is entirely out of date (the thread title still says season opening), and reading your pre- race comments you don't seem fussed about even participating now, nevermind organising the event. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind if your hearts not in it anymore, but just pass on the baton if you don't want to do it anymore.

Well that was a disaster 👎

OK, Ginty should have just rejoined the race as soon as he could, I don't know why this seemed to take you all day. This happened before with King at Imola and he got on with it. However, we did quit for PJ before, but that was right at the start of qualifying so it made sense, we were already into the race Ginty when you started asking where everyone was. Perhaps Jamie was a bit hasty in starting the race. Really, you should do some sort of countdown, or check everyone is good to go. I prompted us to go admittedly, but I didn't have time to type 'where is Ginty?' before Jamie had already started with no warning. Still Ginty, I would have been of the attitude of '**** happens, I better reconnect and get into the race as soon as I can' instead of pleaing for us to stop when we were already halfway through the race.

On top of that, we got the stupid lap glitch where me and Demarko got put a lap down, and Duck had an incident with Demarko after which he sportingly disconnected.

So I propose since tonight was such a crap evening, we redo the race at some stage this week. We should at least put it to a vote. I have no qualms about giving up my victory tonight to Jamie as it appears I brushed him when I was overtaking him. Though please don't be so presumptious about the end result in future Jamie - I wouldn't celebrate in that manner had the reverse happened to you, I found it pretty offensive and arrogant to declare yourself the winner as if i'm not even there and without even consulting me 👎 I don't mean to sound like i'm busting your balls tonight Jamie, but do you not care about organising this championship anymore? Tonight Ginty had a real issue and you pretty much did nothing to try and resolve the matter and left me to pick up the pieces, to which I don't know why I bother as I'm not the championship organiser. On top of that, the tables haven't been updated in about 5 weeks which I go to the trouble of making, the first post is entirely out of date (the thread title still says season opening), and reading your pre- race comments you don't seem fussed about even participating now, nevermind organising the event. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind if your hearts not in it anymore, but just pass on the baton if you don't want to do it anymore.

To be honest, I have had a lot to do over the past few weeks, so changing the first post of this thread is the LEAST of my worries. Yes, I still enjoy racing you guys, but some things lately have just pushed me to an attitude that I admit is not the greatest, but I'm not too bothered.
The whole incident with Ginty was ridiculous, it's not that I didn't bother trying to sort it out, it's that there was nothing to sort out. All of us have experienced being kicked out before qualifying before, but we all just get on with it, re-join and go from there. Hell, in Monaco last season, it happened to me and I still managed second place! Okay, I admit that yes, we did stop for PJ, but he's what, 13 years old? And he said it right at the start of qualifying, and even then, I wasn't bothered about quitting, it was only after you had quit as well that I decided I better quit as well.
The whole presuming I was the winner maybe perceived as arrogant, but to be honest, it would have been unfair if I hadn't got the race victory because of that incident, there's no point discussing something that we both know is in the rules. You've said time and time again that you should look back after you overtake someone, or at least check the map.

Personally, I don't think we should redo the race. It was not intentional that Ginty was kicked out, and it was his own fault for not rejoining. Duck may have connected with Demarko somewhere, but again, it was his own choice to quit the race and as for the lap glitch for you and Demarko, we both know that you came 2nd, and Demarko was 2 laps down when I finished, meaning he was at least a lap down from me anyway, so he was clearly in front of Duck and Ginty because he finished the race, but behind all those who weren't a lap down from me.

1. Kakundoo - 10pts
2. Shaggy Alonso - 9pts
3. Kingmart1n - 6pts
4. HEMIata - 5pts
5. Demarko - 4pts
6. Duck - 3pts
7. Ginty - 2pts (Although i'm not sure because the rules say you NEED to complete half the race)

Jordan - 13pts
Brawn GP - 10pts
Red Bull - 8pts
Williams - 8pts

Fastest Lap: Shaggy Alonso

It's really as simple as that. Sorry to be blunt, but that is the way it is. One race to go, the only battle still going on is the battle for second place in the Constructors and with that said it'll be a tough race for me because I've probably made a few enemies with my decision, I have no team mate and I'm pretty used to being knocked about at Interlagos, courtesy of last season's excellent driving.

Peace out.

Suzuka 2009 hightlights:

Congratulations Shaggy, you are tonight's race winner. I'm behind Kakundoo about 45 sec and I have 5th position. what concerns the incident betwen ZERODUCK and me, I gave him way after small collision and I don't understand his discontentment.
I think the last tonight's race line is so:
1.Shaggy_Alonso
2.Kakundoo
3.kingmart1n
4.HEMIata
5.Demarko777
6.GINTY1 ???
ZERODUCK1 DNF

Last edited:
I know i will not race that well here again so im a no for a another go at it plus i work all week so i won't be about to join. And if the vote did go for yes i would be really annoyed as i took part in this one and it wouldn't be my fault if i couldn't make the race.

I know it would benefit my team mate but i will have to let him down.

I'd like for a re-do of this race, because I could actually make it this week. From the sound of things, i really do think this race needs a re-do.

^I put the "only points count if you have completed 50% of the race" rule in so people didn't just lazily join half way through the race and control an AI car with a significant advantage.
So, in circumstances like this I would have allowed the points.

As for the rest of it, well all I'll say is this:
Playing online games should be fun, and once it stops being fun, you should stop. If for some reason its becoming stressful or restrictive, you should take a step back.
Food for thought anyway. :)

Also, I'm a little shocked at the level of selfishness going on around here now....I'll just put it down to post-race adrenaline, another issue that I think people all too easily forget.

To be honest, I have had a lot to do over the past few weeks, so changing the first post of this thread is the LEAST of my worries. Yes, I still enjoy racing you guys, but some things lately have just pushed me to an attitude that I admit is not the greatest, but I'm not too bothered.
The whole incident with Ginty was ridiculous, it's not that I didn't bother trying to sort it out, it's that there was nothing to sort out. All of us have experienced being kicked out before qualifying before, but we all just get on with it, re-join and go from there. Hell, in Monaco last season, it happened to me and I still managed second place! Okay, I admit that yes, we did stop for PJ, but he's what, 13 years old? And he said it right at the start of qualifying, and even then, I wasn't bothered about quitting, it was only after you had quit as well that I decided I better quit as well.
The whole presuming I was the winner maybe perceived as arrogant, but to be honest, it would have been unfair if I hadn't got the race victory because of that incident, there's no point discussing something that we both know is in the rules. You've said time and time again that you should look back after you overtake someone, or at least check the map.

Personally, I don't think we should redo the race. It was not intentional that Ginty was kicked out, and it was his own fault for not rejoining. Duck may have connected with Demarko somewhere, but again, it was his own choice to quit the race and as for the lap glitch for you and Demarko, we both know that you came 2nd, and Demarko was 2 laps down when I finished, meaning he was at least a lap down from me anyway, so he was clearly in front of Duck and Ginty because he finished the race, but behind all those who weren't a lap down from me.

1. Kakundoo - 10pts
2. Shaggy Alonso - 9pts
3. Kingmart1n - 6pts
4. HEMIata - 5pts
5. Demarko - 4pts
6. Duck - 3pts
7. Ginty - 2pts (Although i'm not sure because the rules say you NEED to complete half the race)

Jordan - 13pts
Brawn GP - 10pts
Red Bull - 8pts
Williams - 8pts

Fastest Lap: Shaggy Alonso

It's really as simple as that. Sorry to be blunt, but that is the way it is. One race to go, the only battle still going on is the battle for second place in the Constructors and with that said it'll be a tough race for me because I've probably made a few enemies with my decision, I have no team mate and I'm pretty used to being knocked about at Interlagos, courtesy of last season's excellent driving.

Peace out.

I saw you went off, you didn't lose a wheel. It's easy to lose it at that corner and I was infront of you entering it and I wasn't to know it was because of me, but I agree that with hindsight I should have waited up as there was every chance it was me.

"there's no point discussing something that we both know is in the rules. You've said time and time again that you should look back after you overtake someone, or at least check the map."

Yes, with hindsight I should have done this, but it's still no reason to go blowing your trumpet after the race about your great win without even checking i'm cool with it, again you're being presumptious. I don't mean for you to go back and change your words, but a simple sorry would go a long way. I'm a reasonable person and of course I would give you the position back, but i'd like to be asked first rather than being told the result as if I have no say in anything.

Can I just add that the collision detection really is abysmal in this game, as if we don't already know. Watching Demarko's video, he makes a clean overtake on me, yes? No, he put me in the gravel, but who can blame him when this is what he sees on his screen? I wasn't angry at the time because after I got such a bad start I knew something like this was inevitable and couldn't be helped. In a way I can't wait till this is all over.

I know i will not race that well here again so im a no for a another go at it plus i work all week so i won't be about to join. And if the vote did go for yes i would be really annoyed as i took part in this one and it wouldn't be my fault if i couldn't make the race.

I know it would benefit my team mate but i will have to let him down.

Same here. I have a lot going on this week and it would just be unfair to hold another race without me or King, who both did extremely well in the race. It's not our fault that Ginty didn't re-join and you and Demarko were a lap down, big deal, you still got the same positions you would have without the glitch, bar Ginty.

Oh and Demarko, Shaggy didn't win, I did.

Seriously, I don't mean to be annoying people, but come on. That was the race, **** happens. You didn't see me asking for a redo last season in Interlagos when I kept being hit, which ruined the entire race and the championship for me.

Oh and Demarko, Shaggy didn't win, I did.

I think you've hammered that point home :ill:

Seriously, I don't mean to be annoying people, but come on. That was the race, **** happens. You didn't see me asking for a redo last season in Interlagos when I kept being hit, which ruined the entire race and the championship for me.

Ok, firstly you're comparing apples and oranges. Because one person is hard done by due to race incidents and another feels hard done by because of their PS3 crashing doesn't mean they're always entitled to the same treatment.

And all some of us were asking for was a vote. If neither you nor King were able to attend a re-race then I would vote against it, but some people would have liked the opportunity to have decided that within the group rather than being told 'thats the way it is' by the race organiser.

Can I at least recommend you guys leave this for tomorrow and let each other cool off first before making rash decisions?

This isn't me being rash, this is me sick of being pushed around. If I want something, i'm not going to sit around and ask politely. Yes, that would be the nice thing to do, and okay I am sorry for saying it the way I did, but come on guys we all know the rules.

I mean, what about Silverstone, I was "cheated" (and I use that term very loosely) out of another race win because Hemi was put a lap down, so instead had to settle for 4th.

I'm not trying to tell people what to do, I just think that it would MORE unfair if there was a redo because me and King wouldn't make be able to make it. At least those who did make it tonight had to opportunity, it just slipped away from them due to various circumstances.

This championship is really getting crazy. After every race, there is a huge argument as to who hit who, or something else. No one is having fun anymore, and it's making everyone begin to dislike and turn against each other. The only reason I really m in this is because I have nothing else to do on sunays but homework and because I have a team to support. Here are the rules to overtaking which I will put up for you guys to follow:
-Look back and check the map after overtakes.
-If you don't see the person, or their bubble stopped on the map, stop for them because you just hit them
-If you are accused of hitting someone and didn't slow down and let them by again, you will be placed behind wherever that person placed.

Everyone MUST follow these rules strictly, I don't care if you're in a good position or the championship is on the line.

Indeed it's a long way, but I don't think we should use this game for the championship anymore after this. We should wait for the F1 2010 game, that will hopefully not be region specific online, which I hope has a better online, and it should, since Codemasters are bigger and richer than Liverpool.

So here my race review. I started 6th and after the first lap i was up to 3rd as shaggy and dem went off. The second or 3rd lap Hemlata went off and i was up to 2nd place and could believe it. All the way up to the pitstop duck was close behind and i knew he was quicker than me. Lucky after are stops i was ahead but then made a mistake and shaggy and Hemlata was past so i was 4th and was happy. I think duck made a early pitstop to leapfrog me but come out with dem then he quit so i knew 4th was mine. Just after my pitstop Hemlata made a mistake and went in the pit 3rd i couldn't believe it so i kept the car on the track for the last few laps to finish in 3rd.

I feel bad for my team mate but really when none of us was replying on the chat he must of thought we was already racing or that what i would of thought anyway.

I thought I would do better here as this track seems to fit my style of car control but considering all that happened, I can't complain about my finish. I can usually get 3 laps in qualifying but I messed up my second hot lap so bad that I ruined any chance of a third lap. I ended up with a P3 starting spot on the grid right behind Shaggy. At the start Shaggy must have been a hair late on the throttle as I had to lift to keep from hitting him before turn 1. This allowed Demarko to get by me and up beside Shaggy. It looks as though they touched and Shaggy went wide, then after the esses Dem went off and I was setting P2. I was able to catch the leader Kak pretty easy by using his slip stream but couldn't get a run in the right spot to make a safe overtake. Then after a few laps I dropped my left side tyres over the kerb in the first Degner turn which cocked me a bit sideways, I over corrected and spun. This allowed King to get by and with dirty tyres I over shot the hairpin letting Duck by. I got back by Duck and King when they made the same mistakes I did :lol: all this was before the first pitstop :D coming out with cold tyres I went off in the esses and that let Shaggy by. Also on the video is when Ginty joined which is a lap before my last pitstop of which I made with 8 laps to go. Whats not on the video is my off in the second Degner curve that gave me a puncher causing me to pit a third time, looking back I should have crashed it and I probably would have finished ahead of King :indiff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqSqz__GIt8

GTP 3rd PAL F1 Championship, Round 17 - Suzuka

circuit_suzuka.png

Weather - Dry

1st. Kakundoo - 10 pts (Brawn GP)
2nd. Shaggy Alonso (PEN) - 9 pts (Jordan GP)
3rd. Kingmart1n - 6 pts (Red Bull)
4th. HEMIata - 5 pts (Williams)
5th. Demarko777 - 4 pts (Jordan GP)
6th. GINTY72 - 3 pts (Red Bull)
7th. FastDuck - 2 pts (Williams)

Pole Position - Shaggy Alonso - 1:31.126
Fastest Lap - Shaggy Alonso - 1:30.916

Jordan GP - 13 pts
Brawn GP - 10 pts
Red Bull - 9 pts
Williams - 7 pts
Team Lotus - 0 pts

Qualifying went well enough, although my main competitor for pole, Hemi had a bad qualifying session which helped secure me the pole.

At the start I accidently punched it into 5th gear instead of 4th and realised the field was about to swallow me up so I didn't try to defend against Jamie who started second, Demarko got beside me and I purposefully eased off to try and let him through but I was still knocked off into the gravel. Hemi was also held up behind me in 3rd and had to ease off and take avoiding action in order to prevent an accident, well done my friend 👍

This put me last but later on in the lap Demarko lost it at the fast Dunlop curve and I inherited his place. I then caught up with Duck and made a good pass on him into turn one only for me to then lose it later on in the lap at the first Degner corner as I spun into the gravel, losing me valuable seconds :ouch: I then worked on catching up Duck again but came across Hemi instead who had pitted early. I decided I could simply follow him as we both then carved our way through the field - something I should have done way back in Bahrain instead of making all those desperate lunges trying to get past 💡

On one lap I passed both Duck and King who lost it at the second Degner and the turn 11 hairpin respectively. I was able to follow Hemi closely but had to pit a lap earlier than him. Despite my outlap being good, and my pitstop being a couple of tenths faster than his, he still emerged just in front of me though we were now extremely close going into turn one. However Hemi went wide and into the gravel at turn 4 letting me through to hunt down Jamie who was about 4-5 seconds down the road.

I caught him up and followed closely behind him for a couple of laps before getting a good slipstream down the main straight and I got past into turn one. I was actually in front we I went into the corner taking the inside line trying very hard to avoid him. As I looked back he was just off the track coming back onto it from the gravel but i've lost it/nearly lost it enough times at turn one at Suzuka to know that that is easily done without getting punted off by anyone. With hindsight though (after Malaysia) I should have waited for him to pass and then try to overtake him again just incase. But I drove on and finished first only to be demoted of the win because of this. A shame and not the way I wanted to win the championship, but second place was enough in the end.

Along with Demarko's 5th place, we have now also secured the constructors championship! 👍:):dopey::dunce::sly:👍 So well done to you Demarko and Tom if he's reading, as without his solid points haul in the first part of the championship this wouldn't have been possible.

In the drivers championship, the only score to settle really is between Ginty and Hemi for 4th place, as King is more or less secure of 3rd place unless something very strange happens at Interlagos. In the constructors, Brawn have narrowed the gap to second placed Red Bull to just 2 points going into the final round. Hopefully both teams will be in full attendance for that show down next sunday 👍

Note - I have corrected the results so that Ginty has finished in front of Duck. This is because despite joining late, Ginty was able to finish the race.

attachment.php

attachment.php

gtpf1cedrivers3palfit.jpg

gtpf1ceteamss3palfit.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for nothing i make an effort to race on a sunday night been in every race then on sunday i get kick out then when i came back in i froze wich takes 4 mins to get back in game ther were only 6laps done when i ask 4 you 2 stop but u all carried on i thought this was a fair championship but i was wrong seems 1 rule for 1 and another for another thanks lads been a jo up until that point but i wont bee racing no moor later

So here my race review. I started 6th and after the first lap i was up to 3rd as shaggy and dem went off. The second or 3rd lap Hemlata went off and i was up to 2nd place and could believe it. All the way up to the pitstop duck was close behind and i knew he was quicker than me. Lucky after are stops i was ahead but then made a mistake and shaggy and Hemlata was past so i was 4th and was happy. I think duck made a early pitstop to leapfrog me but come out with dem then he quit so i knew 4th was mine. Just after my pitstop Hemlata made a mistake and went in the pit 3rd i couldn't believe it so i kept the car on the track for the last few laps to finish in 3rd.

I feel bad for my team mate but really when none of us was replying on the chat he must of thought we was already racing or that what i would of thought anyway.

king i froze you no me beter than that was trying as quick as possible to get back in you all only done 6laps well u got your 3rd place well done a bet unfair

thanks for nothing i make an effort to race on a sunday night been in every race then on sunday i get kick out then when i came back in i froze wich takes 4 mins to get back in game ther were only 6laps done when i ask 4 you 2 stop but u all carried on i thought this was a fair championship but i was wrong seems 1 rule for 1 and another for another thanks lads been a jo up until that point but i wont bee racing no moor later

I'm not trying to be annoying or anything, but could you please use proper grammar and spelling? Its against the AUP to use text speak. Its for the benefit of everyone reading, especially foreign members, thanks.

Anyway, this does smack a bit of arrogance to be honest. I know what its like to have a game freeze and its a pain. Did you message Kak through the PSN or the lobby? If you did it in the lobby, they can't see the messages till after the race has finished, so its no surprise they didn't stop for you.
Otherwise I think thats rather arrogant from Kak and others, its understandable that some will be annoyed they have lost all their hard work from Qualifying and the bit of Race they had managed, but this isn't meant to be just about results....its meant to be fun for everyone. Someone shouldn't be suffering just so the rest of you can be pleased, thats not how it works at all. 👎

We create a F1 chatroom so we don't have to use F1:CE's dreadful lobby chat. If he messaged them there, everyone would see it in the race, so they should have known and stopped for him.

Just a idea after we race brazil why don't we do japan again with only the people who are willing to lose there position in the race i will be willing to put my 3rd up for grabs. So if kakundoo doesn't race he will get 1st still.

Last edited:
Anyway, this does smack a bit of arrogance to be honest. I know what its like to have a game freeze and its a pain. Did you message Kak through the PSN or the lobby? If you did it in the lobby, they can't see the messages till after the race has finished, so its no surprise they didn't stop for you.
Otherwise I think thats rather arrogant from Kak and others, its understandable that some will be annoyed they have lost all their hard work from Qualifying and the bit of Race they had managed, but this isn't meant to be just about results....its meant to be fun for everyone. Someone shouldn't be suffering just so the rest of you can be pleased, thats not how it works at all. 👎

We create a F1 chatroom so we don't have to use F1:CE's dreadful lobby chat. If he messaged them there, everyone would see it in the race, so they should have known and stopped for him.

As PJ said, we had a PS3 chat room set up and yes, I saw all the messages that Ginty sent and I would assume the others did also. The first being during my second qualifying lap which is why I screwed it up (took my eyes off the road at the wrong spot). I am not the organizer of this event and, in my opinion, it is his responsibility to make the decisions as far as stopping and restarting. He did not restart and Ginty was caught out and I feel bad for him. Kakundoo won the race and there was a lot of debating over the events of the race and whether we should re run it. I believe there were only 2 that did not want a rerun but it was never put to a vote. That being said we all signed on (figuratively speaking) to run this championship. I'm not trying to be a hypocrite here as I blew up at one point and wanted out but the fact is I love to race, I love the challenge and it has been a formidable one. We all have a competitive spirit. We all want to win. Some are better than others. Some are luckier than others. This game has it's problems/glitches but we all knew that at the start. In the end, it's just a game and unless y'all are holding out on me, we are not getting paid for our performances :)

I'm not trying to be annoying or anything, but could you please use proper grammar and spelling? Its against the AUP to use text speak. Its for the benefit of everyone reading, especially foreign members, thanks.

i done it through text chat so every one would see it hem saw it

Just a idea after we race brazil why don't we do japan again with only the people who are willing to lose there position in the race i will be willing to put my 3rd up for grabs. So if kakundoo doesn't race he will get 1st still.

I didn't expected that you will be so fast in Suzuka.I expected to overtake you easy :) But I finished 5th and you deservedly 3rd.Well done 👍

2 races to go, I think, and demarko is catching me up in points. Looks like i'll have to stick it in high gear and keep my lead over him.

Back