430PP European 'Hot Hatch' Championship

Won all of them with the '00 Opel Speedster Turbo. Suspension and a couple power mods was all, albeit the last race (Eifel) was a bit of a handful. Great car though.

I said I wouldn't do any more of these, but hearing all the usual complaints about the awful course-creator -and even worse- "kart" track got me wanting to run it to see what the fuss was about.

As is often the case I can't see any reason for the complaints. It's plenty wide enough for the little hatchbacks. It seems to have a fairly nice flow to it for small low-powered cars, with several reasonably interesting corners that offer a variety of possible lines to run which means potential for overtaking as well as a couple of spots that let you pick up some speed. There are no spots at all that seem wacky and highly unlikely in reality either. No jumps and only one really blind corner, and that one isn't very bad or remotely unusual(in real-world terms) either.

The only real problem I encountered was the normal issue with the AI not knowing how to drive the track and constantly parking when right in front of me.

Turned out to be a fairly straightforward win in a Volvo C-60 with only LSD and tranny mods after a couple of runs at stock to learn the track and find the true apices in the more complex corners. The car was at a whopping 411PP but I wasn't concerened about maximizing the bonus, as I just wanted to see the track and see how hard it was to win in a reasonable car.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I was using the DS3 just like in the Kubelwagen I ran for the first track, which in my case tends to make it a lot more difficult to run at my usual mediocre pace.

Last edited:
From my perspective, the Eifel(Kart) tracks force me to produce a stable, balanced tune for the car I've selected. 99.9% of the time, I see my times improve on other courses with that car after I've found a tune which works for the Eifel(Kart) tracks. EDIT: Advertising for Eifel--> "If it can win at Eifel, it'll win em all!"👍

I've been following everyone's suggestions and have tried almost every car I can find. I've tried every tuning combination possible, even gearing down to 92mph. The European Hot hatch Championship is Total BS. What were they thinking? I enjoy the seasonal events since the rest of the game has become incredibly boring. I really should have some chance using my little Sony hand controller. It's very frustrating when GT produces events like this which are so amazing ridiculous.

I've been following everyone's suggestions and have tried almost every car I can find. I've tried every tuning combination possible, even gearing down to 92mph. The European Hot hatch Championship is Total BS. What were they thinking? I enjoy the seasonal events since the rest of the game has become incredibly boring. I really should have some chance using my little Sony hand controller. It's very frustrating when GT produces events like this which are so amazing ridiculous.

Welcome to GTPlanet!:gtpflag::cheers:

What cars have you tried?

If all else fails, buy a new Lotus Elise 111R as mentioned by Rit👍

Even if its not exactly a hot hatch!:sly:;)

Rit
The Lotus Elise 111R will probably be the car everyone heads to when all else fails. Most racers will have no problems with any of these tracks if they choose to go that route. 👍

If you give the Lotus Elise a bit of a tune, its easily possible to win most races with the PP value lowered to around 400-405 to help scoop up the credits.:) Its even possible to beat the Mini Cooper if you get a lineup with the Mini Cooper starting on pole.:nervous:

Good luck!
GTsail

Last edited:

Try a Golf RM. it's my fallback car for this type of event.

I wonder if PD got bored and decided if it has a hatch on the car it's a hatchback. Therefore: since most cars have the gas door (technically a "hatch") and a rear (or "back") section of the car, then that must mean it's a hatchback!

renault clio renault sport v6 24v '00 (stock car).....only change the final gear

easy win all races

Another easy car to win this seasonal is the Audi TTS Coupe 09 from the NCD.

This tune will come 1st very easily on every track.

Power 227bhp Weight 1300kgs PP is 430pp.

Front Aero Part A
Chassis weight reduction stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Botnnet
FC Trans
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-racing Flywheel
FC LCD
Torq Dist Centre Diff
Carbon Prop Shaft
FC Suspension

RH -5 / 0
Spring 10.5 / 9.0
Dampers Ext 6 / 6
Dampers Comp 5 / 5
Anti-Roll 2 / 4
Camber Angle 1.8 / 1.2
Toe -0.08 / 0.06

LSD
8 / 10
10 / 14
5 / 8

BB 7/5

Add ballast 127kg @ position 50 (giving a 53/47 balance)
Power Level 86.5% @ around 50 miles run in,
Torq Dist set at (Front) 35 / (Rear) 65

Gearing

Reset Gears. Set final gear to 5500
Lower speed to lowest setting in box below
1st gear 2.386
2nd 1.868
3rd 1.499
4th 1.235
5th 1.048
6th 0.915

then set final gear for the top speed required.
Mine is set at 3.515 (TS 180mph)

Denz3b
I used the Audi TT 3.2 quattro 07 from the ncd. Added clutch twin plate, semi racing flywheel and the adjustable transmission (lowered top speed to 124). Won all with no real problems.

If the Mini 07 was the lead car I reloaded as I found it uncatchable in Madrid. It won by over 10 seconds!

Like you said,i used audi tt 3.2 quattro,and it won flawlessly on eifel kart.thank you very much.

Used the Elise 111R for the kart was pretty easy.
Used the Clio REnault sport v6 for everything else. Make sure you turn off driving controls. Make lots of smoke, enjoy.

Any tunes for Autumn ring and Madrid.

Used BMW M3 got 2nd in Autumn nd 3rd in Madrid.

I got 1st at Autumn Ring and Nürburgring with a 120d beemer spiced up to 42xPP by intake/exhaust upgrades, no tuning except the clutch and driveshaft, haven't managed to catch the top 3 at Madrid and not even tried the 2 last one yet ;)

A fun car to use is the Audi TT Coupe 3.2 Quattro '03 from the NCD.

The tune below got me gold easily on all tracks;

Power 235bhp Weight 1325kgs PP is 430pp.

Chassis weight reduction stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Botnnet
FC Trans
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-racing Flywheel
FC LCD
Torq Dist Centre Diff
Carbon Prop Shaft
FC Suspension

RH -5 / 0
Spring 10.0 / 11.0
Dampers Ext 5 / 5
Dampers Comp 4 / 4
Anti-Roll 2 / 3
Camber Angle 2.4 / 1.8
Toe -0.02 / 0.02

LSD
8 / 10
12 / 16
5 / 8

BB 7/5

Add ballast 94kg @ position 50 (giving a 52/48 balance)
Power Level 96.0%
Torq Dist set at (Front) 30 / (Rear) 70

Gearing

Reset Gears. Set final gear to 5000
Lower speed to lowest setting in box below
1st gear 2.530
2nd 1.977
3rd 1.590
4th 1.309
5th 1.111
6th 0.970

then set final gear for the top speed required. (I set mine at 3.160 which is max speed 180mph)

I cant g'et the 3rd gear to match yours?

What all the average laptimes for the Autumn Ring Reverse? My best was 43.197 but I average 44.xxx unless I make a mistake and its 45.xxx/46.xxx Best finish has been fourth using a VW Scirroco R '10 with full suspension at 430pp with 76% reduced power.

Some of the suggested cars are not even in my used car dealerships, on the disc or online.

I am suffering the most in the middle sector it seems, only about .5 to .6 faster than the leaders while I am over a second faster in sector one and sector three.

Suggestions?

dj4monie
What all the average laptimes for the Autumn Ring Reverse? My best was 43.197 but I average 44.xxx unless I make a mistake and its 45.xxx/46.xxx Best finish has been fourth using a VW Scirroco R '10 with full suspension at 430pp with 76% reduced power.

Some of the suggested cars are not even in my used car dealerships, on the disc or online.

I am suffering the most in the middle sector it seems, only about .5 to .6 faster than the leaders while I am over a second faster in sector one and sector three.

Suggestions?

Use the Audi 3.2 quattro and lower the top speed to the slowest. It should walk it.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy another car. I am going to assume the broad torque of the V6 helps in the middle sector?

I use the controller as well and have found this event very difficult. I've tried the lotus elise, the audi tt, the m3, and other actual hot hatches and can't crack the top 3.

I haven't given up hope. I've been able to overcome the deficit of using the controller in most other events, but this one has been a real pain.

I used the Audi TT 3.2 quattro 07 from the ncd. Added clutch twin plate, semi racing flywheel and the adjustable transmission (lowered top speed to 124). Won all with no real problems.

If the Mini 07 was the lead car I reloaded as I found it uncatchable in Madrid. It won by over 10 seconds!

I beat the event using the Audi TT suggested by Denz3b, with a DualShock3 and Automatic Transmission with no problems.

Here are some lap times needed to gold:

Autumn Mini 0:44.7
N'ring GP 1:47.6
Madrid 1:44.3
Top Gear 1:26.1
Eifel 0:52.1

Vauxhall VX220 with mods was good but needed a de-tuned Audi S4 '03 to win Eifel, need some power to make up that rabbit head start.

Vauxhall VX220 with mods was good but needed a de-tuned Audi S4 '03 to win Eifel, need some power to make up that rabbit head start.

Thanks this helps a ton. My best lap in the is 43.71 When I finished 4th it was mostly mid 44's with one 45.xx which likely was the lap that I couldn't catch the leaders.

I pass people and still turn 44's so they aren't holding me up.

No margin for error though. I think I'll do some more tweaking.

This was helpful. Finally got it. All but eifel. I just don't know if I can swing that 52.

I've been driving that Merc 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II '91. I know the car can do it. I just can't seem to get my times down on eifel.

Last edited:
This was helpful. Finally got it. All but eifel. I just don't know if I can swing that 52.

I've been driving that Merc 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II '91. I know the car can do it. I just can't seem to get my times down on eifel.

How you using the MB 190 Evo when its European for sure, but not a "Hot Hatch"?

lol

Back