• Thread starter shepzki
  • 144 comments

shepzki

-.-. .- -... -... .- --.
Premium
England
England
shepzki
This is an expert level race event using FF cars.

Tuning is allowed up to 430PP, and tires are limited to Comfort/Soft or less.

Prize is a LVL 2 Ticket. OCD has been updated:

(S) Volkswagen Lupo1.4 '02
(S) Mitsubishi MIRAGE CYBORG ZR '97
(S) Toyota CELICA 2000GT-R (ST162) '86
(S) TRD CELICA TRD Sports M (ZZT231) '00
(S) Honda ACCORD Euro-R '00
(S) Marcos Mini Marcos GT '70
(S) Peugeot 206 RC '03
(S) Vauxhall Vectra 3.2 V6 '03
(S) Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6 24V '04
(S) Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus '00
(S) Spoon INTEGRA TYPE R (DC2) '99
(S) Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74
(S) Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09
(S) Dodge RAM 1500 LARAMIE Hemi Quad Cab '04
(S) Vauxhall Astra Super Touring Car '00
(S) Gran Turismo Formula Gran Turismo
List generated on mygranturismo.net (edit)

Autumn Ring Mini - 7 laps - Cr.378,000
Grand Valley East Section - 4 laps - Cr.372,000
Cape Ring South Course - 3 laps - Cr.375,000
Deep Forest Raceway - 3 laps - Cr.370,000
Toscana (Tarmac) 307A - 3 laps - Cr.380,000

Note: SRF IS OPTIONAL

Last edited:
FWD, now this is my home turf! Cape Ring South should keep things interesting, since the AI is really timid in the Ring part. One of the other FF challenges included it, and I could win that race with my Integra tuned down to around 380 PP. For this, I’m gonna start at 400 and see how that goes.

Also, looks like it’ll allow my Sports Hards, even though it says Comfort Soft or less? I guess it’s not linear after all?

And now let the several pages of useless, off topic stuff begin because of something this dumb. (Yes, I do see the irony in my post)

Whoever decided to put that jump just before the beginning of the straight on the Toscana course is an asshole! I can never take it at full speed without loosing control :(

I'm quite frankly speechless, optional SRF?! It's a Christmas miracle!

Good on you PD, it only took 7 months. 👍

6th at Autumn, 6th at Grand Valley, 3rd at Cape Ring, 5th at Deep Forest, 4th at Toscana Tarmac, on first try at each, at 400 PP. At least I know my way around Cape Ring, which helped! Let’s try 415 now.

Whoever decided to put that jump just before the beginning of the straight on the Toscana course is an asshole! I can never take it at full speed without loosing control :(
What? Just... go straight through it. Easiest part of the track. Basically, just make sure you approach the jump straight on, and you should be fine. If you’re scuffling with other cars, just pull out for a bit so you can take the jump straight, then rejoin the fight.
If you’re going non-straight when airborne, turn the wheels so the front wheels are still parallel to the road, and they should pull you back in line once you land.

The drop-off in the middle of the turn just before it, that’s the tricky one!

What? Just... go straight through it. Easiest part of the track. Basically, just make sure you approach the jump straight on, and you should be fine. If you’re scuffling with other cars, just pull out for a bit so you can take the jump straight, then rejoin the fight.
If you’re going non-straight when airborne, turn the wheels so the front wheels are still parallel to the road, and they should pull you back in line once you land

Also if your suspension is very firm, or even very soft, the landing can throw you off course. You could try letting off before the jump, hit the power for take off, but partial throttle for landing. FF aren't as critical as FR normally though.

What tires are u using guys? In pre-race menu says I can use SS (in text) and CS next to tires symbol. In the race i can't use nothing better than comfort softs, WTF? I guess this is translation mistake (polish version). With CS this is quite a challange. I won with my Spoon Intergra Type R (430PP) at Deep Forest, Grand Valley and Toscania, second at Cape Ring, but Autumn Ring seems to be impissible :crazy:

Last edited:
Mini Marcos with extreme oversteer tune at Autumn ring. 8 seconds from win, but a funny ride! 3rd gear almost all the way around track, engine revving like a little terrier :D

Ugh, this isn’t like the other FF challenges. I’ve stopped holding back with PP, and after a dozen tries, I finally got 1st place at Cape Ring. Basically, if you don’t nail the first hairpin, or if you’re not in 6th place by the end of the first lap, don’t bother, you’re not going to win it, just restart.
And I resorted to re-loading the course till it didn’t have a Ford Focus in there, which would always get in front and wouldn’t have the good manners to be inferior enough for long enough for the rightful winner to catch up. :grumpy:

It didn’t help that I switched my setup to the pre-tuned 430 PP one, which apparently had Comfort Hard tires equipped and I didn’t realize it... and my first attempt with that was at Autumn Ring Mini, which I’d like to add to my list of most hated tracks. :irked:

My controller did survive, though.

This is like the license tests all over again (there’s a reason I haven’t bothered beyond the first two). Lots of frustration and resentment throughout, and the feeling on winning is less :D and more :indiff:.

I suppose it does help focus on how to actually be faster. For example, I think sliding doesn’t help, whether in braking (one thing I tried to compress long braking zones was flooring the brakes to leave a lot of speed on the tarmac in a hurry, then release, let it get traction again, then brake conventionally) or in cornering. That it’s best to brake firmly but without skidding, let the fronts squeeze out every drop of traction as you push against the turn, go a little past the apex (to get more turning done) and quickly hurry out. Basically, muscle your way through rather than trying to thrash through. Not as sexy as sliding, but the bottom line seems to be better.

So, you basically have to be twice as good as the pack leader just to get 2nd place. I suppose this helps you go beyond twice as good?

One down, four to go.

I'm struggling with Autumn Ring Mini. On my first try with a Honda CR-Z I was only a second off the leader crossing the finish. Now though, I'm using the Integra Type R DC2 from the OCD and I'm, quite frankly, miles behind. Some of the opponents are a lot faster than others.

What car would you guys recommend?

Last edited:
As an FR hooligan I've been having a lovely time with this seasonal *grits teeth*

After a great deal of trial and error I've managed to get this car more to my liking so I figured I'd share it with everyone here in case it could save someone else some bother.

TRD: Celica TRD Sports M (ZZT231) '00 (OCD)

225 BHP
1140 kg

Parts Installed

Rigidity Improvement
Sports ECU
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Exhaust
6 Speed Close-Ratio Transmission
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Fully Customisable LSD
Suspension - Fully Customisable Kit

Settings:

Ballast

Aero
0 5 (This was mostly just for kicks, really don't think you need a wing and not having one would give room for weight loss or more power)

Suspension

-35 Ride Height -35
8.4 Spring Rate 7.2
3 Dampers (Ext) 3
2 Dampers (Com) 2
3 Anti-Roll Bars 5

0.8 Camber 0.3
0.06 Toe 0.00

L.S.D

Brake Balance
6 8 (8 10 worked for me as well)

I don't know if this will help anyone but this is the tune I used, I'm sure an FF expert will smack me upside the head for how bad it probably is compared to the true potential of the car :lol:

I finished this ok. Used Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 06. Added non pp increasing bits, lowered top speed to 143mph, added ballast to reduce pp to 430.

A couple of races took more than one try, usually if the Integra or Civic Type R were in 1st!

As an FR hooligan I've been having a lovely time with this seasonal *grits teeth*
If it helps, there’s probably FR and 4WD seasonals on the way, and then I’ll be having a “lovely time” with the FR one, even more than this one! :lol:

I don't know if this will help anyone but this is the tune I used, I'm sure an FF expert will smack me upside the head for how bad it probably is compared to the true potential of the car :lol:
Perhaps, but more important is the true potential of the car given its driver.

That said, if you’re coming at this from an FR perspective, maybe some outward toe on the front wheels might help it turn more lively-like, if needed? FF tends to be stable to begin with, so inward toe will just magnify that.

That rearward brake balance should help kick the back end out when braking into turns, which then works kinda like a RWD powerslide, except you maintain it with the brakes rather than the throttle; when you’re ready to go, hit the throttle and the fronts will pull the car back into line.
Lots of fun doing that! But in general, FFs don’t want to slide. A more “native” FF style is an equal or frontward brake balance, which keeps it stable when braking and lets you brake more aggressively when the braking zone extends before the turn-in point (like with a hairpin).
I use equal balance (5/5) myself, but I experimented with 5/7 a while back to see if it’d help with tire wear distribution (which it does), and came across this “brakesliding” by accident.

In fact, looking over my Integra’s suspension now, I still see vestiges of that setup there, such as rear-favoring ride height and spring rate to compensate for the back end’s slipperiness with rear-favoring brake balance (since that can make it unstable when braking, which was getting on my nerves after a while). I should probably fix that... :ouch:

If it helps, there’s probably FR and 4WD seasonals on the way, and then I’ll be having a “lovely time” with the FR one, even more than this one! :lol:

Perhaps, but more important is the true potential of the car given its driver.

That said, if you’re coming at this from an FR perspective, maybe some outward toe on the front wheels might help it turn more lively-like, if needed? FF tends to be stable to begin with, so inward toe will just magnify that.

That rearward brake balance should help kick the back end out when braking into turns, which then works kinda like a RWD powerslide, except you maintain it with the brakes rather than the throttle; when you’re ready to go, hit the throttle and the fronts will pull the car back into line.
Lots of fun doing that! But in general, FFs don’t want to slide. A more “native” FF style is an equal or frontward brake balance, which keeps it stable when braking and lets you brake more aggressively when the braking zone extends before the turn-in point (like with a hairpin).
I use equal balance (5/5) myself, but I experimented with 5/7 a while back to see if it’d help with tire wear distribution (which it does), and came across this “brakesliding” by accident.

In fact, looking over my Integra’s suspension now, I still see vestiges of that setup there, such as rear-favoring ride height and spring rate to compensate for the back end’s slipperiness with rear-favoring brake balance (since that can make it unstable when braking, which was getting on my nerves after a while). I should probably fix that... :ouch:

This set up worked nicely in terms of giving a nice amount of oversteer while eliminating the majority of the understeer, I still had to compensate with technique and learned some things along the way of how to properly control an FF car - tuning the car to have oversteer tendencies helped with that transition.

The only time I struggled was in autumn ring where the overall speed was much lower - on tracks such as Cape Ring and Grand Valley where I can really throw the car in the tune really worked for me.

You and I should exchange expertise :lol: we're practically polar opposites.

Ok, I finally won Autumn Ring race.:ouch: Get 147 GTA, add some weight to reach 430PP, clutch and flywheel upgrade, max short gearbox. Cut corners and drive like complete maniac. Refresh to get Megane 2.0 IDE Coupe '00 on 1st and with times 1:45.XXX this is easy win. Good luck :dopey:

After a great deal of trial and error I've managed to get this car more to my liking so I figured I'd share it with everyone here in case it could save someone else some bother.

TRD: Celica TRD Sports M (ZZT231) '00 (OCD)

225 BHP
1140 kg

Parts Installed

Rigidity Improvement
Sports ECU
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Exhaust
6 Speed Close-Ratio Transmission
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Fully Customisable LSD
Suspension - Fully Customisable Kit

Settings:

Ballast

Aero
0 5 (This was mostly just for kicks, really don't think you need a wing and not having one would give room for weight loss or more power)

Suspension

-35 Ride Height -35
8.4 Spring Rate 7.2
3 Dampers (Ext) 3
2 Dampers (Com) 2
3 Anti-Roll Bars 5

0.8 Camber 0.3
0.06 Toe 0.00

L.S.D

Brake Balance
6 8 (8 10 worked for me as well)

This set up helped me, it does suit my driving style with some learned adjustments along the way. I set LSD to 10/25/10 for better power out of the corners, and dropped extra weight (stage 1, windows), no aero, and adjusted the power to make the class. Could never catch the rabbit at Autumn Ring, had to wait until I got the 147 2.0 Twin Spark to get the win there.

And you get each place's allocated prize ONCE ONLY!!!!! Once you've got it, no going back to get it again, cash only.

Thanks mate 👍

Last edited:
Managed them all with a Civic Type R '08 and won a Silvia K's Aero (S14) '96.

That was at full power, 430PP.

I used the 97 (EK) Civic that I used on the Japanese 90's challenge and won quite easily. All I did was add a bit of ballast and change the exhaust bits about to reduce the pp and left the tranny at about 150 mph.

It's ironic that PD made SRF optional because I turned mine on (:scared:) to cope with the comfort tyres as I'm a complete noob and can't drive in game with anything less than Sports :ouch:.

As for me I would rather have SRF on and get unlimited prizes personally more paint is always good.
I'm using my fall back FF Mini Cooper S '11 it dosn't have the top end of the integra or focus but it's fun to drive. I'm using https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8321613#post8321613 its a 450 PP from Motor city Hami I just tuned he engine down to 430pp and set the FD to 3.160 for Grand valley to get the op end other wise it's his tune.

owned it easy mode with the Toyota Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '03

with FC drivetrain, LSD, FC susp. and lowered power till i got 430pp, downforce stock at 0 -10

adjusted top speed between 180 - 210 kmh depending track

didn't touch anything else so far

Won $1,936,580 using a Honda Mugen Motul Civic S1 race car '87 at Deep Forest.

380pp ..130hp ..890kg ..59.9% power.

And now it's good night all, from me.

Optional SRF, eh? Do you think that PDiddy has been noting that people like me haven't touched a Seasonal race since they forced SRF on? I'd like to think so, but somehow doubt it.

Anyway, Clueless Tunes on The Hill (scroll down for FWD cars) have a few FWD cars that might fit the bill for this, all 406PP on CS tyres, I can recommend the RSX and The Focus ST170...

{Cy}

Back