450PP Mini Challenge - A-spec

Will have to see if I can get the car first. Its a premium isn't it?

Just checked and mine is in the Standard section of my garage.

Incidentally it is a Mini Cooper '02, not the Mini Cooper S '02. Sure I bought it from the UCD during the Seasonal.

Perhaps mine goes faster because it is ....Velvet Red Metallic.....

If you don't have it I can loan it.

PS, I only have the mandatory SRF on and ABS1 and use the buttons on a DS3.

The line-up starts with 2 Mini Cooper S 07's then 2 Mini One 02's then 2 Mini Cooper S 05's etc etc.

Last edited:
Just checked and mine is in the Standard section of my garage.

Incidentally it is a Mini Cooper '02, not the Mini Cooper S '02. Sure I bought it from the UCD during the Seasonal.

Perhaps mine goes faster because it is ....Velvet Red Metallic.....

If you don't have it I can loan it.

Nah I'll track one down.

Ive gotta start on the nascar seasonal now. The races wont win themselves. Lol

Just to be sure my win at 349PP wasn't a fluke I just had another go, and after 3 tries I won again with 349PP. This time by 1.322 sec's, which suggests that 348PP could be possible?

And the answer is, "Yes it is!" Won at 348PP.

1st lap, 1.36.2
2nd lap, 1.34.6
3rd lap, 1.34.7
4th lap, 1.33.9
5th lap, 1.34.3.......total time 7:53.839. Best lap 1:33.9.

Win $ 1,233,050. Exp 118300.

348PP is 113hp, all else the same.

After winning this I found I had won a car for having a certain number of cars in my garage or done so many miles or whatever.
The car was a Commodore SS '04.
Interestingly my two adult sons both have SS Commodores. Vroom vroom!

Last edited:
Just to be sure my win at 349PP wasn't a fluke I just had another go, and after 3 tries I won again with 349PP. This time by 1.322 sec's, which suggests that 348PP could be possible?

Would you mind adding me so I could borrow your mini?

Cheers.

PSN is HanibalII

Have put the Mini online. Checking if your PSN name is Hanibal11 or HanibalII (two capital i's)?

I'll try and friend you with the latter.

It's now pending your response.

Last edited:
mini_zps45558425.jpg

Olde Mini can win Eiffel by a country mile.

Last edited:
mini_zps45558425.jpg

Olde Mini can win Eiffel by a country mile.

Great pic Stan, BUT, can it win Deep Forest @ 344PP?

My Mini Cooper 02 can.

344PP.

Ballast down to 1039kg, -1kg. 109BHP , 97.1%, and now using Standard Exhaust.
Total time 7:54.398. Win by 1.59 secs.

$1,260,150 exp 120,900.

Stock premium 2005 model is just enough to beat all challenges. It doesn't look as good as the newer one, but it's supercharged rather than turbocharged, steering wheel is on the correct side, it drives beautifully with no ABS... I mean, what more do you want? :)

I used classic mini on the first race which was easy with the full upgrades and a tune, then I just carried the event on with 05 cooper s maxed out. norwand did take longer to do and did try a 02 cooper before the s.

The record has been broken by MadMax, quote;

MINI ONE '02 (bought from UCD with 36k km on the odometer)

Added all non pp affecting upgrades (minus roll cage) + high RPM turbo.

Won at 108 bhp / 1154kg 336pp vs the first line up. (with 3x Mini Cooper S '07)

~~

I haven't been able to copy that yet let alone beat it.

I used a 'proper' Mini Cooper 1.3i for these at just under 450pp. I won with my own setup at Rome and Deep Forest, but used Hami's for the rest. Slightly weird setup, I thought, as it seemed to increase the Mini's oversteer tendancies. Once I got used to it I realised, with the SRF, you can exploit this to counter the understeer. Not always pretty, but it worked well enough.
At one stage I was struggling with Eiger, so tried Theo777's Cluless Tune on my existing Mini. This was more akin to what I came up with myself (though better obviously), but I just found the understeer too much (maybe I was used to Hami's setup) and traction and gearing not quite as good as Hami's on this track. Three attempts left me no better than 8th:dopey:
Nice to get an outing in the classic Mini without resorting to a new fangled BMW:tup:

:lol:
Any idea who *first* developed the new MINI? BMW owned the company but it was Rover developed prototype in 1997 look up ACV30,
I think it was rear engined and basically an MG TF under the somewhat unattractive skin!

Not having a go but, have you ever tried driving an older Mini these days? They are totally inadequate in modern traffic.
Stating that it's basically a BMW is, i think the same as calling a Nissan or an Infiniti a Renault! :lol: 👍
Edit: It's not *meant* to read like i'm having a go or ranting! Sorry if it does. I think the marque are to a great extent (largely) misunderstood and they really are great little cars.

Last edited:
Back