450PP Mini Challenge - A-spec

Which mini cooper is this referring to?

I bought a new Mini Cooper S '11 and did it up following the tune posted earlier to win the races first, then I started reducing power to lower PP.

Finally got down to all power options off and added 200kg ballast to reach 364PP, one below Cargo's best time, notwithstanding he wasn't really trying, ha ha.

Of course l had to fiddle with the ride height and I used the LSD Cargo suggested.

I wonder if there is another Mini which may be better at this lower PP? In any case I'll try another one later.

And Highrev said;

"Would be nice if they added a rank for the players that got 1st with the lowest PP. Give something to compete outside of TTs "

The only rank is here, which of course is just as good except that much of the world likely do not know about it..

To keep it honest I suggest always posting your PP, hp, power %, added ballast and total weight, total time, best lap time, gap to 2nd car, $ win amount and exp amount.

I'm hoping someone can help a newbie with Mini Cooper S '07, performance points and v2.11. I used Motor City Hami's tune with the final result showing 240 HP. 1030 kg but 451 PP. The PP calculation is off by 1. I tried exiting and restarting GT5 but the result is the same.

Can anyone explain the 1 PP difference?

TIA

Dunno why you're getting a different PP but it may be that your Mini is more run in than Hami's. All you need to do is use the power limiter to drop it a point or add a little ballast. Personally I'd op for the lower power over adding weight.

Sark

Not bothered turning ps3 on since SRF was forced on. Haven't even been back for TT's not worth my time or the effort of setting up my rig.:indiff::(

Dunno why you're getting a different PP but it may be that your Mini is more run in than Hami's. All you need to do is use the power limiter to drop it a point or add a little ballast. Personally I'd op for the lower power over adding weight.

Sark

Not all of my premium Minis were broken in.

I think my favorite right now is the Mini Cooper '11 mostly because of the looks. The '05 may be the fastest, but have been beating these using 400PP and lower so far.

Last edited:

Sark

I will lower the power.

Thanks,

Didn't think I could lower the PP much further than yesterdays 364, below;

++++++At Deep Forest using 364PP...127hp, 68% power.....max ballast = 1170kg, no extra power additions.

Best lap, 1:34.3, total time 7:55.514, won by .694sec.

Win $1,124,650...exp 107900...................++++++++

So bought a new Mini Cooper '02 as it is light and has reasonably low PP to start with.

Anyway, added 56kg ballast to make 1004kg, sports exhaust manifold, Titanium semi-racing exhaust, 123hp...98.3% power which made 360PP.

Won with that, $1,151,750....exp 110500.

Best lap 1:34.1 total time 7:53.324, won by 2.30 secs.

Looks like there is still room to move lower here.

I am not a bottom tier driver...i am saying yes there should be a way for the games AI to adapt...

I love close racing..when the game gives us races where all the cars are matched up well .. good Example: DTM and JGTC seasonals..those were a blast cause everyone was in basically evenly match cars.

Bad Example: The 650 Seasonals where the BMW GTR shows up and leads by a crazy amount

I used a 'proper' Mini Cooper 1.3i for these at just under 450pp. I won with my own setup at Rome and Deep Forest, but used Hami's for the rest. Slightly weird setup, I thought, as it seemed to increase the Mini's oversteer tendancies. Once I got used to it I realised, with the SRF, you can exploit this to counter the understeer. Not always pretty, but it worked well enough.

At one stage I was struggling with Eiger, so tried Theo777's Cluless Tune on my existing Mini. This was more akin to what I came up with myself (though better obviously), but I just found the understeer too much (maybe I was used to Hami's setup) and traction and gearing not quite as good as Hami's on this track. Three attempts left me no better than 8th:dopey:

Nice to get an outing in the classic Mini without resorting to a new fangled BMW:tup:

Not sure if this tune will work well, but it was done for racing at Deadnutseven, the car was tuned with lap time in my mind and also on Sports Hard tire, the PP is quite low at 415, but I think experienced driver like Lewis_Hamilton_ could win with it :D

MINI COOPER S Countryman '11
Tuned on Sports Hard tires

8539550112_bec5b4ccc6_c_d.jpg

Specs

Horsepower: 219 hp at 6000 RPM
Torque: 207 ft-lb at 2000 RPM
Displacement : 1,598 cc
Drivetrain layout : FF
Power Limiter at : 99.7 %
Weight: 1310 kg
Ballast : 0
Ballast Position : 0
Weight Distribution : 60/40
Distance Travelled : 0 miles-new
Performance Points: 415

GT AUTO
Paint : Lightning Yellow Pearlescent
Wheel Stock.

Tuning Parts Installed :
ECU Tuning
Catalytic Converter Sports
Titanium Semi Racing Exhaust
Low RPM Turbo Kit
6 Speed Close Ratio Transmission
Clutch : Twin Plate
Flywheel : Semi Racing
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Adjustable LSD

LSD
Initial Torque : 7
Acceleration Sensitivity: 12
Braking Sensitivity: 7

Suspension :
Front, Rear
Ride Height: -10 5
Spring Rate: 11.2 5.6
Dampers Extension: 4 6
Dampers Compression : 2 3
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 4
Camber Angle: 1.2 2.4
Toe Angle: 0.12 -0.15

Brake Balance :
6/4 or for wheel user : 5/3 - if good at trail braking ( no ABS ), for ABS 1 : 6/4 or your own BB.

Notes :

Simply drive it !! And discover fun FF car from Mini :embarrassed: If having difficulties of winning due to low on PP, do weight reduction and/or increase power by installing medium rpm kit turbo + racing exhaust or any other bolt on power upgrades to reach 450PP.

8539550102_111b8f3bc3_c_d.jpg

I used this tune, I even went as far as dropping my hp at 200 and still win with easy, good tune car is predictable you can still toss it around the corners deliberately and still be able to control it, much thanks for sharing your tune.

Edit: Ran on Eifel track with 399pp just for fun and scored just over a million cash credits and won by over 6 second lead.

Last edited:
380PP has been just about the right amount of fun level for me to still pull off the win and allowing for a few mistakes. Having fun with Cote d, Azur so time to start cranking down the PP level to the point of one mistake costs the win.

380PP has been just about the right amount of fun level for me to still pull off the win and allowing for a few mistakes. Having fun with Cote d, Azur so time to start cranking down the PP level to the point of one mistake costs the win.

Gonna try 380pp next and see where I land, I'm not a pro driver and I'm using a DS3 so it's a bit difficult a times to keep a straight driving line.

I used this tune, I even went as far as dropping my hp at 200 and still win with easy, good tune car is predictable you can still toss it around the corners deliberately and still be able to control it, much thanks for sharing your tune.

Edit: Ran on Eifel track with 399pp just for fun and scored just over a million cash credits and won by over 6 second lead.

You're welcome C-Losk, looking forward to hear how low you get down on PP and still winning :)

I see some are posting wins here at ever lower PP levels. I advise that I started a thread about a week or so ago dedicated to exactly that, lower PP's. It was titled;

Mini Challenge, Lowest PP @ Deep Forest. The following is my last entry, 2 April;

Very few have managed a low PP here I see, very few. But that's understandable because it is a very difficult feat.
I however have had a few more runs today and have decided to post my final win for this event, unless someone wins at a lower PP of course, but I doubt that will happen.

Lowest PP for this event is 349PP.....114hp......1040kg.

Best lap 1:33.969, total time 7:55.433 to win $1,226,275...exp 117650.

Incidentally that was in the Mini Cooper 02.

Lowest ive gone so far is 405 and still wining by a 10 second margin. About to go lower.

So I went all the way down to 380. See results below :P

I could probably take it down to 370. But on a couple of the tracks, that may be pushing it. On the track in the photo, that was the closest race out of all of them. (Deep forest I won by a 3 second margin)

Still all quite easy. I didn't have to adjust my driving style at all. Considering at 440pp I was leading by a 25 second margin, at the least. All lowering the PP did was making me overtake 1st place on lap 5 instead of half way through lap 3. So yes, Motor City Hami. Was still quite an easy race.

The tune I used was everything stock except I had level 3 engine tune, and power limited to 72% Stock suspension/transmission etc.

These races are so easy!

Nice! Mind sharing which track/tune you used?

I tried it on 375 and only just won on Deep forest. I tried the rome circuit in a '98 mini with 150bhp, and came no where close to winning...Not sure how you would've managed it in a 114bhp mini....(Even with a 200kg weight difference)

I guess ya's are just better racers than me!

Nice! Mind sharing which track/tune you used?

I tried it on 375 and only just won on Deep forest. I tried the rome circuit in a '98 mini with 150bhp, and came no where close to winning...Not sure how you would've managed it in a 114bhp mini....(Even with a 200kg weight difference)

I guess ya's are just better racers than me!

Happy to post my tune, I'll do so as soon as the boys are finished watching the Transformers movie, again.

The track is Deep Forest. As for being better racers than you, don't know. In the Time Trials I was usually around 3 or 4 seconds off the pace.

OK, Max power 114 bhp, power 97.9%.
Standard ECU
Intake all standard.
Exhaust all standard except for Sports exhaust.

No turbo.

Weight 1040kg, stage 3 reduction + window reduction.
ballast amount + 92kg. pos' 0. (59 41)
Height.......-16 ... -10.

Springs.......5.5 ... 3.5

Damper ext.....9 .. 6
Damper com....4 .. 10
Anti roll...........2 .. 7

Camber...........2.0 ... 0.0
Toe...............-0.20 ... 0.00

All Drivetrain additions.

LSD initial .......12
Acc................18
Brake..............10

B balance.......3 ... 7

Gears
Final ..3.946
Max speed 200km/h. (top reads 195km/h)

Have a go with it Hanibal and see how low you can go. Only come down in reasonably small increments though, works best for me anyway.

Last edited:
Happy to post my tune, I'll do so as soon as the boys are finished watching the Transformers movie, again.

The track is Deep Forest. As for being better racers than you, don't know. In the Time Trials I was usually around 3 or 4 seconds off the pace.

OK, Max power 114 bhp, power 97.9%.
Standard ECU
Intake all standard.
Exhaust all standard except for Sports exhaust.

No turbo.

Weight 1040kg, stage 3 reduction + window reduction.
ballast amount + 92kg. pos' 0. (59 41)
Height.......-16 ... -10.

Springs.......5.5 ... 3.5

Damper ext.....9 .. 6
Damper com....4 .. 10
Anti roll...........2 .. 7

Camber...........2.0 ... 0.0
Toe...............-0.20 ... 0.00

All Drivetrain additions.

LSD initial .......12
Acc................18
Brake..............10

B balance.......3 ... 7

Gears
Final ..3.946
Max speed 200km/h. (top reads 195km/h)

Have a go with it Hanibal and see how low you can go. Only come down in reasonably small increments though, works best for me anyway.

Will have to see if I can get the car first. Its a premium isn't it?

Back