4wd drifting club

• Thread starter SupraFly
  • 300 comments
Originally posted by GTR DriftMaster
aww yes now i feel at home, i'd like to join i drift a gtr34 R-tune and a gtr33 v-spec. id like to make video as i have alot of equipment but i also have 56k .

OOF.

-Vash

yeh hi i was wondering if this club is about being able to drift a 4wd using counter steer or if it was just about zore counter steer. I wanna join coz 4wd drifting is fun ill try and host my vid somewhere of my r34 gtr n1 vspec for all to see

Drift_Toy26
yeh hi i was wondering if this club is about being able to drift a 4wd using counter steer or if it was just about zore counter steer. I wanna join coz 4wd drifting is fun ill try and host my vid somewhere of my r34 gtr n1 vspec for all to see
This club is about the AWD drifters and lovers out there

I'm in. I use a fully modded Mine's Skyline with Mediums in the front and Normals in the back with the brakes at 14-front and 4-back, no TCS or ASM as normal. I have it set very close to being an FR vehicle with a very loose front dif and the VCD at 10%. Then all I do is use the E-brake to initiate the slide and around the corner I go. Most of the time I can get close to perpendicular to the corner while just kissing the rumble strip. I'll get a vid up one of these days.

Riplox
I'm in. I use a fully modded Mine's Skyline with Mediums in the front and Normals in the back with the brakes at 14-front and 4-back, no TCS or ASM as normal. I have it set very close to being an FR vehicle with a very loose front dif and the VCD at 10%. Then all I do is use the E-brake to initiate the slide and around the corner I go. Most of the time I can get close to perpendicular to the corner while just kissing the rumble strip. I'll get a vid up one of these days.
thats all wrong

How so? I'm using a DS and that's the way I drive, and well, it just works. I haven't really tried many other settings, but it seems ok to me.

Riplox
How so? I'm using a DS and that's the way I drive, and well, it just works. I haven't really tried many other settings, but it seems ok to me.

Ok, I'm not a big time AWD drifter. But with your current setup, you're not really drifting AWD, more like a FR with a little bit of pull. Rather pointless. You may as well driift a FR.

Also, using different tires in front and rear is conterproductive to learning good technique.

It's not needed to use the ebrake on every single corner entry to drift. You can use weight shifting in various ways to break the traction of the rear tires.

Dont' limit yourself to just using the ebrake. :yuck:

Swift
Ok, I'm not a big time AWD drifter. But with your current setup, you're not really drifting AWD, more like a FR with a little bit of pull. Rather pointless. You may as well driift a FR.

Also, using different tires in front and rear is conterproductive to learning good technique.

It's not needed to use the ebrake on every single corner entry to drift. You can use weight shifting in various ways to break the traction of the rear tires.

Dont' limit yourself to just using the ebrake. :yuck:
Thank you

lolz, couldn't say it any better. All I do in my AWD car is swing it around till start drifing... LOL sounds easy... because it is.... LOL, well to me anyway. I dont really try to hard with AWD cars. Its really fun till you break the limit of 90 deg. and go like 100... then you try to bring it back and then BOOM right into the wall.... =(
HEY anyone try drifting the AWD Toyota Celica? Its So Fun, yet so hard... it lacks a little power but you can fix that with some little changes to the springs and what not.
-TD

intelectualism
4wd drifting is fun.. i like my evo V =D

do you guys play with the VCD (i think that's what it's called) setting? do you use it at all?
check the depot for some of those settings where I played with the VCD

intelectualism
i was just seeing if most of the other people use it.. i do myself.. is it considered "cheating"?

Nope not at all. But in some cases people put it to 10% to the front. That's really not AWD drifting(in most cases). More like FR drifting with a but of pull. But no, using a VCD is not cheating at all.

thanks for the clarification.. how do you guys control your 4wd? for some reason to me full accel with tapping the brake through the drift feels easier than trying to control the throttle with a lil DS controller..

intelectualism
thanks for the clarification.. how do you guys control your 4wd? for some reason to me full accel with tapping the brake through the drift feels easier than trying to control the throttle with a lil DS controller..
I control a AWD like a FR, easy on the gas and little counter steer, some times alot of gas and no counter steer

intelectualism

Its all a matter of style, and how the car is setup.

i like to drift my 4wd cars

i recentally learned how to drift them without countersteering at all

i drift a

:bowdown:Nismo 4OOR
:cool: Black FTO LM
:drool: Blue FTO LM

i think thats it but ill check again

:) are sign ups still on?

Back