4wd drifting club

• Thread starter SupraFly
  • 300 comments
Originally posted by drifterzzz
yup u r right seito thats wat i do when i drift last 5 month agao with 4wd cars gtr-34 & lm imprezza ;)

Yes, you can drift an AWD car with countersteering, but it is redundant, and shows lack of skill. I think Thio would back me up on this one, if he was around.......... Watch some real life AWD drifting, and you will see what I'm saying.....

;)

Ahem, I did drift AWD IRL..Let me put it this way, if you're not countersteering, your angle isn't great enough. I know, I made a vid.. and when you go to 90 Degrees, you better countersteer..

i know it silvia i the 1st who seen his vids before he teach u how to drift its good & i like his style drifting m8 . ok i dont want start the battle silvia let we finish here k ;)

Originally posted by Seito4Counter
Ahem, I did drift AWD IRL..Let me put it this way, if you're not countersteering, your angle isn't great enough. I know, I made a vid.. and when you go to 90 Degrees, you better countersteer..

Or your skill just isn't refined enough... I have seen many AWD drift vids with sick angles, and no countersteering. You use the brakes to control angle when your at those big angles. It's not an easy technique, but it is the ultimate in skill........

BTW, I would be interested in seeing your RL vids. I can never get enough drift vids.........

;)

Originally posted by silviadrifter
Or your skill just isn't refined enough... I have seen many AWD drift vids with sick angles, and no countersteering. You use the brakes to control angle when your at those big angles. It's not an easy technique, but it is the ultimate in skill........

BTW, I would be interested in seeing your RL vids. I can never get enough drift vids.........

;)

I'm still around ;)

I don't seem to understand how countersteering is redundant on a AWD. I guess it depends on how the AWD is set up. The Skylines left moderately stock will oversteer a lot if it's not tuned properly, so countersteer is needed in that situation. Like my Skylines, their horsepower lingers around 400hp now with barely any heavy mods. Before, I tuned my R34 so that the car will be able to drift without countersteering. I totally agree with you on the fact that no countersteering on a AWD shows great skill. I don't think I have seen anyone else accomplish that goal yet, at least the times I have been on ;)

pergatory and I had a little discussion about it, and he said he would make a little clip. I wonder if he will still do it now ...

Anyways, I used to have a clip of my R34 doing Turn 4 on Tokyo without countersteer. I'm sort of shocked that no one ever noticed that skill when I first started out :irked:

Oh well :)

Originally posted by drifterzzz
wowww u still alive hehehe j/k ... miss u m8 .. btw any news or improvement of your drift hehehe:D

Yup, I'm still alive :)

I am planning on making another drift video, but I am speculating right now after I watched Jones1234's video.

Originally posted by Thio
I'm still around ;)

I don't seem to understand how countersteering is redundant on a AWD. I guess it depends on how the AWD is set up. The Skylines left moderately stock will oversteer a lot if it's not tuned properly, so countersteer is needed in that situation. Like my Skylines, their horsepower lingers around 400hp now with barely any heavy mods. Before, I tuned my R34 so that the car will be able to drift without countersteering. I totally agree with you on the fact that no countersteering on a AWD shows great skill. I don't think I have seen anyone else accomplish that goal yet, at least the times I have been on ;)

pergatory and I had a little discussion about it, and he said he would make a little clip. I wonder if he will still do it now ...

Anyways, I used to have a clip of my R34 doing Turn 4 on Tokyo without countersteer. I'm sort of shocked that no one ever noticed that skill when I first started out :irked:

Oh well :)

Yeah, I still have that Skyline vid, it's very short, but good. I would love to see Pergs clip, but he probably forgot. Since we're talking about him, he just might turn up, just like you did. Also, I guess I should have ellaborated a little more. If the car is set up propperly for it, there is no use for countersteer. I have never used countersteer when drifting AWD's, and I get big angles just fine. It just comes down to settings, and technique.

but I am speculating right now after I watched Jones1234's video.

Speculating? What's goin' through your head Thio? What are we to expect from the next vid?

;)

Originally posted by silviadrifter
Yeah, I still have that Skyline vid, it's very short, but good.
That's great to hear :)

I would love to see Pergs clip, but he probably forgot.
Yeah, I hope pergatory stops by soon. The forums have been sorta "off."

If the car is set up propperly for it, there is no use for countersteer. I have never used countersteer when drifting AWD's, and I get big angles just fine. It just comes down to settings, and technique.
Yeah, that was what I thought you were trying to say

;)

Speculating? What's goin' through your head Thio? What are we to expect from the next vid?
I got a crazy idea of working on a couple of 360s leading into a drift and working on some video editing to make the drifts go with the BGM, unlike the previous video I made, but I had some family matters to take care of and loads of projects to get done before Spring Break. Probably then is when I will start working on the drifts again ;)

Now that I think about the GTPDC, I have to start one pretty soon ...

Originally posted by Thio
That's great to hear :)

Yeah, I hope pergatory stops by soon. The forums have been sorta "off."

Yeah, that was what I thought you were trying to say

;)

I got a crazy idea of working on a couple of 360s leading into a drift and working on some video editing to make the drifts go with the BGM, unlike the previous video I made, but I had some family matters to take care of and loads of projects to get done before Spring Break. Probably then is when I will start working on the drifts again ;)

Yeh, the forum has been kinda dead, but in all fairness, there hasn't really been anything very exciting goin' on. I think most of the top drifters are just waiting for GT4........

I can't wait to see the vid, Thio, there has been a shortage of good vids, for quite a long time. I can't remember the last time I saw a really good vid. I wish I could make some vids. I've got some fantastic new footage, but without my GT3 disc, I can't get them onto my comp. :irked:

Now that I think about the GTPDC, I have to start one pretty soon ...

I've got to hurry up and get another disc. I'll be happy to judge it though, in fact, I would love to........

;)

ok so i made a vid, edited it then had a go at puting it on the web but ive got a 1mb limit so had to cut a load out :banghead: :mad: thenre compress it even further.

so anyway hopefully here is my ruf ctr2 drift vid... or at least 45% of it:(

enjoy:)
go to here then save mini abomination as. ect
http://uk.msnusers.com/gt3drifting/documents.msnw

hope the link is good because i dont know what to do if it dosnt work:embarrassed:

let me know please and any comments bareing in mind that everybody goes:eek: in relation to the ctr2:lol:

thanks

Muahahahahahahahahaha..................

Muahahahahahahahahahahah................

The carnage will be unleashed, in a few days..........

;)

i'm actually a MR drifter but i've been known to drift the tommy kira ZZII, that's both mid engine and awd, can i be cool like you guys? =)

as a side note i dont use countersteer in awd drifting

Originally posted by CT20b Drifter
i'm actually a MR drifter but i've been known to drift the tommy kira ZZII, that's both mid engine and awd, can i be cool like you guys? =)

as a side note i dont use countersteer in awd drifting

Well you cant be AS cool as me and SilviaDrifter, but joining is a start ;)

-Vash

Originally posted by SupraFly
Well you cant be AS cool as me and SilviaDrifter, but joining is a start ;)

-Vash

lol.... Indeed.....

I will be posting my new vid tonight, or tomorrow, and I will post a link here, for all to enjoy......

;)

Back