5/23/12 - A-Spec: 430PP FF Challenge

• Thread starter C_Raccoon23
  • 459 comments
Is there a lot of luck involved in winning this? I finished third with same prius, same setup (accidentally have bought stage 3 engine for it... at same power i am 287pp ) and 1st car finished like 10:13 seconds and on wardez' video he was 10:29 or so. Is it just the fact he made it to the lead faster, or did i just have bad luck? I always finish the race like 25 seconds behind.

Has anyone gone through this list and tried any of the other very low PP FF cars here?

http://www.mygranturismo.net/carlist.php?drive=FF&start=0&range=2000&order=pp_ini

A few spring to mind based on the W/kg level being higher than the Priuses, however, this may only be taking into account the petrol engine with the weight of the car, so its possible they are all blown out of the water due to that unfair advantage.

Anyway, assuming that has little to no importance, what about;

Honda N360 '67
Nissan PAO '89
Daihatsu STORIA CX 2WD '98
Ford Ka '01
Fiat Panda Super i.e. '90

I think they all qualify, however there may be more if you can't get the Prius to win at 282 PP.

Is there a lot of luck involved in winning this? I finished third with same prius, same setup (accidentally have bought stage 3 engine for it... at same power i am 287pp ) and 1st car finished like 10:13 seconds and on wardez' video he was 10:29 or so. Is it just the fact he made it to the lead faster, or did i just have bad luck? I always finish the race like 25 seconds behind.

Nah I think you dont need luck on this... I win everytime on my 285pp credit grinder :)

Lol, luck. Its 100% skill in this challenge, no luck involved. Keep at it, you'll get there.
On another note, what Prius are you guys using for Cape Ring. I wanna use the same car most of you are using so maybe we can have a sort of friendly competition between us all. Thanks and Peace.

Nah I think you dont need luck on this... I win everytime on my 285pp credit grinder :)

Okay, another question... Where exactly do you see how much battery you have? I've tried slowing down before every corner or so, but i dont know here to look for the indicator how much battery i have left :dopey:¨'

Edit: And the luck i was talking about was the massive difference in total time, on wardez' video AI car finished like 15 seconds slower than AI on my run.

Okay, another question... Where exactly do you see how much battery you have? I've tried slowing down before every corner or so, but i dont know here to look for the indicator how much battery i have left :dopey:¨'

Edit: And the luck i was talking about was the massive difference in total time, on wardez' video AI car finished like 15 seconds slower than AI on my run.

It's actually his B-Spec mood. When no-one's nearby, they cool off and cooled drivers are much, much slower. When you're on his bumper, he heats up and heated drivers are faster, if more erratic.

^^ Maybe this 👍

As long as you can finish the race in 10 minutes or less, you will surely win. I think the AI leader tend to finish the race in less than 10 minutes 20 seconds, thats how I see it after several races with my Integra Type R 370pp, finished at average of 9:5x.xxx and leaving gaps of 10 seconds or more.

I did it in the Toyota Prius tc Dlc car from the pack, just detuned it to 380 and does fine with 70 kgs of ballast ,but theres more in it for my driving and the car has no setup on it lol. have to try it with less pp and see how low the car can go with half throttle might be able to do 7 laps .
has anyone tryied the Tc dlc car & had any luck ?

Are you completely sure you're racing the same cars? I won with a 10:27 last night, though not in a sub-300 prius racecar. My stock/crippled Atenza was at 342 or so.

These seasonals are like any other - the AI's pace does vary quite widely depending on which field you get, as does your own path through them.

I'm still yet to see any evidence of the hot/cold thing outside B-Spec.

Are you completely sure you're racing the same cars? I won with a 10:27 last night, though not in a sub-300 prius racecar. My stock/crippled Atenza was at 342 or so.

These seasonals are like any other - the AI's pace does vary quite widely depending on which field you get, as does your own path through them.

I'm still yet to see any evidence of the hot/cold thing outside B-Spec.

So there is a small luck involved in how fast/slow AI cars you get, which was what i was asking.. Since on my try AI finished around 10:15-ish, and on the video it was 10:29.

and try looking for megane or ford in the first place AI

Yes luck is involved in getting a slow field of cars.

For Cape Ring I've been compiling race times for the various leading AI cars , so I can narrow down what cars make it easier to beat with super low pp cars. I'm sure my list isn't complete, please feel free to chime in.

Cars you dont want in the field include: (these mostly come in around 10:20 ish)
Acura Integra (all models honda included)
Civic type R (EP)
Tuscani CCS
Focus ST

Cars that are much easier to beat: (these come in around 10:30)
Nissan Primera.
Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus
Hyundai Coupe FX

Also if you end up with a lineup which puts the faster cars behind a slower one you can get lucky sometimes; and the faster car just might get stuck behind the slower car, making winning even easier.

EDIT: The lineup Shepzki lists below is aslo the slowest linup I've seen with the primera being quickest, If the primera gets stuck behind the Hyundai its even easier.

Last edited:
I believe this is probably the slowest lineup I have personally come across, while cycling the UCD earlier looking for cars to buy, I got bored and did Cape Ring against this lot:

Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus '00
Nissan PRIMERA 2.0Te '90
Hyundai Coupe FX '01
Volkswagen Golf IV GTI '01
Renaultsport Lutecia Renault Sport 2.0 16V '02
Peugeot 206 RC '03
Mazda Axela 23S '03
Ford Focus ST170 '03
Citroen C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '05
Honda CIVIC SiR-II (EG) '95
Honda CR-X del Sol SiR '92

280PP won, 2,161,040, ran out of juice halfway round lap 4 but car was still quick enough to win by over 3 seconds.

Am I missing something here. I drove a Prius 2003 model with 320 PP. I didn't drive any different in this car as i would drive normally. I finished 1st with 3 blocks of battery left I don't understand how everyone else is running out of juice.

Am I missing something here. I drove a Prius 2003 model with 320 PP. I didn't drive any different in this car as i would drive normally. I finished 1st with 3 blocks of battery left I don't understand how everyone else is running out of juice.

The lower the power/PP of your car the less efficient the battery seems to be and thus croaks quicker, should have used Energizers.

💡

i dont get it. -.- it gives more exp & money when using less PP than 400. But is there a difference between 400PP and 370PP ?

i dont get it. -.- it gives more exp & money when using less PP than 400. But is there a difference between 400PP and 370PP ?

The idea is to use a slower, less powerful car so obviously the less PP the more you earn as a reward. Is it that hard to understand? :indiff:

The lower the power/PP of your car the less efficient the battery seems to be and thus croaks quicker, should have used Energizers.

💡

Ah OK I just did it again with 311 pp and it still has 3 bars but it went to 3 bars faster than before.

If the Integra is at pole position, I have a much harder time catching up to him than when other cars are at pole position. The Integra definitely drives faster, but it's do-able. I did it with a Civic tuned down to 348pp. It's a fun race. :)

I believe this is probably the slowest lineup I have personally come across, while cycling the UCD earlier looking for cars to buy, I got bored and did Cape Ring against this lot:

Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus '00
Nissan PRIMERA 2.0Te '90
Hyundai Coupe FX '01
Volkswagen Golf IV GTI '01
Renaultsport Lutecia Renault Sport 2.0 16V '02
Peugeot 206 RC '03
Mazda Axela 23S '03
Ford Focus ST170 '03
Citroen C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '05
Honda CIVIC SiR-II (EG) '95
Honda CR-X del Sol SiR '92

280PP won, 2,161,040, ran out of juice halfway round lap 4 but car was still quick enough to win by over 3 seconds.
Thanks for pointing this line-up....will try to find it tomorrow although I'll have to get another prius as this one can't be detuned bellow 277PP anymore with wardez's setup.

Thanks for pointing this line-up....will try to find it tomorrow although I'll have to get another prius as this one can't be detuned bellow 277PP anymore with wardez's setup.

Where can I find wardez's setup?

VERY easy win at 344pp on the cape ring.. Spoon integra r dc2 '99. Due to lvl3 engine my integra cant go any lower pp and not going to spend more time. 1.4m+ credits and lots of exp in 10min. Is this the one to grind to lvl40 💡

Won Cape Ring by 7 seconds in an 273 PP Toyota Prius. :)

file0130s.jpg

file0132l.jpg

file0133r.jpg

file0134j.jpg

10 minutes 30 seconds .... I got third position on my last Cape ring race with Integra DC5 '04 at the pole, the Integra finished the race in 10 minutes 10 seconds flat ... I was using Toyota Ist 1.5s '02 with 340pp ... looks to me that there's a huge variation in AI cars in every race.

Back