5/23/12 - A-Spec: 430PP FF Challenge

• Thread starter C_Raccoon23
  • 459 comments
Seems to me that the lower the pp, the quicker it drains. Surely it should be the other way around? If you're using more power, you shouldn't be using up the energy more quickly?

Yeah, the batteries go dead after roughly 2/3rds of the race and you are left with just the puny motor.

I heard someone was averaging 2:00 laps with battery and 2:19 without it; is this correct?

...I averaged 2:03.5s with a 350pp Golf GTI Cup and passed the leader going uphill out of the left-right, probably the 3rd turn from the end of the fourth lap.

Seems to me that the lower the pp, the quicker it drains. Surely it should be the other way around? If you're using more power, you shouldn't be using up the energy more quickly?

I would think it depends on how the power restriction works on the Prius:

If it in fact limits the gasoline engine's power, is it the case that
1) The motor can't recharge the batteries as effectively?
2) The electric motor takes more of the load if the gas engine is cut down?

If it limits the electric engine's motor (i.e., only allowing it to run at, say, 83% output power) then like you said, it makes no sense that the batteries would run dry quicker.

I ran through it the first time with a 400 pp CRX and it was pretty easy. I won on Cape Ring by over 30 seconds and that was with taking it easy the last two laps after getting first before 3 were over.

It also was no issue on Daytona.

Now I'll go back and drop down some of the PP on a few other cars and have a bit of fun just trying to catch them, dont really need the money. I'm actually sick of just buying **** to keep the credits under 20 mil.

So far I've got down to a win at 289pp on Cape Ring. I took first place at the end of lap three and had a hell of a fight keeping the other cars behind by using defensive maneuvers into the corners, but once on to lap 5, I stayed ahead enough to win by 2.4 seconds. I've been trying it ever since at 287pp, but by then, you run out of battery just a little bit too early (well at least I do).

It's a nice pay out for a ten and a half minute race.

IMAG0108.jpg

IMAG0109.jpg

Anyone else noticed after 3-4 laps on Cape Ring the Prius actually looses power and goes slower? :confused:

I too wonder why they would do that when fuel consumption and tire wear is generally supposed to be off in these type of seasonals.

Here are my times:
Tsukuba: Golf IV GTI RM '01 - 380 PP - 8m02s
Daytona: Scirocco R '10 - 385 PP - 5m16s
Cape Ring: Prius G '09 - 345 PP - 10m17s
Clubman: Golf IV GTI RM '01 - 392 PP - 7m54s
Eifel (Kart): Golf IV GTI RM '01 - 400 PP - 7m56s

I'm still trying to lower the Prius PP on Cape Ring. Maybe the Prius is nice on the other tracks, too, except for Daytona.

Ah, these times I've reached with a DS3.

Am I the only one who found the Eifel race very difficult? I tried to beat it a few times with different cars, couldn't even crack the top 6 each time, ended up winning it with a fully tuned 98 Civic(@ 430pp).

Which Prius is everybody using to get such good positions in the races? I used the one from the premium dealer and always end up being in last with 30+ seconds behind...

Which Prius is everybody using to get such good positions in the races? I used the one from the premium dealer and always end up being in last with 30+ seconds behind...

The one you are using.

Lewis_Hamilton_
So far I've got down to a win at 289pp on Cape Ring. I took first place at the end of lap three and had a hell of a fight keeping the other cars behind by using defensive maneuvers into the corners, but once on to lap 5, I stayed ahead enough to win by 2.4 seconds. I've been trying it ever since at 287pp, but by then, you run out of battery just a little bit too early (well at least I do).

It's a nice pay out for a ten and a half minute race.

Well done! What car?

A wet race would be nice,atleast these new seasonals have me interested again....im trying a stock tuscani ccs '03
Edit:had to give tuscan 10 more HP at daytona,2nd at cape ring in 300PP prius (sports ecu,semi racing exhaust,all weight reduction,power to 69HP) = $1,000,000.A lovely pay out for second,first is there but no clouting the walls :)

Last edited:
Since I haven't seen it mentioned yet, the Gathers Drider Civic Race Car '98 is pretty fun to toss around these events.

Can smoke Cape Ring at 345PP (I'm running 10mins10secs). And I'm sure far less is possible.

Why is this car so ''elusive''? I have 2 of them, and I think I sold one of them
:crazy:

I had two already as well. You get one from an A-spec event.

Interestingly though, I noticed something. The one in the new OCD starts at 545PP with more power, while my other two, untouched, were both at 540. So I bought it anyway, then did oil changes, and the the new OCD one still has more horsepower and torque.

Is it already pre-broken in or something? Strange.

The Eagle Talon currently available in the OCD will absolutely destroy everyone at Daytona with a PP as low as 382 (accidentally sold it before I could check to see how low it could go and still win), to the extent of "took the lead early on lap 4 and pulled away from the AI even when they were drafting you." I don't get how it is so fast, but it is.

The rest of them I used the Mk. 1 GTi at varying PP levels (380 for Tsukuba and Cape Ring, 39x for CSR5, and I hit the credit limit so I haven't done the Eifel one yet. Definitely could have chopped it down further for the Tsukuba one, as I took the lead just before the 6th lap even after an off-track excursion).

This is most likely what i will be using due to your description, how far where you ahead on the track and how far behind on the Oval

Don't remember how far ahead I was specifically but it was not a difficult win on any track except the kart track and it took only two tries. At Daytona I figured out after just two laps I would never win at 365PP in the Prius TC, so I went for a street car to avoid the PP loss from the Prius TC due to the downforce I could not remove.

I liked my Prius! I de-tuned it to 306PP at Cape Ring, it is fun as well, but I forget to blocked Megane 2.0 on straightway at final lap. Finally, I can handle my hellish G25 steering wheel right way. Jeez, patched 2.06 changed my handling. It made me frustration...

Finally got started tonight. It took 90 miles of trying but I won Tsukuba with a brand new premium Atenza, a model I've not driven before. Had to buy first level clutch, flywheel and suspension along with LSD and close ratio tranny for it, it just didn't seem to have the cornering stock with SH for me.

So close so many times, and so much faster the last time - I took the lead with half a lap left. I gained tons of time from my first attempt too. It was nice to make few million for 6 attempts or so, instead of maybe a half million like usual in cars like these.

Didn't think to check the PP, it was 370-something when I started I believe.

And now, the summary of my night spent going round and round in a lot of circles :)

My final tally for the night is Daytona at 373 in the Eagle Talon ESI that is currently at the OCD. Full ballast, all horsepower mods, suspension lowered all the way (not sure if this makes a difference). Power limited to 66.7%. Transmission set to 161mph, with 4th shortened a bit to keep the car in 5th after going into the first turn. All adjustments in PP made with the power limiter.

Had two tries at 370 (sixth, +:07.xx-for both), one at 371 (fifth, +:04.xx), and two at 372 (sixth, +:06.xx), all unsuccessful. One successful attempt at 373 (-:00.79). Two successful attempts at 375 (-:02.53, -:02.24), two at 380 (-:05.77), one at 390 (-07.83), and one at 420 (-21.xx, yikes).

The first order of business is to get enough power to get to the draft of the first car...you can begin to do this at around 362 PP. After that, the cars tend to bunch up in groups of two. The first (somewhat) substantial gap occurs between the group in 9th/8th and the group in 7th/6th - this seems to take around half of a lap to close while maintaining about a residual 146mph from the 9th/8th group. After that occurs on about the backstretch of the third lap, there is a huge gap of about 5 or so seconds to close to the top five. This seems to be the gap that really limits the power output. The first time you see the group, they will likely be split into 5/4/3 and 2/1 with about a 1 second gap between groups; this generally closes until the groups merge at about turn one on the last lap. On about every fifth attempt, one straggler in the 5/4/3 group may fall behind and will help you close (this was the guy I passed for fifth in the run I did at 171), but in my experience, you will not be able to close to him until the backstretch of the last lap, too late to make a move on the lead pack. Once you manage to catch the lead group at the end of the backstretch on the last lap, stay as low as possible and block your position if necessary.

Max payout: ~685,000 cr with 130% daily bonus...?

Sorry for the essay mates :D

Prius TC. No oil change, lowest downforce, 200 kg ballast around 20 towards the back, Engine Limiter 50% giving somewhere round 365 PP. Won everything except Daytona quite easily and around $4-5,000,000 for all 5 events I believe. Switched to a FTO GP-R with some ballast for Daytona, around 390 PP and won that.
Good tip, JP. With the Prius I won both Tsukuba and Cape Ring by about 15 seconds each. Collected ~2.2 million credits in 20 minutes of work. 👍

Back