5 free cars for playing GT5?

• Thread starter jakeBG18
  • 97 comments
See this:

Making 5 completely exclusive cars for playing the previous game is preposterous from a business point of view. All this needs is a small gesture, such as the one they're giving. Doing special cars willy-nilly not only nullifies any significance, but is also a big waste of resources.

I don't need to "see this" :rolleyes: as I was only giving my opinion, as stated. You have your opinion of what you think and I have mine....don't try to come off as if yours is right. However, I agree with what @Samus has just said above....that's all it is.

When I saw this announcement, I just shook my head in disbelief. I don't have a desire to return to GT5...that's why I purchased GT6. All that promotion says is "this is as good as you're going to get for content in GT6". Garbage!

When I saw this announcement, I just shook my head in disbelief. I don't have a desire to return to GT5...that's why I purchased GT6. All that promotion says is "this is as good as you're going to get for content in GT6". Garbage!
Read the post above yours, for goodness' sake.

Pretty lame way to get people to buy GT6, I have more money than I will ever spend in GT6 so I think I'll skip those events.

You know for me, this is exciting for a different reason.

In 1 month, hopefully Gt6 will have proper seasonals, like the ones that are STILL going on for GT5. GT5's seasonals were the biggest part of the game for me, so now that they're going to finally stop supporting that title and move on to their current one, I for one am hoping this means proper seasonals. 5 events every week with a theme, hot hatch, muscle car, italian super car, whatever, I'm just so sick of these individual time trials that give me 10-15 minutes of challenge maximum, this is about the greatest piece of news that may kill these dredge seasonal events we've had, since launch, on GT6.

I never bought most of those cars so I'll give it a go. I agree with Conza that I hope this means better seasonals in GT6 after they shut down GT5.

It's also weird to see people complain about something as little as a GT5 seasonal event...If you have the cars or don't want the cars than you don't have any incentive to play the events. Just like you've been doing with all of the GT5 seasonals for the last 5+ months. No harm no foul.

Here's a better idea:

Add the cars that are new in GT6 to GT5 and update the physics model in GT5.
Then shut down the GT6 servers.
We now have GT6 with course maker, b-spec, community features and shuffle racing.
Along with so many other things missing from gt6... Definitely the best idea yet. And funny thing is its quite feasible, if not totally impractical in Sony's eyes :(

Since no amount of complaining will make PD speed up release of major GT6 patches. I'm happy with a few free cars I don't have yet. Decent gesture.

I don't need to "see this" :rolleyes: as I was only giving my opinion, as stated. You have your opinion of what you think and I have mine....don't try to come off as if yours is right. However, I agree with what @Samus has just said above....that's all it is.
Wait... you can have your opinion, but can't have mine? And just because I have an opinion, i'm trying to rub it off as the truth?

So PD wants us to play the older game instead of the new one? Here's a suggestion PD, quit fooling around with GT5 and other crap and work on GT6. By the way, where's the Spain track that was supposed to be released 3 months ago?

Luckily, this is the send off for GT5 so after these events they will no longer fool around with GT5.

Wait... you can have your opinion, but can't have mine? And just because I have an opinion, i'm trying to rub it off as the truth?

Never said you couldn't have an opinion (in fact, I even said, "You have your opinion") but your little "see this" quoting my post makes it look like what you say is not an opinion, but like your coming off in saying my opinion is wrong and yours is right. There is no right answers here little friend, only opinions, like I clearly stated mine was.

Luckily, this is the send off for GT5 so after these events they will no longer fool around with GT5.
It is wholly possible that GT5 took a lot more work getting down than they thought. It's not like they can just forget about a game that many still play, being fully developed, but since GT6 is at the start of its life, maybe they thought they could leave it for a little while until they free up space?

Never said you couldn't have an opinion (in fact, I even said, "You have your opinion") but your little "see this" quoting my post makes it look like what you say is not an opinion, but like your coming off in saying my opinion is wrong and yours is right. There is no right answers here little friend, only opinions, like I clearly stated mine was.
"See this" just meant it was something i'd said to someone earlier, quoting it not typing it again.

And anyway, it's the point of an internet forum... you argue your point of view.

It's basically their last attempt to get GT5 players to buy GT6 if they haven't already.

It seems like this promotion is more of an incentive for GT5 players to buy GT6, rather than being aimed at people who already own GT6

How so many people don't seem to understand this is mind-boggling. Pretty sure the people who already have GT6 Aren't who they are targeting with this.

It is wholly possible that GT5 took a lot more work getting down than they thought. It's not like they can just forget about a game that many still play, being fully developed, but since GT6 is at the start of its life, maybe they thought they could leave it for a little while until they free up space?

"See this" just meant it was something i'd said to someone earlier, quoting it not typing it again.

And anyway, it's the point of an internet forum... you argue your point of view.

My God, you have to be the most argumentative 14 year old I know.:lol: I simply replied to your post and now you want to argue, again :grumpy: Ok, there was no need for you to even do that as I am perfectly capable of reading the whole thread, which I did and in fact seen your post already. And one of the points of an internet forum is to discuss and debate, not argue. :sly: And since I'm not going to argue with you, I'm done here. :)

My God, you have to be the most argumentative 14 year old I know.:lol: I simply replied to your post and now you want to argue, again :grumpy: Ok, there was no need for you to even do that as I am perfectly capable of reading the whole thread, which I did and in fact seen your post already. And one of the points of an internet forum is to discuss and debate, not argue. :sly: And since I'm not going to argue with you, I'm done here. :)
I'm concise, not argumentative. I was explaining, not arguing.

So PD wants us to play the older game instead of the new one? Here's a suggestion PD, quit fooling around with GT5 and other crap and work on GT6. By the way, where's the Spain track that was supposed to be released 3 months ago?
It's not really for current GT6 players.It's more like a small incentive for GT5 players to move on to the next title if they haven't already.

Hmm, well if I hadn't bought GT6 yet then these 5 cruddy cars would hardly be an incentive, especially after reading all the lies and failings of GT6 so far. It's for all these reasons combined that my game has been tucked away in a cupboard for a long time now and even the announcement of Sennas F1 lotus arriving soon wont tempt me to use it again; what's the point of just one F1 car??? Crap game.

I've never been aware of any other game series that rewards you for going back to play older versions of the series.

Imagine, for example, EA saying Battlefield 4 players will unlock new weapons if they go back to play Battlefield 3 for a final time. I can't imagine that ever happening. Only PD :P.

I don't even think the cars are that great IMO. Not sure it's worth re-installing all the GT5 patches that I deleted.

I'm concise, not argumentative. I was explaining, not arguing.
He's got his opinion, you've got yours.
He's allowed to address points in others opinions to try and convince them to see things from his point of view.
You're not, because he's telling us that he's not going to change his point of view any way so it's pointless. And he is the only one who has his point of view so he is the only one that could be affected by you trying to sway him, therefore your posts are meaningless.

I've never been aware of any other game series that rewards you for going back to play older versions of the series.

Imagine, for example, EA saying Battlefield 4 players will unlock new weapons if they go back to play Battlefield 3 for a final time. I can't imagine that ever happening. Only PD :P.

I don't even think the cars are that great IMO. Not sure it's worth re-installing all the GT5 patches that I deleted.
They aren't saying if you go back you will get new items. You aren't getting cars that are currently not in GT6 if you complete the GT5 seasonals. This is to give people who do not have GT6 the incentive to buy it, not to reward GT6 players for going back to an older game.
Other games have offered rewards for playing a previous version, whether through some in game credits when you start the new game or other means.

It's basically their last attempt to get GT5 players to buy GT6 if they haven't already.
That's the only thing I've heard so far that makes any sense as to why they might do something as lame as offer 5 low value cars that most people have already, or could easily buy.

Here's a better idea:

Add the cars that are new in GT6 to GT5 and update the physics model in GT5.
Then shut down the GT6 servers.
We now have GT6 with course maker, b-spec, community features and shuffle racing.
Great idea, that's a game that I'd wanna play! Any hackers out there up for a challenge? ;)

Somehow I think I read this wrong the first time.... so we aren't getting GT6 cars we can use in GT5, we are getting crappy cars which we can use in GT6 if we buy it.

That's not a gesture of goodwill, that's borderline insulting. So to celebrate your loyal support of GT5 we are going to reward you buy hinting that you should buy GT6!

Back