5 free cars for playing GT5?

• Thread starter jakeBG18
  • 97 comments
Well not much interest from me in this, but that said, I may do the events as a sort of swan-song for GT5 if I can bear to re-learn the GT5 physics.

I actually have all the cars they are giving away already, most of them already tuned, so I guess the cars I'll 'win' will either be sold straight away (if they allow that - they seem to only allow you to delete prize cars these days, not sell them) or filed in the stockyard. Like my spare FT-1. And my spare M4 Coupés.

Still, regardless of this event, if there is any light at the end of the tunnel, once GT5 is done, hopefully GT6 seasonal events will get more loving from PD.

Somehow I think I read this wrong the first time.... so we aren't getting GT6 cars we can use in GT5, we are getting crappy cars which we can use in GT6 if we buy it.

That's not a gesture of goodwill, that's borderline insulting. So to celebrate your loyal support of GT5 we are going to reward you buy hinting that you should buy GT6!
Well, no, they're shutting GT5 down, at least the connected portion of it. That's decided. Whatever they add on as "incentive" is neither here nor there, take it or leave it.

Well, no, they're shutting GT5 down, at least the connected portion of it. That's decided. Whatever they add on as "incentive" is neither here nor there, take it or leave it.

People kind of expected to get some GT5 stuff as compensation for shutting the service down after what it a ridiculously short amount of time especially given it's a first party title.

People kind of expected to get some GT5 stuff as compensation for shutting the service down after what it a ridiculously short amount of time especially given it's a first party title.
I didn't expect anything, but it is a shame that games have to die; it's nothing new, of course, but perhaps the community can step in, as they often do on PC.

what's the point of just one F1 car??? Crap game.

Crap attitude.

The point is you get to drive Senna's Lotus, if that doesn't appeal to you, then fine, to be honest it doesn't appeal to me that much either, but I'd rather have one Iconic car to drive than none, the mentality that if they make one race-car they need to make a whole grids worth ignores how restrictive and expensive it may be for PD to accomplish. Gran Turismo is not about simulating real-word racing series, it never has been, it's about cars, the Lotus is an iconic car, whats the problem?

He's got his opinion, you've got yours.
He's allowed to address points in others opinions to try and convince them to see things from his point of view.
You're not, because he's telling us that he's not going to change his point of view any way so it's pointless. And he is the only one who has his point of view so he is the only one that could be affected by you trying to sway him, therefore your posts are meaningless.
My posts have as much meaning as his. Not listening to any other argument isn't the brightest thing to do.

If they gave us 5 of the most expensive cars in GT6, now that would be interesting. But I guess that would discourage people from buying into thier overpriced microtransactions.

Everyone should have equal rights in expressing their own opinion.
It does sounds fair to let everyone express their opinion, but that would mean that CargoRatt has no right to tell others what opinions matter, that can't be?

It does sounds fair to let everyone express their opinion, but that would mean that CargoRatt has no right to tell others what opinions matter, that can't be?
If he's not open to any other viewpoints, i'm fine with that. But it won't stop me from voicing my point of view on the situation :)

They could have made 5 special edition cars for this, for example, 5 new steath cars or 5 new chromelines just for this event.
I mean how hard can it be to add some textures to an already existing car?

Am I the only one that sees, Complete round 1 and/or 2, To recive prize cars? (not in those exact words)
If so I hate the 'Ring for TT's, 7 plus minutes just to screw up in the last high speed turn and continue on or start over...

Am I the only one that sees, Complete round 1 and/or 2, To recive prize cars? (not in those exact words)
If so I hate the 'Ring for TT's, 7 plus minutes just to screw up in the last high speed turn and continue on or start over...

You only need to receive the bronze trophy to be eligible to receive the prize cars, and that requires a 9:40 or something. Just take it easy on the corners. :)

Took three laps (was not pushing hard enough on the first one and messed up a corner on the 2nd one), but I was able to achieve a 8.43. about 147 corners and 43 close calls later.

VBR
If they gave us 5 of the most expensive cars in GT6, now that would be interesting. But I guess that would discourage people from buying into thier overpriced microtransactions.

I think most people are already discouraged to do that.

Well I went back and did the final events and, you know what? GT5 sucked (if you ever played GT3 or GT4), but it looks and feels and SOUNDS better than GT6. I can't tell y'all what a relief it was to NOT hear GT6's constant tire (tyre) squeal. I sure hope PD fixes the GT6 tire squeal thing in a future update. Can't believe that sound design made it to production. sheesh.

I noticed the grip/squeal difference rightaway. But then I didn't really pay attention to tire compound so I figure I'd better not comment on it. I also couldn't remember if I adjusted sound effects down and I'm not going back to check.

I noticed the grip/squeal difference rightaway. But then I didn't really pay attention to tire compound so I figure I'd better not comment on it. I also couldn't remember if I adjusted sound effects down and I'm not going back to check.
Race Hard tires on both, and they felt stuck like glue. A very different driving feel, compared to 6.

Between June 2nd , 2014 11:00pm PST and June 29 8:00pm PST

You see that this is not for us already playing gt6 nor just to make people buy GT6 - but to make people actually buy GT6 before June 29.. They are trying to make more people buy GT6 sooner. I wellcome everyone to the online world of GT6. :gtpflag:

Just hope they would add some special livery (like in the gt5 academy seasonal) - a windscreen sticker "thanks for buying GT6 - SUCKER" or "I LUV GT5" -license plate.. :D:tup:

I wondered that too, I hate the ring, and I don't feel like doing it, however I did gold Top Gear though.

Don't get me wrong, I can see why people are annoyed with the choice of cars and their reasonings, but at the same time, from an objective point of view, they are some free cars to toy around with.

Admittedly, a system like Forza Horizon's old save bonuses would have been better; the newer game tracks your A-Spec/B-Spec levels and rewards cars based on how high you are. The higher the level, the more and fancier the cars you get. That, along with those other 5 would have been decent, but alas, I'm not complaining either way. :)

Well I went back and did the final events and, you know what? GT5 sucked (if you ever played GT3 or GT4), but it looks and feels and SOUNDS better than GT6. I can't tell y'all what a relief it was to NOT hear GT6's constant tire (tyre) squeal. I sure hope PD fixes the GT6 tire squeal thing in a future update. Can't believe that sound design made it to production. sheesh.

I thought GT5 felt much worse, not better. And I missed the lack of tire squeal. In the absence of feedback from the car's motion, the tire squeal sounds in GT6 are incredibly useful for gauging how far you're pushing the car.

GT5 is wwwaaaayyyy easier than GT6. I do miss the top gear track though...But I'm glad that the physics changed in GT6.

I found gt6 to be easier than gt5, probably due to the lack of enduro's but I am already more % completed in 6 than 5

I found gt6 to be easier than gt5, probably due to the lack of enduro's but I am already more % completed in 6 than 5

I was just talking about the driving itself. I agree that the events in GT6 aren't as difficult as the ones in GT5.

Latest Posts

Back