5 points of improvement you'd like for Forza 5.

• Thread starter sennafreak
  • 116 comments

sennafreak

(Banned)
Ok here's the deal, what 5 features of the game need improvement for you? Maximum you can post is 5 things, so no car wishlist or anything, only mention what you really desire in forza 5 apart from that.

1- Changing weather and night races (lemans in the dark for example).
2- Tracks: Spa- Monza and some classic layouts like imola pre-94 or Hockenheim pre Tilke.
3- Formula cars and races.
4- Endurance races.
5- A short history you can read of all the cars; like you have in GT5.

1. Weather and time change.
2. Endurance races.
3. License tests, these might help the newer players learn the basics.
4. More city tracks (Long Beach, Singapore, Macau...).
5. More creative Forza aero options.

1. Balanced PI
2. Day-night cycle
3. More real world tracks
4. Better simulation and proper fuel/tyre wear
5. Fix Car + Track innaccuracies

Just 1 for me I can think of since some good opinions above:

For replays where you can see inside the car, the driver would change gear properly, not just touch the gear stick - without sounding petty of course.

Just 1 for me I can think of since some good opinions above:

For replays where you can see inside the car, the driver would change gear properly, not just touch the gear stick - without sounding petty of course.

Replays would be my point 6; I find that the camera changes to often, and get's interrupted all the time with closups of your car with the standard replay, and you dont get a feel like you are watching a real race..

You don't have much fixed cameras around the trackside overviewing the cars going by, like you have when watching a real race.

Replays in GT are better, not so much changing "action" shots, but a smoother view of the action from trackside cameras.

How is this different from the FORZA 5 wishlist thread?

Here you have to pick 5 priorities, to keep it constructive and you don't have wishlist posts that size an entire page + This Forum needs some fresh action anyway ;)

1: Able to paint all wheels, rims and faces separately, as well as true white
2: More aero/body part options
3: Actual tire names, utilize the Pirelli partnership to create tires that look like the real deal rather than the same generic design for each type
4: Separate wheel widths, more wheels in general
5: Autovista mode for every car accessed in the dealership/homespace

Here you have to pick 5 priorities, to keep it constructive and you don't have wishlist posts that size an entire page + This Forum needs some fresh action anyway ;)

Oh, ok. So here you're limited to 5 suggestions while there you're free to list as many as you want? Gotcha. This thread is so win!
Starting threads for sake of starting threads isn't needed.

1: Able to paint all wheels, rims and faces separately, as well as true white
2: More aero/body part options
3: Actual tire names, utilize the Pirelli partnership to create tires that look like the real deal rather than the same generic design for each type
4: Separate wheel widths, more wheels in general

5: Autovista mode for every car accessed in the dealership/homespace

I could agree with the other two, but I'd rather see:

2: The ability to remover ALL trim and place decal material on ALL surfaces.
3: Tracks. Whether by the sale of a "track maker" or by way of DLC.

5 1/2: I do like the suggested 2 above, but would like to see some old school 70's Front Air Dams, Wheels Flares and more Rear Spoiler/Wing options.

I don't want Auto Vista, museum cards, factoids or anything else. They make Google for that. I'd rather they focus on the game than on history lessons...

1. Wide body kit / fender flares
2. More extensive aero options (diffusors, under body options)
3. More bespoke tuning options for engine management (boost levels etc.)
4. More tyre compounds - Street, sport, racing and drag just aren't cutting it. Since T10 is working with Pirelli, why not use real tyres?
5. Night racing.

More adjustable aero options. Right now, the Forza aero parts are the only adjustable ones, where in real life most aftermarket products are equally adjustable.

Oh, ok. So here you're limited to 5 suggestions while there you're free to list as many as you want? Gotcha. This thread is so win!

True! It's all about priorities and the rush of excitement, crawling over your spine of having to pick them. No need to thank me tough you're welcome :cheers:

1. Weather and Time Change
2. Racing On Dirt and Snow
3. More European Real-World Tracks (with bumpier road services)
4. Better Replay Cameras (the Forza ones are terrible compared to GT5)
5. Autovista For Every Car (I wouldn't even care if some of the cars were of a slightly higher modeling standard than others)

1. Balanced PI
2. Day-night cycle
3. More real world tracks
4. Better simulation and proper fuel/tyre wear
5. Fix Car + Track innaccuracies

Yes, especially Laguna Seca, it bothers me driving that track now because of how bad the corkscrew is.

Yes, especially Laguna Seca, it bothers me driving that track now because of how bad the corkscrew is.

What is wrong with it? Only thing I notice is my car bumps alot when I'm braking for that corner :mad:

I would like weather changes, day/night, endurance racing, tuning is not really my thing but I would like to see 'time attack-like' tuning parts. And maybe some sort of drift league would be cool, put the Ebisu circuit in there and I think alot of people would have a blast :cheers:

• More Realistic Interior Noises (i.e. gravel hitting the wheel wells)
  • A better replay mode that can compensate for the use of manual w/ clutch and not grind the gears and more fixed camera views
  • Better sense of weight transfer
  • Endurance racing but only with actual race rules, flags, and pace cars
  • Adjustable nanny aids ala GT's ability to select an amount of TCS or ABS interference (1-10)

Rally Tracks
F1 / INDY cars
Track designer
Better AI
my favorite Pikes Peak or Daytona Prototype vehicles

Better photomode options, more like what is available in GT5.
Day night time changes
True white wheel paint
Spa
more aero parts.

1. (Not for me but others have commented on this) when you buy a tune, or design you should be able to modify it.
2. Ability to buy a car online and gift it.
3. A few more curvy lines for making designs.
4. More old British sports cars, and make them competitive.
5. I'm one for more tracks, variety is the spice of life (like having a lot of girl friends)

There are a bunch of great ideas that have already been mentioned, so I'll just add one that I don't think has been said yet.

The option to drive with the top up or down on convertibles.

Please don't let this comment get out of hand because I am not trying to start anything.

But it is funny how each game has other stuff we all want in just one game. Can we just call it Gran Forza?

Forza Specifically:
OEM Rim selection (like GT4)
Easier way to search racing lobbies
Trim Level Selection (would be complex to create graphically but would eliminate having both an Axela and Mazdaspeed selection)
Night Racing
More complete/realistic circuits. (includes fixing bugs and creating better tracks...I'm looking at you Bernese Alps...)

3: Tracks. Whether by the sale of a "track maker" or by way of DLC.

To add to this, I would love to see a better track maker than in in GT5, where you can make your own terrain.

I have a 15 year old Links golf game, that allows me to build golf holes where you can make any golf hole they way you want.

Raise, lower land, bend, widen, narrow, add water, bridges. If it could be done that long ago, what about today??

1. (Not for me but others have commented on this) when you buy a tune, or design you should be able to modify it.
3. A few more curvy lines for making designs.

Concerning #1, as long as it was up to the seller to allow someone to do so. That's one way you can lose a ton of stuff in a hurry. Imagine someone "tinkering" with your tune or able to re use part of your paint. Then they make their "own" version and start selling it. Definitely not right.

There's no way to prevent anyone from mimicking the tune numbers in a different car and using them. No way to stop people from reusing design elements either, at least not yet.

Bad enough they can hack the saves and steal them now, but at least there's recourse in reporting it.

Concerning #3, anything we can get for curves, pinstripes or partial font pieces to make fonts easier would be most welcome.

To add to this, I would love to see a better track maker than in in GT5, where you can make your own terrain.

I have a 15 year old Links golf game, that allows me to build golf holes where you can make any golf hole they way you want.

Raise, lower land, bend, widen, narrow, add water, bridges. If it could be done that long ago, what about today??

Or even roller coaster tycoon etc.

It wouldn't be as bad if they made tracks available regularly, but not having an either or does limit things quite a bit.

Not sure if Horizons is going to be a game I can get into. It seems more like an excuse to go nuts and wreck stuff and have a concert more so than a driving/racing game on a serious level. More so a just for fun thing, 4za physics or not.

I'd pay for a decent track maker, something you could layout the track, stands, scenery etc. It'd be worth as much as the Porsche pak, and I'd get a lot more mileage out of it.

One advantage PC games have over consoles. PC companies realized long ago a lot of people would rather play "with" the game than just play it. Keeps the money coming in long after the game is supposed to be done.

Consider Sim City 4 is still going since 02, and people are still making new stuff for it, or that Grand Prix Legends was done in '98, and has some serious user created updates for physics, Aero, different seasons and cars.

And some 530+ tracks... Like the original 10 mile Monza and the original N-Ring to name a few.

Imagine having the ability to do that.

Heck, can't even strip the trim off a car now.

Guess I shouldn't be holding my breath... :lol:
_

Consider Sim City 4 is still going since 02, and people are still making new stuff for it

I love Sim City. Over the winters I still play Sim City 2000 on my OS 9.1 'IMac' (Circa 1998)

As a matter of fact all 3 of my Macs still run flawlessly. Can anyone say that about their PC??? haha

Concerning #1, as long as it was up to the seller to allow someone to do so. That's one way you can lose a ton of stuff in a hurry. Imagine someone "tinkering" with your tune or able to re use part of your paint. Then they make their "own" version and start selling it. Definitely not right.

There's no way to prevent anyone from mimicking the tune numbers in a different car and using them. No way to stop people from reusing design elements either, at least not yet.

Bad enough they can hack the saves and steal them now, but at least there's recourse in reporting it.

I hear you on the tinkering and reselling. I guess I'm one who takes a tune, tweeks it and calls it done. There is always the other side of the fence, no doubt...point well taken.

1) Turn 10 committed to Track DLC as well as Car DLC.

2) Get the loud cars, to sound "Loud", even when they are not the car the player is in.

3) Dynamic time of day. 24hours of lighting changes, and the change is gradual and in sync with time in race, time of day or preset for specific challenge. This will keep each and every track fresh.

4) Player assignable control configurations, with the option of mapping free look to the D Pad.

5) Inner club message board, to track events, private seasons, club only rival events and even to track direct competitions with other clubs, w/o needing to go to a website to comunicate.

1-Better braking, I am still struggling with it...seems inconsistent
2-Improve the wheel painting feature, wheels DO NOT match the paint you sprayed the body with. Yes! True WHITE wheels!!!
3-More and better aftermarket hoods, snorkel and tall cowl-induction hoods are usually seen on the drag-strip and yes...on the street scene (not a fan)
4-Adjustable aftermarket wings and spoilers.
5-May be a wish but more tracks definitely...

- Revamp the career structure with more championship-style events
- More bodykit options and a better rim selection, including aerodynamic adjustment for non-Forza parts and widebody kits
- Improved graphics. Visually, FM4 is a very inconsistent game. IBL works wonders on the exteriors of cars, but much of what hasn't been changed over the years (textures, car models, track models, lighting on specific surfaces, etc.) needs to go.
- Better track selection, particularly more real world circuits. In my opinion, Turn 10's fictional courses are boring and they should stop spending time on them.
- Physics still need work. Turn the snap oversteer down a few notches.

Latest Posts

Back