5 points of improvement you'd like for Forza 5.

• Thread starter sennafreak
  • 116 comments
You said:

An iPad and XBox ..... That does not seem very likely. A windows tablet maybe

If you don't know then why not say you don't know?

Ipad works with the 360 and seeing as smartglass was used in the reveal of the new console i'd say it's a given it will be fine on the new console

- Rally Events (Honestly, if they're going to add rally cars; there should be events provided for them).
- Time & Weather Change implemented for tracks.
- Career Mode, make it similar to the style of FM2.
- Get rid of unicorn cars
- More tracks, Turn 10 needs to bring back some of their circuits from their past Forza titles while adding new courses as well.

Last edited:
1. Long point to point races
2. Fuel consumption impact for engine mods, along with separate fuel tank parts ( this is done automatically in the final fuel upgrade at the moment)
3. dyno tuning, along with fuel/timing tables and boost management ( damage system for bad tunes/leans, bad performance for rich conditions
4. Free roam on tracks with drop in anytime ( GT does this, so maybe this is a no brainer for next FM )
5. More Wheels, Aero kits, Racing Aero... gotta get with the changing times. Also right width at the rear in the rear biased cars, gotta correct that for this time around.

Those are my 5 suggestions... I didn't say night or weather because YOU HAVE to deliver those this time around

Being able to modify race length in Single Player.

In Forza 4, most races are between 5 and 10 minutes in length. That could be Normal Mode in FM5.

Add in some extra options for those of us that like longer races. Extended length should certainly be available (10-20 minute races), and Super length (15-30 minutes).

They could reintroduce "endurance" races in this way. Make them pretty short in Normal Mode, say 15-20 minutes. That probably feels very long to someone used to playing 5 minute races, but is still short. Extended length should take it up to about 45-60 minutes and Super up to 90-120 minutes.

This lets them continue to appeal to the casual, short race crowd and the hardcore, full race crowd without alienating either of them.

I'd recommend qualifying and a couple of extra levels of AI difficulty over and above what's offered now to go along with this, but that wouldn't strictly be necessary.

^^^ Nice one Imari, let's take it further... create/save your own events. Like we do right now online, but offline. Multi class racing, period racing, etc..... and adding them to the event list... maybe even be able to take those settings online and other players race offline with the parameter we create. It will be the next download tunes, paints, label groups and now races cooked up by the community

Imari, I had the exact same idea the other night! It's obvious that endurance races aren't for everybody, but a lot of the hardcore sim fans expect them. With the hinted advancement in tire wear, hopefully we can expect their return.

Imari, I had the exact same idea the other night! It's obvious that endurance races aren't for everybody, but a lot of the hardcore sim fans expect them. With the hinted advancement in tire wear, hopefully we can expect their return.

Great minds think alike! :D

I just have 2:

Better graphics - but I think that will be not a problem with the new XBOX (I am sitting very, very close to the monitor and have a flicker in fine lines)

Better wheel support (with my CSR-Elite I am not able to use all menues, which is very frustrating, but I think they will solve that because it is already much better in Horizon)

1-Endurance Race Events
2-Open Wheel(preferably F1 or IndyCar) Events, Cars, and Tracks
3-Weather/Time Change (All Tracks)
4-Remove countdown [the fade in/out sequence for starting line]. Replace with lights or flagman.(merely a suggestion).
5-Fuel consumption management and continue to improve tire[tyre] wear.

A less generic career mode... even GT5's supremely lackluster A-spec and Special Events have more character than anything Turn 10 has given us with the Forza series.

Rally racing. A no-brainer, honestly. Would help tremendously with the aforementioned point.

Day/Night Cycle + Weather effects, preferably available for all tracks.

Emphasis on bolstering track count... it's one of the main reasons GT4 was so great and GT5 was so disappointing. And fix that damn Nurburgring.

More in-depth and realistic damage. Wear and tear. Persistent. FM Auto? :lol:

The W12 is WAY smaller. Also just because the block can fit, doesn't mean all the components would.

The SRT10 was not derived from the Ram's gasser V10. Just because they had used a V10 in some other car, does not mean they reused it. Mopar racing didn't use the same block to make the SRT10, they started from scratch.

I'm sorry I'm not trying to be argumentative, I would like a "sim" racer to have realistic swaps.

It's pretty widely recognized that the birth of the Viper's V10 originated from an aluminum casting (done by Lamborghini) of Dodge's iron block V10 truck engine.

^^ Race diffs and race brakes upgrades can be applied to practically all cars, and allow fully adjustable settings for each.

Yeah great idea, they ought to have the real life and extra wide/large versions, both present.

IMO, to this day I think it was a bad decision on T10's part to make them wider. Almost none of the real life tracks are THIS wide in real life!

Ohh wellllll..... :banghead:

If the trailer is an accurate representation of whats to come in FM5, it seems that the extra wide jobs that they seem to bestow on real life locations/tracks will persist. The streets of the rendered Prague in the trailer are often at least four times wider than their real life counterparts; sometimes appearing to be nearly eight to ten times the width between buildings (for example where they've located the pit lane and flanked the streets with large grand stands, the resident Czechs have apparently picked up all of the buildings and relocated them further apart to expand the streets for this most joyous event through Prague).

If the trailer is an accurate representation of whats to come in FM5, it seems that the extra wide jobs that they seem to bestow on real life locations/tracks will persist. The streets of the rendered Prague in the trailer are often at least four times wider than their real life counterparts; sometimes appearing to be nearly eight to ten times the width between buildings (for example where they've located the pit lane and flanked the streets with large grand stands, the resident Czechs have apparently picked up all of the buildings and relocated them further apart to expand the streets for this most joyous event through Prague).

That's not a good sign. I really hope that they took creative license with the trailer but made the right move in the actual game.

That's not a good sign. I really hope that they took creative license with the trailer but made the right move in the actual game.

It definitely doesn't appear to be a 1:1 recreation in the trailer and I doubt they made a different set of less accurate assets specifically for the trailer.

Aside from the main landmarks, most of the filler buildings don't seem to be accurate models of the real world, but rather assets created in the general architecture of the area. Even within the main landmarks, there are some major discrepancies. For example, Saint Nicholas Church is depicted as being nearly parallel to Church of Our Lady before Týn (which has a large building missing from in front of it), when in fact, they should be, more or less, 90 degrees to each other, which has larger implications in how the geometry of the streets are laid out in relation to each other.

Last edited:
It definitely doesn't appear to be a 1:1 recreation in the trailer and I doubt they made a different set of less accurate assets specifically for the trailer.

Aside from the main landmarks, most of the filler buildings don't seem to be accurate models of the real world, but rather assets created in the general architecture of the area. Even within the main landmarks, there are some major discrepancies. For example, Saint Nicholas Church is depicted as being nearly parallel to Church of Our Lady before Týn (which has a large building missing from in front of it), when in fact, they should be, more or less, 90 degrees to each other, which has larger implications in how the geometry of the streets are laid out in relation to each other.

that's the kind of stuff i can live with, since it's a racing game and not a tourist game.

that's the kind of stuff i can live with, since it's a racing game and not a tourist game.

Some might say it'd be nice if they got the tracks to be accurate, since it's a racing game.

Likewise, if the major landmarks that flank the city streets are picked up and rotated 90 degrees, that means those city streets along which they lie will be skewed in their geometry/layout as well. This would be in addition to the widening of the streets by four times or more (which is not limited to this one potential track in Prague - i.e., Nurburgring, which is, for many, a major point of contention).

Some might say it'd be nice if they got the tracks to be accurate, since it's a racing game.

Likewise, if the major landmarks that flank the city streets are picked up and rotated 90 degrees, that means those city streets along which they lie will be skewed in their geometry/layout as well. This would be in addition to the widening of the streets by four times or more (which is not limited to this one potential track in Prague - i.e., Nurburgring, which is, for many, a major point of contention).

I'd like the real world tracks to be 100%, these fictional tracks I understand things need to be twisted and reworked for gameplay reasons.

Gameplay was the same exact reason given for the 'reworking' of the Nurburgring...

Nurburgring i agree should be 100% accurate. Prague, they're putting a race in streets where if it was a 100% accurate it would be single file and lets hope no one gets sideways.

I just hope they don't make it like the Bernese Alps track where you don't have to brake all that much as it's so wide. It is a great photomode track though.

I would also love to see both the Ring and Le Mans get completely re-done from scratch as neither feel right.

Nurburgring i agree should be 100% accurate. Prague, they're putting a race in streets where if it was a 100% accurate it would be single file and lets hope no one gets sideways.

No, it wouldn't.

Certainly, depending on which roads they chose, some sections could be rather tight, however, it wouldn't be overly constrictive. You can easily fit two abreast with room to spare on the narrower streets (a car width or so narrower than Charles Bridge, which has plenty of room).

If anything, most of the streets are just as wide as the Nurburgring (or wider than, especially if you were to take into account the sidewalk space).

The narrowest alleys (where a single car could fit through) are not for vehicular traffic - although they could just toss them in (leave them accessible) just for exploration/free roam/whatever (perhaps, alternative routes).

Last edited:
1.) longer wheels

2.) rear windows that don't make that noise

3.) to make brake discs other ways

4.) in-house height

5.) having light upon the steering

No, it wouldn't.

Certainly, depending on which roads they chose, some sections could be rather tight, however, it wouldn't be overly constrictive. You can easily fit two abreast with room to spare on the narrower streets (a car width or so narrower than Charles Bridge, which has plenty of room).

If anything, most of the streets are just as wide as the Nurburgring (or wider than, especially if you were to take into account the sidewalk space).

The narrowest alleys (where a single car could fit through) are not for vehicular traffic - although they could just toss them in (leave them accessible) just for exploration/free roam/whatever (perhaps, alternative routes).

No it wouldn't or certainly?

No it wouldn't or certainly?

No, it wouldn't be single file or overly constrictive, which is what you said it would be.

It would be more or less analogous to the width of the Nurburgring, which you claimed (and I agree) should not be widened.

Hence, the dichotomy in your statements for widening one but not the other for the sake of gameplay, which, again, is the exact same reason given by Turn10 for the widening of the Nurburgring.

1.) longer wheels

2.) rear windows that don't make that noise

3.) to make brake discs other ways

4.) in-house height

5.) having light upon the steering

I have no idea what you're asking in any of these 5 points. Is there any way you could elaborate?

Back