5 points of improvement you'd like for Forza 5.

• Thread starter sennafreak
  • 116 comments
Sighh...

Alas! A game that features over 600 cars, can't seem to get the handling right... this is a perfectly normal after affect, in a game that tries so hard to stick to such a ridiculously high number of cars.

I remember, in the original NFS game, there were only 7 or 8 cars to choose from, and thanks to R&T's insights, the game was as sim and realistic as you could expect from a multi-platform release of the early 90s.

I don't understand honestly, why devs feel the need to have so many cars in a sim, and not just focus more on accurate tracks and less cars, that handle and feel EXACTLY like the real thing. It isn't impossible, with today's programming tools you know.

I really do feel sometimes the tracks in Forza 4 are too wide, and just too easy to drive on.

Wider tracks to accomodate MP? Silliest notion I've ever heard. :odd:

1. Night racing
2. Ability to make steering wheel only rooms
3. More tracks
4. The game should recognize the car you are driving weather it uses paddle shifters or manual with clutch (I hate having to go in options to change this)
5. Better force feedback

1. More modern GT1 cars, Seeing LMPs and GT2/3 cars from 2010-2012, it seems wierd when there is that one GT1/S car from 199x.

2. More Group C cars, Gran Turismo 5 had a great selection, Forza 4 (With DLC) has a decent Group C selection, but it can be expanded on.

3. Fix certain cars, the Nissan R390 #32 should be a Long-Tail instead of the Short-tail 1997, I am sure that there are more.

4. Night racing, I am sure that the next Xbox will be powerful enough.

5. Better tuning options, have upgradeable interiors, steering wheels, Seats, gauges .etc . Example: Lamborghini Diablo SV = Could have interiors pieces (Gauges, Seats steering, wheels .etc) from the Diablo GTR, it could have the body kit options from the SE30 and 1990 Diablo?

1: Major PI overhaul. The current system places to much value on the perceived top speed of the default gearing on the car making it cost a small fortune to get an adjustable gear in some cars and free in others which upsets the balance quite a lot and makes many cars uncompetitive.

2: When selling tunes or paints the seller should have the option to lock or unlock the tune, paint.

3: Change the R classes back to the way they were in Forza 2. I hate having super cars mixed in with the R3 R2 and R1 classes, Forza 2 had a great mix of cars in the R classes that were very competive but now you can have a 270+ mph Saleen S7 in R2 and none of the real R2 cars do much over 200mph. They do not belong in the same class.

4: another option related to 3 above would be to use a race mod kit on cars when they go into the R class meaning that they must have a real race aero package, weight reduction,trans, tires and exhaust and the PI adjusted accordingly so that a car brought up into R2 would have similar handling, speed and accel as the actual GT cars

5: Fix the engine and drive train swaps so that they actually make some sense. There are several cars in the game that would have same with a small block Ford engine but you can not swap in a small block Ford engine even though IRL it would be fairly simple. The game lets you put AWD on a Ford GT but not a Dodge Ram ???? Not to mention you should also be able to downgrade the engine it there is a suitable one available as well as remove a turbo or supercharger without doing some glitchy method of buying and then selling an upgraded SC or Turbo.

6: Ability to add ballast weight as in GT

1. 24H day cycle and ability to drive custom time. From dusk to dawn.
2. Weather. Raining, sand storms, snowing, wind.
3. Tarmac, gravel, concrete, sand, snow, ice surfaces and mixtures of them.
4. More classic cars from 1900 - 1970
5. Fix tracks which are wrong (for example Indianapolis GP track)
6. Make custom button layout possible for controllers.

Not sure if I replied in here yet but the next Forza MUST have weather / night racing or it wont be a purchase for me. No excuse at all especially since it is coming on the next xbox console.

Current wishlist for Forza 5

1. I would love to see the weather effects from PGR4, F1 2011, or Dirt 3 in Forza 5. This MUST be in the game especially since its on the next console. Doesn't have to be on all tracks but it needs to be in the game.

2. Day / night would be nice on some of the tracks but it doesnt have to be on all tracks. But it needs to be in Forza 5.

3. Allow us to load our setups online like we did in F2. We should be able to grab our car THEN pick the tuning setup. Not tuning setup then dig through the list of cars to find the car we want. Thats backward and very clunky.

4. Fully adjustable seat position similar to Test Drive Unlimited.

5. Take the vinyl top of the 69 Camaro!! Or give us the option to take it off the car.

3: Change the R classes back to the way they were in Forza 2. I hate having super cars mixed in with the R3 R2 and R1 classes, Forza 2 had a great mix of cars in the R classes that were very competive but now you can have a 270+ mph Saleen S7 in R2 and none of the real R2 cars do much over 200mph. They do not belong in the same class.

You should be able to put anything in any class. And we need more tuning options to turn that 270 mph S7 into an identical replica of the S7R.

The problem here is arcadey lobby set up. "Bring any car, have a random track, drive for 30 seconds, done."

Forza needs real online racing that uses more than PI/classes to separate cars. CoD style quick lobbies are such a nuisance in an otherwise great game.

In my fm4 so perfect that it is all and nothing else to add.
1) is well modeled Nordshleife, and route 24.
2) the horn3) Long, scenic roads, 60, 100 km long. Targa Florio, Isle of Man TT, as well as made-up, beautiful track.And well simulated racing on the freeway, traffic-filled, car bombs and crazy overtaking. (In fm4 have traffic but it's too silly)
4) Motorcycles
5) Online mode, as in gt5 (custom route, 5 minute free skating before each race mode "Random Race" as in gt5 with a random car) and is compatible with G27 logitek
900 degree steering animation in the game
The buttons on the steering wheel Fanatek, for convenient round looking

Last edited:
Have a separate garage for online and offline, make the online component a completely separate affair. After that, make it so that unicorn cars are unlockable through offline means in single player, for those who don't play online or don't even have XBL.

Expand online component to be more campaign or career like.

Good suggestion, Eunos_Cosmo. They should also enable race options for single player instead of tucking them into the multiplayer mode, subscription required. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

1.) The ability to host a practice/hot lap session online with friends/community members (just like GT5).

2.) Allow cars such as: Ford GT, Toyota Supra, Corvette Z06, etc. to be able to make 1,000rwhp (just like countless people have done in real life).

3.) Bring back the customization that was available in Forza 2 i.e. ability to paint brake calipers, increase the diameter of factory/oem wheels.

4.) Wheelies (just like it is shown in the introduction video of Forza 4).

5.) Bring back some of the cars that were in Forza 2 but weren't in recent Forza games 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Guldstrand Edition, 2005 Chrysler ME Four-Twelve Concept, etc.

1. Day/Night and Weather changes in real time

2. More/new tracks, the full version of Rally Di Positano (or whatever it's called) would be nice too

3. Realistic performance for stock US cars, particularly old muscle cars which seem to be able to reach 150+ right out of the box. Biased much, Turn 10?

4. Endurance races and "proper" championships with a points table. I really don't get the events they call championships in FM4 which seem to just have two heats at each track, with an aggregated position at the end, and no relation to the other tracks or accumulation of points.

5. More "themed" events such as historical races. In some respects the events are more imaginative than GT, in others, a lot less. And please no more of that Top Gear bowling nonsense!

Last edited:
I'd love to see some longer and endurance races as well. Maybe a couple of championships with ~30 min races, and a few 1 to 2 hour "endurance" races on the more appropriate tracks?

I have pretty much lost interest in any thing related to the offline career races in Forza. IMO they should have stayed with the format more like that they had in Forza2. There wer cars that got unlocked and given as prize cars when you won certain events and gave some incentive to run them. In forza 3 there were no longer prize cars for events and no locked cars plus they added a ton of boring races so it took forever running boring races to get the 100% complete mark.

Forza 4 is even worse not only is there no incentive to run the races but there may be even more and the AI seems to be worse than ever braking in front of you hitting you in the corners and so on not to mention the way Forza causes you car to spin out when the AI brake checks you. It is so aggravating that I can not stand it much much worse than GT. Did I mention that the AI is also not very fast, even on the hardest setting the only way I do not lap them on the longer races is if they crash me a few times while I am trying to get ahead.

Also you got that stupid narration between races wasting your time trying to get to the events if you do want to run them.

Drag racing also either needs to be removed or changed a lot. Right now it is a joke and takes longer to load than it does to run the race which against the AI you can do by closing your eyes and holding the throttle down if you use the right car with auto and TC. Would have been better not to bother.

Forza2 not only gave incentive to run the races but also had a leader board for them so you could compare how you did with your friends and the rest of the world which also made it more interesting. So fewer races, more incentive, leaderboards and Forzas version of endurance races, much better than Forza4 and would be nice to go back to something more like that.

Rivals on the other hand is a cool addition I would like to see that expanded, even to the point a rival race for every class on every track. I could do without the lame track day events though. Those AI are by far the worst ever

Last edited:
1) Show actual lap split times, not just how much I'm ahead or behind of my best lap. Do both, that'd be great.

2) Really, REALLY shake up the championship races. I got burned out just by simply doing the same championship over and over and over in a different car. Some say GT career mode leaves a lot to be desired, same holds true for me in Forza.

3) No more 550 car garage limit! 👎 I completely stopped playing Forza once I saw this. Sorry but I love collecting every car in the game and having the option to drive one at the drop of a hat.

4) More tracks, loads more tracks. The car quantity in forza is fine, I'm sure they'll beef it up a little. But the game plateaued for me with limited tracks.

5) Update/tweak/improve the car physics to that of iracing, rfactor, etc. This includes getting rid of that auto countersteer and that strange issue where when you move the controller stick to the left it doesn't fully turn the car to the maximum turn in angle.

Just for good measure:

6) Add open wheel race cars, classic and current gen race cars.

Jerome

1. Personally I'd like it if they'd mix up the unicorns a little. Forza 4's unicorns seemed to be mainly Japanese tuner cars:

Unicorn cars List
01. 2002 BMW M3-GTR "Street Version" [Buy in Auction House]
02. 1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe [FM3 Profile Import if in FM3 Garage ~ Or buy in Auction House]
03. 2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia [Get via FM3 Profile Import if in FM3 Garage ~ Or buy in Auction House]
04. 2003 Ferrari Challenge Stradale [Buy in Auction House]
05. 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 [Buy in Auction House]
06. 2004 Honda Mugen Civic Type-R [Buy in Auction House]
07. 2002 Honda Mugen Integra Type-R [Buy in Auction House]
08. 2005 Honda NSX-R GT [Buy in Auction House]
09. 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera [Get via FM3 Profile Import if in FM3 Garage ~ Or buy in Auction House]
10. 2007 Lamborghini Murciélago LP640 [Buy in Auction House]
11. 2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type-A [FM3 Profile Import if in FM3 Garage ~ Or buy in Auction House]
12. 2006 Mitsubishi HKS Time Attack Evolution CT230R [Buy in Auction House]
13. 1993 Nissan MINE'S R32 Skyline GT-R [Buy in Auction House]
14. 2002 Nissan MINE'S R34 Skyline GT-R [Buy in Auction House]
15. 2004 Nissan Top Secret Silvia D1-Spec S15 [Buy in Auction House]
16. 2006 Subaru Impreza S204 [FM3 Profile Import if in FM3 Garage ~ Or buy in Auction House]
17. 2002 Toyota Top Secret 0-300 Supra [Buy in Auction House]

So out of the 17 unicorns, 5 can be unlocked if you have a Forza 3 save and of the 12 that are left, seven are Japanese tuner cars. As far as I remember the only car that could qualify as a tuner that isn't a unicorn is the Mugen Civic Type R 3D. What if you like Japanese tuner cars?

2. One thing I love about Forza is Fujimi Kaido, some more courses - maybe just one or two - like that would be great. I'm not sure why they removed Rally di Positano, but I missed it.

3. Rally cars, rally stages. Horizon had them, hopefully 5 will too.

4. Open wheelers, formula cars and generally greater variety in the racing car side of things. Le Mans and touring cars of various types are great and all, but I want some Formula Ford/BMW/Renault type 2 litre 4-cylinders, historic F1 (like the Maserati 250F), Indy, that sort of thing. I'm sure the actual F1 license is unobtainable but that doesn't mean they can't do something similar to what SMS have with pCARS.

5. Maybe some generic un-branded engine choices for engine swaps so you could, if you wanted, put a V8 in a Mini or a rotary in a Datsun. Just a thought.

4) More tracks, loads more tracks. The car quantity in forza is fine, I'm sure they'll beef it up a little. But the game plateaued for me with limited tracks.
More tracks would be cool so long as they are good tracks but I would really like to see some of the ones that are now in the game go away for good. The problem being that I like to try and get to a decent level on the overall circut board and there are so many tracks and classes that it requires a lot of time just to post 1 lap on all of them never mind a good lap.

Tracks I would like to go away
1: Benchmark Test Tracks, Would be ok to leave the speedway but the others are bad and boring and E is just stupid runnign around in a tight circle for 6-8 second laps...
2: Ladera especially the shorter ones- I hate all of these layouts and you have to run them both directions
3: Iberian - Would be ok to leave the full but the short is not much fun and the mini is just a pain. These might be cool tracks if we had Karts for them but in a X class race car they are just awful though not as bad as Ladera
4: The reverse versions and possibly the short versions of the Top Gear tracks. These tracks are just not designed to be ran backwards.

Tracks I would like to return
1: Bugatti Circut
2: Rally Positano - the one that was on Forza 3

Tracks I would like added
1: Monza
2: Bathurst
3: Spa

I would also love to have the option to race some real world tracks in reverse. Nurburgring could be interesting going the other way

If FM5 doesn't have more tracks and better tracks, I'll pass. Thanks to FM4, I never want to run a race on Silverstone, Catalunya, Indianapolis, or Sebring again.

If FM5 doesn't have more tracks and better tracks, I'll pass. Thanks to FM4, I never want to run a race on Silverstone, Catalunya, Indianapolis, or Sebring again.

I'm that way with PD's original tracks in GT. I was only running Monza, Spa, Daytona Road Course, Le Mans and the Nurburgring GP.

Heres a list of what I want to see in FM5

1. For eff's sake Turn 10, PLEASE add more tracks. Seriously.

2. Night time/changing weather

3. The Forza livery editor could move on a little bit now. (Painting carbon, window decals etc)

4. No more original tracks, aside from Maple Valley and Sunset Peninsula. Oh, and Bernese Alps. That track is pretty damn good.

5. Adjustable TCS so you can decide when it cuts in, ala Gran Turismo 5.

1 - Tyre wear
2 - Review of the valid laps control model (not always coherent and globally too safe. i.e. FM4 would reject nearly all irl F1 qualifying laps)
3 - Fuel management
4 - Additional real world tracks
5 - Day/Night cycle (don't think it will happen, we should remind that FM5 is the first game of the Xbox One. We cannot get everything on day one ! ).

1) Being able to get Unicorns offline. Completing all races for a class' World Championship* seems fitting. I wouldn't even mind if it was a random one just as long as we can get all of them offline.
2) Direct export of images.
3) Competitive A.I., no more 3 car breakaways.
4) Custom rivals that you can share with friends.
5) Bring back Positano and add more tracks like it and Fujimi Kaido.

*I'm guessing the race structure will be the same as FM3&4, at least I hope it is.

1. Fix the Nurburgring
  2. Endurance races
  3. More wheel support
  4. Night racing & weather effects
  5. Bump grid count up to 24 cars maximum

1) Being able to get Unicorns offline. Completing all races for a class' World Championship* seems fitting. I wouldn't even mind if it was a random one just as long as we can get all of them offline.

4) Custom rivals that you can share with friends.
5) Bring back Positano

Good ideas, custom rivals could be very cool indeed

OK, call me crazy but:

I want the FM5 experience to not be limited to the time I spend sitting in front of my TV on my couch.

I want to be able to pick up my iPad and work on a vinyl or paint job, and then throw that up on the store front. I want to check out my split times on a certain track against my friends! While I'm at work I want to be able to buy a car, find a tune and paint, and have it waiting for me at the start line when I say "xBox, ON!" I want to buy a car and upgrade it myself, check out the dyno numbers, and see what kind of split times the FM AI can get out of it at certain tracks. I want to command a car to a spot, and take a photo of it, and post it! And like I said, I want to be able to do all this from a website, my smartphone, or tablet.

Like I said, call me crazy.

It would be great to enhance the multi-monitor support.
On FM2-3-4, you do not get an ultra large image displayed on 3 screens but more something like 3 different cameras connected to each of the screen. The result is not the same (at all) and it is impossible to get everything properly aligned as you would with PC games or even GT5.

Back