5 Random Facts About You

• Thread starter Lissa
  • 2,330 comments
I have never “liked” a single post on GTP.

My alcohol withdrawal symptoms (DTs) are so severe that I’m scared to drink these days.

I’m currently on a mountain buying strawberry plants.

Oolong is my favourite tea.

Mint of any variety (peppermint, spearmint, etc) except mint chocolate invariably makes me sneeze upon consumption.

I have never “liked” a single post on GTP.
Ok, some how I knew. And I actually almost asked you recently. Has this been brought up before? Or...

Ok, some how I knew. And I actually almost asked you recently. Has this been brought up before? Or...

Nope.

When GTP moved to its latest version which implement the “like” feature I swore I would never use it. That was about 5-6 years ago I think lol.

@Lizard, without fail. I consume mints daily as a smoker but I cannot eat one without having a sneeze.

Nope.

When GTP moved to its latest version which implement the “like” feature I swore I would never use it. That was about 5-6 years ago I think lol.

@Lizard, without fail. I consume mints daily as a smoker but I cannot eat one without having a sneeze.
You had to have sworn publicly. I'm positive. Or, Im just psychic. And that's cool too.

On the subject of sneezing.

I have a genetic curse that means I sneeze about 8 times in a row each time I sneeze.
I have twice been told I was ruining Christmas because I didn't care enough to come and open presents. You will know the feeling when you get older kids.
I am looking to move and work near London in the near future.
Mint or chocolate are my favourite sweet flavours.
I will sometimes choose wine over beer as a casual drink.

It's been a while, so I'll have another go:

1. All of my first cousins are male.

2. My favorite beer is Great Lakes Christmas Ale.

3. My top three videogames this console generation are: Red Dead Redemption 2, Persona 5, and Nier: Automata

4. I say the word "alrighty" way too much.

5. Apart from the Star Spangled Banner, my favorite national anthem is Gott Erhalte Franz den Kaiser.

1. I don't like family gatherings.
2. I hate videos that involve destroying certain things. For example, things like "destroying rare hot wheels", "burning a Nerf gun", or any of those stupid shredder videos.
3. I have never met a GTP member in person that I know of.
4. I love the Star Wars prequels and Episode III is my favorite Star Wars movie.
5. When I was 7 or 8, I would cover my ears if I ever flushed the toilet at school and I think in public places because I found the noise to be way too loud at the time. Strangely at the age of 25 I still do it even though the sound doesn't bother me anymore.

1 - I have 2 boys (2 and 4 years old) and a girl due in may

2 - I only buy beer with the word 'DRY' in its name.

3 - I love snowboarding

4 - my favorite colour is blue

5 - I own a xjs jaguar

1. During my childhood, I collected car books. It's part on how I learned about the existence of a lot of cars.
2. Also during my childhood, I use to play with hotwheels and matchbox cars by replicating races in Gran Turismo games. I would line-up 6 cars in similar performance classes and race them.
3. The first Supercar I knew about was the Ferrari F40.
4. I learned how to make a book this past semester.
5. I actually prefer winter over summer. At least in winter, I can just put on a sweater or something if I get cold. The summer though, there's not much I can do other than wear a t-shirt and shorts while drinking water.

1. I am more musically diverse than anyone in my entire family, to the point they often find some of the things I listen to to be a bit strange and I am somewhat self conscious about playing my music around them at times.
2. Because of that and the fact I hate being asked what song I am listening to, I prefer to listen to my music alone when I am at home.
3. I have an odd fascination with driving traffic cars in racing games and being able to play as background characters in other games, especially if they're not originally intended to be playable.
4. Despite being 25, I don't have a credit card and for good reason too. :lol: If I ever want to order something from Amazon or Ebay, I have to get my mom or my brother to order it and then I pay them back for it later.
5. When I was 7 or 8, possibly even younger, I purposely sat away from my brother in the mornings when I was eating breakfast before going to school because I hated the smell of Cheerios and the fact he chewed with his mouth open. (both of which I still hate) Oddly, even at the age of 25, I still have a tendency to do this even though I hardly ever see him in the mornings on school days anymore.

I stole Tiger Woods's description of "Cablinasian" and changed it to "Cablasian" to describe myself

I dropped out of school without GCSEs but am now doing a competitive university degree

I have social anxiety disorder and experimented with self medicating before finding something that helps without side effects

I'm technically a ghost on GTPlanet ;)

I owned a 1979 Alfa Romeo Spider that had holes in the floor which was my first petrolhead car

Last edited:
1- I'm a Saudi Arabian:cheers:

2- I prefer to go out during the night rather than daytime

3- Open to friendships :D

4- Started racing in 2013

5- I get terrified of escalators :nervous:

Thank you :gtpflag:

1. I am more musically diverse than anyone in my entire family, to the point they often find some of the things I listen to to be a bit strange and I am somewhat self conscious about playing my music around them at times.
2. Because of that and the fact I hate being asked what song I am listening to, I prefer to listen to my music alone when I am at home.

I used to have that problem with most people in general, even though my music tastes aren't actually that diverse. It really makes me wonder what it is about music that they actually like, because it doesn't seem to be anywhere near what I like about it. And one more thing, for Pete's sake get a credit card! :lol:

I used to have that problem with most people in general, even though my music tastes aren't actually that diverse. It really makes me wonder what it is about music that they actually like, because it doesn't seem to be anywhere near what I like about it.
For me, some of the reasons why it annoys me when they ask is because they either look at me very strange (which again makes me feel awkward and self conscious) or they will turn it into a 20 stupid question game while i'm trying to listen to it. It annoys me even more when the song has an unusual title that I can't pronounce. Ironically my brother had just got through doing that when I typed that post.

Sometimes it don't bother me as much as others, other times it drives me up a freaking wall, it just depends on certain things I guess. Like if it's a song they have wanted to know the name to for a long time, but haven't been to figure it out, that's kind of understandable because I've been there before, but anything outside of that, just no. (i'm sure i'm forgetting something here) Luckily, since I am fairly anti social around my family, it doesn't happen too often.
And one more thing, for Pete's sake get a credit card! :lol:
I would, but I couldn't do it even if I wanted to because my parents wouldn't allow it and in all honesty, it's for the best. Given how bad my spending habits are, giving me one would be a recipe for disaster! :lol:

1. I've often have issues with proof-reading my papers during my time at school and some of you probably noticed that.
2. My voice volume can be very inconsistent. Sometimes I can be very quiet to where noone can understand what I'm saying and then I can end up being too loud at other times.
3. I don't care for playing racing games on smartphones. I try every so often to play something like RealRacing3, but I get sick of it due to the controls. Touchscreens just feel so awkward.
4. For cake or icecream, I prefer vanilla for either over chocolate. I still like chocolate, but I just prefer vanilla more.
5. For clothing, I prefer to just wear T-Shirts and Jeans.

1. I get deathly quiet when I am in a really bad mood sometimes.
2. I have never been good at taking notes or answering questions while watching a video at school.
3. I went to high school with one of the guitarist for the famous country singer Riley Green and I actually knew him fairly well. I used to sit in front of him in my 11th grade math class and he even went to the same college as me at one point. (I haven't talked to him in years though)
4. I often find that people who dislike and/or make negative comments about the NFS Underground series are usually no friends of mine. I'm not saying that if you do this, you're automatically not my friend, what i'm saying is when I see someone doing this, it's usually from someone I already didn't care for prior to reading the comment.
5. I quit taking naps when I was 2 years old.

Last edited:
You are seriously missing out. Naps are awesome.
I have tried taking naps, but they rarely work out for me. Most of time I don't fall asleep and when I do, I end up not sleeping well at night.

I can remember being in kindergarten and I had to pretend to be asleep, I never actually slept in my entire time there or any grade afterwards. It was strange to me how others still took naps when I didn't.

1. I got pulled off of a go kart track when I was 6 because I spun another kid out
2. Even though I'm from Nashville and one of my best friends is a country singer, I prefer oldies and 80s music a lot more.
3. I collect playing cards. I have about 50 decks on my collection.
4. I like making liveries for racing games far more than I do actually racing.
5. I don't own a pair of jeans.

3. I collect playing cards. I have about 50 decks on my collection.

I’d like to see some of them.

I really like playing cards. My favourite current set is this:
C1DDCD49-6ECD-4370-8C75-AE2317835004.jpeg

I have tried taking naps, but they rarely work out for me. Most of time I don't fall asleep and when I do, I end up not sleeping well at night.

I can remember being in kindergarten and I had to pretend to be asleep, I never actually slept in my entire time there or any grade afterwards. It was strange to me how others still took naps when I didn't.
You're only 25yo. Give it time & you'll change your mind.

1) I have a headache
2) I feel like I've been punched in the kidney area
3) My body aches
4) My head is slightly swimmy too
5) I'm really tired

Facts, yes, interesting, no.

1) I have a headache
2) I feel like I've been punched in the kidney area
3) My body aches
4) My head is slightly swimmy too
5) I'm really tired

I had those exact same feelings Sunday morning... must be something going around.

1)I have French Mastiff
2)I'm 30
3)Only things I like are cars, girls and dogs
4)I was expelled from 2 high schools
5)I have degree in sports management

Latest Posts

Back