5 Random Facts About You

• Thread starter Lissa
  • 2,331 comments
1. I have a fear of talking to people over the phone. Mostly strangers, but sometimes even family members or acquaintances.

2. I enjoy staying busy with work and if I find myself not doing anything, I feel extremely guilty. I hate slacking off at work.

3. If I am woken up, either on my own terms or by something else, I struggle to fall back asleep. Even if I am feeling tired during the day. I avoid a lot of caffeine too.

4. I mumble a lot. People will complain that they can't hear me, but instead of speaking up, I get frustrated at myself and give up.

5. I feel myself stuck between two cultures. My parents are Vietnamese, but I was born and raised in the US. (First generation US born Vietnamese of my family) I get laughed at by family members for my lack of Vietnamese, but at the same time I feel awkward around "full on" American families.

I’d like to see some of them.

I really like playing cards. My favourite current set is this:
View attachment 803502

Nice. These are my current favorites.

P_20190304_154942.jpg

P_20190304_155315.jpg

P_20190304_155824.jpg

Curious, but who is your best friend?

Her name is Jaycee Lynne.

1. I have more than 300 self made memes on my phone. If you think that's weird, you're not alone.

2. Making a trip to the Nürburgring at least once per year has become a tradition for me.

3. Loves doing soccer trips to matches in countries around Germany. Did a day trip to Genk, Belgium with three friends to see Genk vs. Brügge last November, really enjoyed it.

4. I've been able to keep my weight below 100kg for several months now, and it's my goal to keep it there or even decrease that number of 96kg.

5. I run a list of quotes on my phone since March 2017. All sorts of stuff (mostly weird, stupid, funny stuff) lands on there from friends, family, work colleagues or myself.

1. I hate endurance races in GT games and would prefer it they never included them in future titles
2. I typically don’t like explicit lyrics in songs and almost always prefer clean versions. (though some exceptions exist)
3. I have a deep hatred for those who pull the "Would you like it if" card.
4. For many years I have noticed whatever song I get stuck in my head in the mornings will usually fade as the day goes on, but it almost always comes back at the end of the day.
5. I constantly forget how to fully spell the word "definitely", certain letters tend to throw me off and sometimes I even have to look it up. So I often avoid using the word because of this.

I'd prefer all races were over 20 minutes minimum. Endurance races are the best!
Well if you like them, more power to you because I wish I could like them as much as you do or at the very least just not get bored with them. I just get so tired of racing around the same track for an abnormally long time, it bores me to sleep. (Fun Fact: It actually did one time)

I was quite happy to learn GT6 didn't have them and I won't lose any sleep if the next title doesn't either.

Last edited:
Try using way worse car than AI and do tracks that are not that boring.. Like in 4h of Nurb you need to do max 28 laps to win.. Than it can be fun..
I can understand that someone doesn't want to do 4h Tsukuba with Miatas or 9h of Tsukuba omg..

Try using way worse car than AI and do tracks that are not that boring.. Like in 4h of Nurb you need to do max 28 laps to win.. Than it can be fun..
4 hours? I get bored after one hour of racing on the same track. :lol: Nurb? That just makes it even worse for me because I really don't enjoy racing on that track.
I can understand that someone doesn't want to do 4h Tsukuba with Miatas or 9h of Tsukuba omg..
Don't even get me started with the 24-hour races. :ill: Even with GT5's ability to suspend the race, I honestly don't care if I never do a race like that again and it's what prevents me from wanting to create a new GT5 save. Sure I could just not do them, but then I'd never beat the game. :indiff: 24 hour races should not be a thing in a video game in my opinion.

Last edited:
4 hours? I get bored after one hour of racing on the same track. :lol: Nurb? That just makes it even worse for me because I really don't enjoy racing on that track.

Honestly, with the right set up and attitude that 4 hour race is probably one of the best on GT. Famine had a whole thread dedicated to it and many of us enjoyed racing it to see what cars and strategies offered the most enjoyment.

Honestly, with the right set up and attitude that 4 hour race is probably one of the best on GT. Famine had a whole thread dedicated to it and many of us enjoyed racing it to see what cars and strategies offered the most enjoyment.
I'll be sure to check it out sometime. Though I doubt it will make me like endurance races as a whole, maybe it will at the very least make them less boring for me. I think one thing we can agree on is endurance races certainly aren't for everybody.

Last edited:
1. I am slowly developing a southern accent.
2. Country is my primary choice for music and as of recently, I have a strong love for hick hop and country rap in general.
3. Though I do love NFS as I said earlier, I do have some occasions where I almost wish the series never existed.
4. I get annoyed when I have to answer the same questions over and over again.
5. I don't have much patience for people who stand around in the way.

1. I prefer long walks over regular workout.
  2. I experience insomnia about once every third week.
  3. I'm right-handed but left-legged.
  4. I like to observe thunderstorms.
  5. I will rather travel long distances by car than by plane.

2. Country is my primary choice for music and as of recently, I have a strong love for hick hop and country rap in general.
*inhales* I'M GONNA RIIIIIIIDE TIL I CAN'T NO MORE!
I will rather travel long distances by car than by plane.
Road trip!!!! I'm the same way. Driven from Toronto to South Carolina, or Atlanta about 10 times in the span of three years :embarrassed:

Love the American highways especially since you lot use the imperial system and speeding up to 10mph over is acceptable as opposed to only 10km/h over the limit here.

Plus 65-70mph speed limits 👍 vs 100km/h nation-wide (sometimes 90 or 80km/h :grumpy:)

*inhales* I'M GONNA RIIIIIIIDE TIL I CAN'T NO MORE!

Road trip!!!! I'm the same way. Driven from Toronto to South Carolina, or Atlanta about 10 times in the span of three years :embarrassed:

Love the American highways especially since you lot use the imperial system and speeding up to 10mph over is acceptable as opposed to only 10km/h over the limit here.

Plus 65-70mph speed limits 👍 vs 100km/h nation-wide (sometimes 90 or 80km/h :grumpy:)
You wouldn’t like the State of Victoria in Australia.
Here if we’re doing 5 km/h over it’s a $200 fine & 1 demerit point.

100 km/h limit on the metropolitan freeways, rising to 110 km/h on some country freeways.

You wouldn’t like the State of Victoria in Australia.
Here if we’re doing 5 km/h over it’s a $200 fine & 1 demerit point.

100 km/h limit on the metropolitan freeways, rising to 110 km/h on some country freeways.

Ouch. They're not as strict here but everything is linked with the insurance companies so I guess that's something looming over us every day.

Plus most of the traffic drives at 20 over on the highways and highway patrol parks under bridges like eels waiting to pounce on one from the school of fish :lol:

1. I hate hostage situations and interrogation scenes in shows and movies and I get irrationally angry upon seeing them.
2. I absolutely despise washing vehicles by hand.
3. I tend to refer to my brother as "brother" more than his actual name.
4. I don't really care how realistic the physics are in a racing game, all I really want is for it to be enjoyable and easy to control.
5. I frequently talk to my cats as if they are human.

1. I don't like being around most small children.
2. I love the PlayStation Classic particularly when it’s hacked and it is now my go to device for playing PS1 games. If a game doesn’t work for it, I play it on my thick PS2.
3. I have become a bit of a FPS snob as a result of toying around with the Classic a lot and trying to find the right configuration for each game I have.
4. I don’t buy consoles at launch, I usually wait a few years so they can fix whatever issues it will inevitably have at launch.
5. I played my first mature rated game at my cousins house when I was 9 or 10 and the game I played was Red Faction.

- I've gotten my A motorcycle license (>600cc) for 2 years and I miss riding a bike (I never owned one but I wanted to get the licence in case I wanted to move abroad to a country where I don't dominate the language).
- I'm a poor/average verbal communicator. I've always done pretty well in school and at work though because being elequent was not the main requirement.
- I've rarely eaten vegetables and fruit for the past 2 years but I'm considering droping meat consumption considerably so I'll need to eat my veggies.
- I want to buy a touring bike and plan a long tour around the world to be made in the next 5-10 years.
- I'm moving back to Hamburg tomorrow (I lived there from 2015-2017).

1. My favourite color is green.
2. My eye color is green.
3. My whole flat is painted green.
4. Im a lefthander.
5. I masturbate with my right hand.

:D

1. I used to have a proper Racing Sim Setup (Logitech G27 with a custom-made mount and rig), but sold it because it was too big for my new house
2. I can replicate a wide variety of accents: New Zealand, Australian, Southern British, Scottish and Finnish
3. I like eating meat, but I don’t like handling it (Raw meat feels weird and squishy and I just don’t like it)
4. I am a closet otaku. Even though my parents probably wouldn’t mind if I told them, I can’t really bring myself to tell them
5. I mostly listen to Drum & Bass or Jungle. Occasionally Dubstep as well. I also like listening to Vocaloid and Rock Music (Particularly Neru, CircusP or Utsu-P)

1. I have a social problem. >> I'm too social
2. I'm very curious by nature
3. I'm also too emphatic, feel other's people pain and always want to help people. :ouch:
4. I'm very talented in many things but I keep these hidden
5. I'm a huuuuuge Porsche 911 fan

1. I dislike mobile racing games on the fact I hate using a touch screen and really don't think it's worth buying an adapter for games I'm probably going to rarely play.
2. Continuing that though, I rarely go out as there's not much to do in my town. So yeah, that's why I don't play mobile games much, because I rarely have an incentive in doing so.
3. I like to daydream when listening to songs. I often pick a song according to what I want to daydream.
4. My favorite Resident Evil game is RE2.
5. I never cracked any screens on any of my smart phones. *knocks on wood*

1. I have no problem typing out stuff large things on a computer, but I hate writing it by hand.
2. If I am planning on typing a large post here on GTP, I usually type it out on a document before posting here just to avoid inadvertently clicking post when I am not even close to being finished.
3. I recently have found when I’m in a mood, typing some posts in documents, particularly about (but not limited to) things that annoy me, helps me channel my frustration rather than taking it out on someone else. I tend to have more motivation to do it when I’m in a mood as well.
4. Mountain Dew Berry Monsoon is my most favorite thing to drink over literally everything else I have ever tried.
5. I don’t care for the song “Moon Over The Castle”.

1. I like making music with loops. Don't call me a musician though because I barely have any knowledge about music theory:lol:
2. I started writing some Pokemon fan fiction but I never completed the story.
3. I have KFC more often that I have Coca Cola; or any soft drink for that matter.
4. I have never eaten sushi. Nor do I want to.
5. My new favourite pizza is Pepperoni.

1. I've been building models from LEGO since the tender age of 4, that's 26 years straight.
2. The Dodge Viper line of cars has always been my favorite among all sports cars. Great cars come and go, but for me the Vipers will always be on top.
3. My strongest lift (comparatively) is the deadlift, I can lift 250kg / 551lbs, that 2.5 times my bodyweight.
4. I cannot discern yellow from white - and vice-versa. Dropping a light yellow soap on white tiles in my shower drives me nuts. :crazy:
5. My favorite game of all the time is Thief - The metal age, a stealth game set in a steampunk-fantasy-world that was released in 2000. And that with a huge margin.

Last edited:
KFC gives me a bad stomach. I have no idea why. I can eat the spiciest, dirtiest street food in Asia with no problems. Any form of KFC chicken causes me bowel problems.

My front door has no lock on it. Hasn’t had one for most of the year. It’s nice to not have to carry a key with me.

I recently published my first game which I will elaborate on once my first copy arrives.

This afternoon I had a DQ ice cream cone, just the standard plain one, and I think I prefer the McDonald’s ice cream cone even though DQ is a proper ice cream joint.

I added grated Parmesan on to my fried pork loins today and it was bloody amazing. I don’t know why I didn’t think of it before.

Back