50 Greatest liveries of all time.

• Thread starter albteman015
  • 1,617 comments
Super Formula, Sunoco Team Lemans. (2015)

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I'm surprised at some of the cars people are posting. Some of them are really lazy schemes. When I think of a great livery I think of something which stands out, can be spotted and recognized instantly and something which endures over time. Things like the Gulf livery, the Falken Tires livery, the old blue/yellow Sunoco camaros etc. I agree there are plenty of "nice" and "cool" liveries I enjoy, but truly classic or the best? Very few and far between.

I agree there are plenty of "nice" and "cool" liveries I enjoy, but truly classic or the best? Very few and far between.
I don't see many people claiming they're the greatest of all time? The thread needs a re-title because its original purpose was to discuss an article listing 50 iconic liveries, but since then it has just been a place to post any liveries the poster sees as good.

Bo
I don't see many people claiming they're the greatest of all time? The thread needs a re-title because its original purpose was to discuss an article listing 50 iconic liveries, but since then it has just been a place to post any liveries the poster sees as good.

Fair enough, carry on. I only read the first 10 pages and the last 10-15...I thought people genuinely were suggesting their picks for the top 50.

GRM's retro livery for Sandown 500.

View attachment 585456

That looks absolutely horrible. As good as the livery was on another car, it doesn't match the shape of this car at all.

Having something which complements the lines of your car is as equally important as having a paint scheme which is pretty in the first place.

While Skaife/Ingall/Longhurst is an incredible partnership. That car really doesn't very good. It just seems unfinished, and looks like they've just chucked some sponsors and their colours on the bare car.

Back