50 Greatest liveries of all time.

• Thread starter albteman015
  • 1,617 comments
formula-e-techeetah-formula-e-team-presentation-2016-techeetah-formula-e-team-presentation (1).jpg
Formula E has been killing it with liveries this season. This is my favorite.

While Skaife/Ingall/Longhurst is an incredible partnership. That car really doesn't very good. It just seems unfinished, and looks like they've just chucked some sponsors and their colours on the bare car.

It would have been nice just with the Vodafone logo's. It's the big green Castrol logo slapped across the bonnet that ruins it for me. Doesn't go with the rest of the car.

In the midst of all the samey Red Bull liveries, it's always nice to see something different. The Koiranen car ran for Niko Kari at Spa this year in GP3 was sublime, wonderfully uncluttered.

_L0U1147.3803475.jpg

_SBB4060.3799033.jpg

I don't really feel as though it works sadly. I usually quite retro paint schemes on modern cars but it looks a little awkward in some sections.

Throwbacks rarely work on very modern cars, IMO. They just plaster on some kinda memorable patterns and hope it works well enough for the fans to eat it up.

Throwbacks rarely work on very modern cars, IMO. They just plaster on some kinda memorable patterns and hope it works well enough for the fans to eat it up.
The key is rather to take the spirit of the throwback and apply it in a modern fashion. Example being the flowing lines livery that BMW adapted from the old Batmobiles, to the Z4 and the VGT.
bmw-z4-gtlm-sebring-75-images-21.jpg

PHOTO_BMW40thlivery-710x400.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

@catamount39 It's the art of adaptation. You have to take modern liberties in order to really make it stand out. This is a problem that plagues the NASCAR liveries, it's just smack dab on the cars with no adaptation at all, and some designs are like that.

BTW, I love the Batmobile BMW liveries <3

Marc Rheinard has been with Tamiya for 22 years. Yesterday saw the shock announcement that it would be his final race for TRF - he celebrated it with an amazing black and white version of his traditional livery. End of an era.

sun_rheBW-1-1200x720.jpg

sun_gridrheinard-1-1200x720.jpg

Back