500PP 4WD Rally Car Super Lap: Eiger Nordwand Short Track

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 426 comments
I have driven every rally car that is allowed in this challenge now. I managed to win gold with all of them, but i'm far from the top ranks. Best car was of course the Toyota RSC and i achieved a 1:09,7xx so far. All Group B cars also performed very well with one exception, the Mitsubishi Starion. Even the Pajero Rally Raid Cars are faster than the Starion. I could run lap times under 1:13 with all other cars, but i couldn't get the Starion under 1:13,8. Why is this car so sluggish?

Weight and weight distribution. It is heavily understeer biased naturally. The engine is also peaky no matter what you do. It all adds up... ST185 Celica was even worse imo. But I see it is favorite for the drift. Less grip can be good sometimes.

I might reduce the front anti-sway bar to 1 and soften the front springs to make the Starion turn better. Adding weight to the back of the car doesn't seem to be a good idea.

I had some difficulties with the Celica too, but after i found out how to drive it, i was 1.5 seconds faster. You can let it drift through the tight turns and that works quite well.

Just managed a 1:10.982 with @Otaliema s tune for the raid car. No Ballast needed and just a hair of understeer at wide open throttle. This puts me almost 2.7 seconds up on the rest of my friends list. (I think I need some faster friends)

I am done with this now @Otaliema because I have some CoTM to do and this has been fun, thanks :cheers:.

This tune below got me 1:08.676 and using a G29 wheel, and to @chrisspeed281 here is the tune as well.

Name Of Car: Toyota RSC Rally Raid Car

PP: 500
BHP: 302
WEIGHT: 1,000kg
WEIGHT DIST: 54 : 46
TIRE(S): Comfort: Soft

GT Auto:
Oil Change - No
Rigidity Improvement - Yes

SUSPENSION: Full Custom
RIDE HEIGHT - 160/80
SPRINGS - 14.62/10.00
COMP - 3/8
EXT - 3/7
ARB - 4/6
CAMBER: 0.0/0.0
TOE: 0.00/0.00
BRAKES: Racing
BRAKES - 3/7

FINAL TO - 5.500
TOP SPEED TO - 112mph
1ST - 2.891
2ND - 2.230
3RD - 1.815
4TH - 1.510
5TH - 1.285
6TH - 1.109
7TH - n/a
FINAL - 3.000

LSD: Full Custom
INITIAL - 7/8
ACCEL - 55/60
DECEL - 20/30

CLUTCH TYPE: Triple-Plate:Installed
CARBON SHAFT: Installed

F/R Torque Distribution: 50 : 50

POWER LIMITER - 72.8%

DOWNFORCE - Front: 150 Rear: 350

I am done with this now @Otaliema because I have some CoTM to do and this has been fun, thanks :cheers:.

This tune below got me 1:08.676 and using a G29 wheel, and to @chrisspeed281 here is the tune as well.

Name Of Car: Toyota RSC Rally Raid Car

PP: 500
BHP: 302
WEIGHT: 1,000kg
WEIGHT DIST: 54 : 46
TIRE(S): Comfort: Soft

GT Auto:
Oil Change - No
Rigidity Improvement - Yes

SUSPENSION: Full Custom
RIDE HEIGHT - 160/80
SPRINGS - 14.62/10.00
COMP - 3/8
EXT - 3/7
ARB - 4/6
CAMBER: 0.0/0.0
TOE: 0.00/0.00
BRAKES: Racing
BRAKES - 3/7

FINAL TO - 5.500
TOP SPEED TO - 112mph
1ST - 2.891
2ND - 2.230
3RD - 1.815
4TH - 1.510
5TH - 1.285
6TH - 1.109
7TH - n/a
FINAL - 3.000

INITIAL - 7/8
ACCEL - 55/60
DECEL - 20/30

CLUTCH TYPE: Triple-Plate:Installed
CARBON SHAFT: Installed

F/R Torque Distribution: 50 : 50

POWER LIMITER - 72.8%

DOWNFORCE - Front: 150 Rear: 350
This looks very interesting and fantastic ! Totally different from what i'm driving at the moment.
Maybe its time for a change :D

What it this setup like ? does it feel as stable as it looks ? Maybe a bit slippery on the rear ?

This looks very interesting and fantastic ! Totally different from what i'm driving at the moment.
Maybe its time for a change :D

What it this setup like ? does it feel as stable as it looks ? Maybe a bit slippery on the rear ?
It is very good setup and it s my own tune, it is very stable and the one thing that helps me is trail braking, it is not slippery and it handles like its on rails around the corners but you have to get the braking right to do it.

It is very good setup and it s my own tune, it is very stable and the one thing that helps me is trail braking, it is not slippery and it handles like its on rails around the corners but you have to get the braking right to do it.
Thanks for posting your setup. I tested it this morning. It's a really good one, but a bit too stable for me. I adjusted it to my pedals (i always have to use different brake settings) and driving style:

F/R Torque Distribution: 48 : 52

INITIAL - 6/7
ACCEL - 50/55
DECEL - 15/25

My laptime has improved by .4 seconds to a 1:09,461 now and i threw away several laps with additional 2/10ths. So there is room for further improvement.

if it is still too early, you can upgrade to see if the track dries
Afraid I don't get that reply at all Roman. Presumably it's a joke.
No matter. I was just asking if you were going to post your Raider tune or did you want to keep it private until later in the game. Like I said, if you wish to keep it private that's fine. Cheers.

sounds great. Cant wait to test it.

What do you mean with "trail braking" how do i "brake right" on this track ?

Thanks for posting your setup. I tested it this morning. It's a really good one, but a bit too stable for me. I adjusted it to my pedals (i always have to use different brake settings) and driving style:

F/R Torque Distribution: 48 : 52

INITIAL - 6/7
ACCEL - 50/55
DECEL - 15/25

My laptime has improved by .4 seconds to a 1:09,461 now and i threw away several laps with additional 2/10ths. So there is room for further improvement.
No problems if you change things to suit your driving style 👍.

1.08.677. Tip: High turbo 50% ballast no extra weight, It works for me. With the Raider.
Hi mate, what does 50% ballast no extra weight mean?
Are you saying you use 50% of available ballast, 100kg? If so what does 'no extra weight' mean?
Just not getting it. Could be old age, or something lost in translation, ha ha.

1.08.366. Which came close to a 1:07 lap but in the last corner I 🤬 it. Get nervous because i was almost 1 second before my ghost:eek:

I had the beer almost...davidt33:lol: Be hard to improve this time.
Would You share with us what exactly tune You use?
My best time 1:08,798 an yesterday my friend achieved 0,004 less than me. I have to find a way to improve my time a little bit. :)

Back